Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    How abut the wines? Those taste very true to themselves. I have a marsala that is GREAT Port wine, also good, pink champagne a personal favorite so much so, I had to put it aside for a time. Too much of anything is boring.
    Anna
    Yeah, I like some of the wines too. I’m sure I have some recipes somewhere

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Maybe a bit more Cannoli? BUT if the mix is good why change it?
    It’s creamy tart pear (probably the quince that I added to the pear???) and a touch of mascarpone in the background. I don’t taste any of the salted caramel or desiccated coconut. (Which is possibly a plus lol!)
    I used 2% cannoli and 1% JF biscuit, plus 3% TPA vanilla custard ll. All new to me. Do you think the custard is drowning it out, or I didn’t use enough of the bakeries?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s creamy tart pear (probably the quince that I added to the pear???) and a touch of mascarpone in the background. I don’t taste any of the salted caramel or desiccated coconut. (Which is possibly a plus lol!)
    I used 2% cannoli and 1% JF biscuit, plus 3% TPA vanilla custard ll. All new to me. Do you think the custard is drowning it out, or I didn’t use enough of the bakeries?
    If you would like the bakery more upfront I would up them a bit plus drop the caramel and coconut.Maybe drop the custard to 2%

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I almost flunked typing in high school (my bad... wasn't really interested at the time) I was also a slow reader (very good reader, very good with spelling/grammar) just didn't do well on "timed tests". I have since learned (completely on my own) to speed read and type like crazy (self taught... "hunt and peck" but I can really fly on a good day)
    I actually “failed” typing twice :oops: because I couldn’t type with my fingers under the cover. I actually do fine as long as I can see the darn keys!! The teacher took pity because she didn’t want to wreck my 4.0, and didn’t think I was likely to go into a job that would require me to have any secretarial skills. How times have changed! Now everyone needs to be able to effectively run a keyboard.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I haven’t had many booze flavors but haven’t liked any that I’ve tried.
    I didn’t like the couple bourbons I tried, or the one brandy. I’m willing to try other rums after the “bbq sauce” one I bought by mistake lol. Gin and vodka are both good. And (I think) the pink champagne (I know it’s a sparkling wine of some sort)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I didn’t like the couple bourbons I tried, or the one brandy. I’m willing to try other rums after the “bbq sauce” one I bought by mistake lol. Gin and vodka are both good. And (I think) the pink champagne (I know it’s a sparkling wine of some sort)
    Yup,the pink is good.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    If you would like the bakery more upfront I would up them a bit plus drop the caramel and coconut.Maybe drop the custard to 2%
    I don’t taste caramel or coconut in it at all, but I don’t know if they add something I’m just not singling out? I’ll try a v2 with less custard, and up the 2 bakeries and see how it goes. It has enough merit to give it a try

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don’t taste caramel or coconut in it at all, but I don’t know if they add something I’m just not singling out? I’ll try a v2 with less custard, and up the 2 bakeries and see how it goes. It has enough merit to give it a try
    Good luck for improvements

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It's SUCH a good flavor FW IIRC? PJReid loves it.

Well, manager called me back good for her an said she had requested stuff. I was in the middle of a coughing fit time for more ah, Albuterol I think. I was like, "Dude, I am sorry I yelled, but really this stuff... " She was like, "No, no I'm sorry and I will be talking to your claims manager." I was like, cool so where you want me to send my chest X ray tomorrow?" LOL I'm sure it's vile. Even when I had pneumonia for 18 months I didn't have any dips dude, in my o2 sats they ruthlessly remained like, 98 or whatever. I bet it looks like black lung in there at the moment.

Unfortunately my PCP is such a twit, much time will be spent telling him what to write. Kevin Spur, DO. It's such an unfortunate name, man.

I cannot WAIT to leave this hateful place. I did no apply for anywhere today because the rest I'm into well, I have some time although new stuff pops up all the time, meh, maybe I will search, maybe not. IDK.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's SUCH a good flavor FW IIRC? PJReid loves it.

Well, manager called me back good for her an said she had requested stuff. I was in the middle of a coughing fit time for more ah, Albuterol I think. I was like, "Dude, I am sorry I yelled, but really this stuff... " She was like, "No, no I'm sorry and I will be talking to your claims manager." I was like, cool so where you want me to send my chest X ray tomorrow?" LOL I'm sure it's vile. Even when I had pneumonia for 18 months I didn't have any dips dude, in my o2 sats they ruthlessly remained like, 98 or whatever. I bet it looks like black lung in there at the moment.

Unfortunately my PCP is such a twit, much time will be spent telling him what to write. Kevin Spur, DO. It's such an unfortunate name, man.

I cannot WAIT to leave this hateful place. I did no apply for anywhere today because the rest I'm into well, I have some time although new stuff pops up all the time, meh, maybe I will search, maybe not. IDK.

Anna
    Take care of your health first.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I finally tried my simple 3 flavor recipe:
    (WF) Coissant
    (PUR) Creamy caramel
    (FW) Hazelnut
    I mentioned loving the simple pastry with caramel and walnuts... that's what gave me the idea (but hazelnut is just so much better than walnut)
    It's so good! Can't give you % because I did this "trial and error" in my tank. I am going to vape this little 2ml tank all evening.
    Will actually mix a 10ml batch and post % soon. It doesn't fit the actualy pastry I remember, but I think a little vanilla would be a nice touch.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That is surprising cuz it sounds foul. No offense. Some fruits I just can't stomach in a vape and sour apple would be one of them.

But GREEN banana is totally okay. :lol: We have widely varying tastes.

@FranC did you decide on love, or hate? On the molinberry one shot?? (Okay mom I won't do much I mean I just may look is all. An application is taking me about 15 minutes now, just gotta keep changing the cover letter, etc.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is surprising cuz it sounds foul. No offense. Some fruits I just can't stomach in a vape and sour apple would be one of them.

But GREEN banana is totally okay. :lol: We have widely varying tastes.

@FranC did you decide on love, or hate? On the molinberry one shot?? (Okay mom I won't do much I mean I just may look is all. An application is taking me about 15 minutes now, just gotta keep changing the cover letter, etc.

Anna
    Just thinking that if you had to do an actual in person interview it would be good to not be sick. Not sure on the one-shot yet

Users who are viewing this thread