Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When you say cracker, is it like a saltine dry and salty, or like a ritz cracker buttery and salty, or does it taste salty at all? (I like my crackers salty)
    If I had to pick I would say ritz but seeing as it’s not a cracker it’s not salty.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Only things holding me back on tropical try #2 is Pineapple, and a non-funky mango. I tried one pineapple during @hittman 's unused flavor game, but it was not what I was looking for. Mango is funky IRL, so maybe a non-funky one is not what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll try a different fruit, like papaya.

Appalachia would be easier. I have TFA red oak and maple syrup, FA whiskey, a very small amount of little space drop and DNB, the pine note is something I'm sure I have but can't remember what it is. No gin flavors, that would do it. Hmmm, I need to look through my flavor boxes.

I like VT sugarloaf pineapple.

Current cart at BCF.

TFA Caramel Cappuccino
    TFA Acai
    INW Rhubarb
    INW White Grapefruit
    INW Biscuit
    CAP Cup of Joe
    CAP New York Cheesecake
    FLV Cream
    FW Natural Ruby Red Grapefruit
    FA Black Tea
    VT Sugarloaf Pineapple
    VT Bitters
    VT Russian Vodka

What is Mascarpone, should I get some? Haven't tried this IRL.
    mascarpone cheese is great with cheesecakes, helps finish off the flavor to them
    i have it but yet to use it sugarloaf pineapple, it was recommended many of times
    pineapple, as with most fruits, need several different types to round out the flavors
    what I've used so far and works fairly well is
    equal parts TFA Pineapple (or TFA Pineapple Juicy) and PUR Golden Pineapple
    usually with fruits i try to buy 3 versions of it, a normal one, a sweet one, and a ripe one then mix them into equal parts to make 1 flavoring

if you like banana's then grab you some wf banana candy, it tastes almost like banana runts and it's great mixed with other banana's to give it a good flavor
    Bavarian cream is a good one to have as it's a decent cream and gives a nice mouth feel
    INW cactus is another good one to have on hand, a drop into your mix can add some moisture back into it
    PUR Cookie is pretty good if you are looking for a cookie base
    wf croissant and wf deep fried pastry dough are great for baked goods
    if you need a nutmeg flavor TFA Holiday Spice is pretty much nutmeg
    Pur Lemon Sicilian is another I have but not used yet, highly recommended for lemon flavors
    Meringue is another great one to have on hand
    FLV Milk & Honey (recommended by FranC) helps smooth things out
    INW Shisha Vanilla (is on my list to order) don't have it but it's another highly recommended one
    River Supply has this one called Sugar Crunch it's great in baked goods, adds a kind of crispness to it
    of course Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a good one to have on hand, makes for a great cream
    ws-23 adds coolness without a menthol taste (a drop or two goes a long way)
    FA Fresh Cream helps a dry mix to be less drying
    FLV Cream adds a nice mouth feel

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    mascarpone cheese is great with cheesecakes, helps finish off the flavor to them
    i have it but yet to use it sugarloaf pineapple, it was recommended many of times
    pineapple, as with most fruits, need several different types to round out the flavors
    what I've used so far and works fairly well is
    equal parts TFA Pineapple (or TFA Pineapple Juicy) and PUR Golden Pineapple
    usually with fruits i try to buy 3 versions of it, a normal one, a sweet one, and a ripe one then mix them into equal parts to make 1 flavoring

if you like banana's then grab you some wf banana candy, it tastes almost like banana runts and it's great mixed with other banana's to give it a good flavor
    Bavarian cream is a good one to have as it's a decent cream and gives a nice mouth feel
    INW cactus is another good one to have on hand, a drop into your mix can add some moisture back into it
    PUR Cookie is pretty good if you are looking for a cookie base
    wf croissant and wf deep fried pastry dough are great for baked goods
    if you need a nutmeg flavor TFA Holiday Spice is pretty much nutmeg
    Pur Lemon Sicilian is another I have but not used yet, highly recommended for lemon flavors
    Meringue is another great one to have on hand
    FLV Milk & Honey (recommended by FranC) helps smooth things out
    INW Shisha Vanilla (is on my list to order) don't have it but it's another highly recommended one
    River Supply has this one called Sugar Crunch it's great in baked goods, adds a kind of crispness to it
    of course Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a good one to have on hand, makes for a great cream
    ws-23 adds coolness without a menthol taste (a drop or two goes a long way)
    FA Fresh Cream helps a dry mix to be less drying
    FLV Cream adds a nice mouth feel
    That took a lot of typing!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I swear to all that is holy, @FranC I will go anyway.

It's an abx but even better, I guess my ER telemed doc knew what she was doing, she gave me the right thing without placebo. She did not tell me it is half the uh, France treatment:

How Z-Pak Could Slay COVID-19

So I guess that is cool. But yes, even if I am sprightly and better, I will get the chest X-ray. I'm due for one anyway to make sure the lobe scarred by pneumonia is like, not growing.

I am resting the husband has opened all the doors, lots of fresh air, talked to my kid.

Just took my second dose and it's nice to feel better but somehow, someone should examine the interior of my lungs.

I promise I will go. LOL Should be nice to get out of the house even to a medical office, wait what I am I SAYING. Heh.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm vaping the toasted coconut pecan cheesecake I thought was a fail. After two weeks steeping it's tasting decent, guess it just needed some time.
    Fran convinced me cheesecake need a good steep (and so do other things like bakery, nut, maybe even coconut)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I swear to all that is holy, @FranC I will go anyway.

It's an abx but even better, I guess my ER telemed doc knew what she was doing, she gave me the right thing without placebo. She did not tell me it is half the uh, France treatment:

How Z-Pak Could Slay COVID-19

So I guess that is cool. But yes, even if I am sprightly and better, I will get the chest X-ray. I'm due for one anyway to make sure the lobe scarred by pneumonia is like, not growing.

I am resting the husband has opened all the doors, lots of fresh air, talked to my kid.

Just took my second dose and it's nice to feel better but somehow, someone should examine the interior of my lungs.

I promise I will go. LOL Should be nice to get out of the house even to a medical office, wait what I am I SAYING. Heh.

Anna
    Good, I'm glad you will have that done. Also glad you are feeling better.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I still don’t have the right grapes in my Grape Love mix. I really haven’t done much with grape til now. Anybody have a opinion on the tastiest grapes?
    This time I have to be like you... I can't vape grapes (white grape is OK but just so many other fruits I prefer) Maybe try to save it by adding black currant?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran convinced me cheesecake need a good steep (and so do other things like bakery, nut, maybe even coconut)
    Nuts don't need much steep. Cheesecake needs a month. Other bakery 2-4 weeks.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    What about Cannoli, what does this taste like?
    I’d love to find out lol. I used it in one of my untried flavor mixes. I’m vaping it right now. I’m not getting any cannoli (most likely my fault). The mix is tasty, it just doesn’t taste like pastry. I’m going to have to rename it lol.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’d love to find out lol. I used it in one of my untried flavor mixes. I’m vaping it right now. I’m not getting any cannoli (most likely my fault). The mix is tasty, it just doesn’t taste like pastry. I’m going to have to rename it lol.
    Maybe a bit more Cannoli? BUT if the mix is good why change it?

Users who are viewing this thread