The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, have fun mixing and don't drop anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do like pb and cereal. I’m going to give this some vaping time before I declare it good. Not sure right now if it has enough pb.

• Like Like x 4
  3. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I ended up dumping the pb custard I was trying from a recipe I found. There was something harsh about it. I think it would be better with a couple pb flavors instead of just tfa.

• Like Like x 4
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    IDK I don’t find the TFA harsh at all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m actually liking this more as I go. Pretty sure it’s another good one but holding off for more vaping time.

• Like Like x 4
  6. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    What a difference a long steep makes!

Back on Groundhog Day, February 2, I mixed an SFT of my untried Wonder Flavors Vanilla Runyan Custard at 4%. I tasted it after about 3 weeks and I didn't like it because I tasted too much anise. I put it away again and didn't think I would ever try it again. Wanting to toss it so I could use the bottle for other mixes, I decided to try it again and it is fantastic! I've been vaping it for 3 days now. I don't taste anise at all, but there is a vague smidgin of a fruity taste and I am thinking it must be the anise. This one needs a very long steep!

• Like Like x 8
  7. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I screenshot shot this meaning to share it with you, and forgot :blush:
    I marked out the names for privacy, I hope. The discussion was initially pb + ap. The % comment is for ap.
    12547899-143D-45DB-BE47-740E840E3A57.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Gonna have to dig out my recipe and see what I put in this one. Don’t remember

• Like Like x 2
  9. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    These look great to me. I put both in my ELR recipes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Zazie Another for you.

I am liking this quite a bit.

Crunchy PB Cereal
    TFA Crunchy Cereal 1.5%
    Cap Cereal 27 1.5%
    TFA PB DX 5%
    FLV PB 1%
    FW Yogurt 2%
    TFA Dairy Milk 2%

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    this sounds fantastic

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think it’s tasty :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Huckleberry Bourbon is up next but not today.

• Like Like x 6
  14. hittman

Supporting member
    Does anyone know if I’ve cream flavors need to steep. I’m trying the raspberry ice cream I mixed this morning and feel like it’s missing something.

• Like Like x 4
  15. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Y’all have been busy! So many new recipes. I need to go get a notepad and write them all down.

• Like Like x 4
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yup

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just realized I’m woefully short on orange citrus flavorings. Is there anyone running a sale today or a code to drop the price on an order today?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    OH MY GOD. That was hell. Mixing I mean. I WILL say I somehow subconsciously bought all the flavors for the perfect Mango Lassi can't wait to try it but thankfully nothing needs re-wicked. BUT it smelled like Mango Lassi right out of the gate. So I am optimistic. Maybe tomorrow. I defrosted my fridge. I had to make more nic base. I'm not ENTIERLY sure I got my nic base calculations right but WHATEVER do not care. I used more PEG400 than VG it was nice and will be fine wicking wise I HOPE... BUT I washed bottles labelled things with care, I had a green mango an "indian styled mango OH GO me for that flavor, do not ask the manufacturer but it exists and my beloved Purilum mango for stability which I DID like spill 1/3 of all over the place. I mixed your mix @FranC but it bore so little resemblance to the original I just labelled it "mom." I think it will be more a berries thing with cream (including mascarpone but we will see. It smelled good anyway. So first I replenished 3 of my favorite one shots (YES green banana is one) as is toasted coconut mango sherbet but that needs to steep a bit. I made tweaks and stuff.

Then I GOT a bug up my but about creating5 more flavors. I was like BRANDY and crème bruelee and berres OH YES. I mean why not? I decided I wanted a custard and defiantly made a custard and berry mix as I find berries hide a multitude of sins .That one needs to steep, I am afraid.

The only "old" mix I made was French toast with Rhubarb and whipped cream and maple syrup. I was like, "It's only 11 flavors WHY NOT.

When I was contemplating my grapefruit and how to make it palatable I just FOLDED man, I mean... I can only deal with SO MUCH. I have no idea what would be good with grapefruit. So instead I mixed Nona's cake with a Blueberry Muffin as directed on the internet by a random stranger. I did it because it was ONLY two flavors, man. That was the real reason.

Nona's cake smells BEYOND foul, I think I will be steeping that some with the lid off.

I had to ask the husband if we could eat dinner later because I got so overfixated and yes, clumsy, My period should be here any day now gots the dropsies. BUT OMG I HAD TO FINISH.

So yeah then it was play with the lids game. I really should not allow me to proceed without putting the cap on after EVERY mix. There is always the lonely bottle where the cap doesn't FIT at all, and well, it sucks and you get out the duct tape if you are me that is what you do.

I returned my newly replenished nic base to like the fridge, the flavors can sit. I hate flavors a bit right now.

I believe I will get a winning mix from the Mango Lassi AND some others AND all my labels are legible and whatnot and the bottles are dry.

I'm not doing my hair tonight the freaking Henna can wait until tomorrow. I took some Tyleol and I still want to DIE .BUT I refuse to until I taste some of my new flavors. Because that Lassi is a WINNER BLUE RIBBON recipe and it was complicated. LOL I'm gonna give it at least a week. If it is good I will drag out my ingredients, make more and post the recipe because it is GONNA be awesome.

Still NOT GOOD TODAY.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  19. hittman

Supporting member
    I meant ice cream. Darn autocorrect!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You mix booze with the grapefruit silly. I hope you love your Mango recipe :wub:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1