Random DIY mixing and More

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
so threw my chocolate banana pudding back to the drawing board....
I'd made it 7 years ago with limited flavors :p and it was good enough for me

well...eh...it's ok...nothing special, i'll mess with it some more later
tfa banana 2%
tfa banana ripe 2%
wf banana candy 3%
diyfs chocolate (vg) 2%
fa chocolate glazed donut 2%
tfa graham cracker clear 1%
vt pudding base 3%

it's not too sweet, nice mouth feel to it, but maybe too much banana
i like the graham cracker in there, it gives it kind of a vanilla wafer hint

I usually shoot for 15% flavoring, but I think it may be time to drop that down to 10% and see what happens

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    so threw my chocolate banana pudding back to the drawing board....
    I'd made it 7 years ago with limited flavors :p and it was good enough for me

well...eh...it's ok...nothing special, i'll mess with it some more later
    tfa banana 2%
    tfa banana ripe 2%
    wf banana candy 3%
    diyfs chocolate (vg) 2%
    fa chocolate glazed donut 2%
    tfa graham cracker clear 1%
    vt pudding base 3%

it's not too sweet, nice mouth feel to it, but maybe too much banana
    i like the graham cracker in there, it gives it kind of a vanilla wafer hint

I usually shoot for 15% flavoring, but I think it may be time to drop that down to 10% and see what happens
    It's good the Green Banana one-shot has no real taste of banana to me cause I absolutely hate banana in a vape flavor.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Coffee thermos. Course, I used to have stuff like that happen EVERY morning The problem with coffee, for me USED to be, I had to have some to drink before I drank it to be able to drink it.

The coffee thermos effectively solves that problem for me. For example, I knocked it over this am but that meant two drops to clean up, not an entire cup of coffee.

I have yet to understand how one cup of coffee turns into 30 when spilled but I don't gotta worry about that no more. I love my coffee thermos SO much I have lovingly emptied it and cleaned it as I prepare the coffee to be brewed every evening and I have forgotten zero times. Eve when I was super sick.

I feel deep empathy and sympathy for your coffee experience! :)

Anna

You’re right. One cup looked like a gallon when spilled.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Been meaning to mix for a few weeks now, but with the weather so nice, always end out in the yard, been doing a lot of work to it this year, including a new deck and concrete patio installed.

But finally I believe I am free to mix tomorrow afternoon.

Question for people who create their own mixes, how do you know how much of each flavor to add? Are you just guessing from doing sft or from sources that recommend a %?

I am thinking I want to try creating my own from scratch, but looking for some points before I do.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Been meaning to mix for a few weeks now, but with the weather so nice, always end out in the yard, been doing a lot of work to it this year, including a new deck and concrete patio installed.

Question for people who create their own mixes, how do you know how much of each flavor to add? Are you just guessing from doing sft or from sources that recommend a %?

I am thinking I want to try creating my own from scratch, but looking for some points before I do.
    IDK, I've been mixing a long time. I'd like to explain but I don't know how. In the beginning I got a lot of fails but not so much anymore.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

I just guess....
    what flavor do I want to be more dominant, make that the higher % and then try to balance out the other flavors, aim for a total flavoring of 15% (or whatever % you usually use)
    then I look up real recipes online and try to mimic those flavors with flavorings I have....or look up diy recipes to get a general idea.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    So I vaped an entire tank with my zeus x and tried to get it unstuck again. No go. So I pulled out my serpent elevate which I've never tried and made a build (so easy) and I love it. So easy to build and great flavor. Now I can finally taste my raspberry cheesecake fully and it's great. Since I'm on a roll, this evening I may pull out my profile unity mesh tank and give it a go. I get stuck in one direction and rarely have time to fiddle so I'm going to start using my stuff.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012

If you sign up for elr and try to create a recipe, when you add a flavor to your recipe it will put a suggested % in that field. I sometimes use that and sometimes I don't.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    If you sign up for elr and try to create a recipe, when you add a flavor to your recipe it will put a suggested % in that field. I sometimes use that and sometimes I don't.

That will be useful, thank you :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I vaped an entire tank with my zeus x and tried to get it unstuck again. No go. So I pulled out my serpent elevate which I've never tried and made a build (so easy) and I love it. So easy to build and great flavor. Now I can finally taste my raspberry cheesecake fully and it's great. Since I'm on a roll, this evening I may pull out my profile unity mesh tank and give it a go. I get stuck in one direction and rarely have time to fiddle so I'm going to start using my stuff.
    Good idea...don't stop now

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am not gonna over do it hopefully.

I told the husband there was honking in Douglas, and that it was excessive. He was like, "No, that's just the neighbors they have lots of friends." (I mention it because like, I just heard the "honk three times and turn the corner honk.)

In 24-hrs well, guess what? He returned and said "You are right." I was like, "What do you think it is?" He was like, "Drugs." I was like, "Yeah, that's what I thought." We are trying to decipher the various honks and what they mean. You'd think the cops woulda already but maybe they are all "Let it go...."

Speaking of NOT letting it go, the husband talked to our "new State Farm manager." He was being super reasonable, and the guy was JUST about to hang up but I was listening and I was like "That censored did not answer the question."

So I made the husband come out with the phone. I introduced myself as the policy holder, spouse, and title holder. I was like, l know my husband has been very meticulous with you. I would like to discuss some more overarching facts. First of all, the demo company did not even FINISH the demo before they estimated four months to fix the house. Also, as you have seen, they DECLINED the contract because of the ridiculously paltry sum State Farm offered for the rebuild. Since I assume you have been in this business for a while, you are AWARE it takes time to find a new contractor. You have to estimate a start date, you need to like, have the contractor come LOOK, prepare a BID etc. My husband did ALL that in 30 days. NO one does that in 30 days but his field of work was project management and engineering. He knows how to accomplish these things quickly AND he did it during the whole COVID mess. He literally worked on it EVERY day. YOU should be THANKING him for SAVING you money on the living expenses and disbursing it especially since the house we are getting back is a POS compared to the one we HAD. Furthermore, it is demolished to the ROOF and BELOW the home. All the plumbing, electrical and HVAC have to be redone. My husband had to get bids from THOSE contractors as well. The fact we are achieving it is a miracle, no thanks to SF Mr. New Adjuster."

Then he said, "We just need more information." I was like, that's fine and my husband has SEVERAL large boxes full because quite frankly you did not do your job so we have had to document talking to attorneys, talking to 500 house repair people and we have elevently jillion pictures of the house that your SNOTTY LITTLE adjuster refused to come look at because it was "moldy" even though she expects ME to live there and I have almost been diagnosed with COPD and COVID 19. Surely if there is not a form you can create one. I am sure it would take ten minutes. I work in a business occupation and I create forms and letters all the time .So, if you just stopped being a d:censored: you could email my husband one, and THANK him in your email for all his hard work. I saw that house and I am telling you getting it finished in under a YEAR is a miracle. Then he was all like, "Well, I can't just create a form." I was like, "I believe that to be literally, figuratively and otherwise completely untrue. Unless you have no arms, and even then there is AWESOME dictation software so YOU CAN MAKE A FORM, if you are, as you say, to be discussing it with some other manager, sit down with that person and make something."

So that was debated for a while. I lost. He mentioned "my adjuster" we have asked for her to be removed since she hung up o the husband' and I told the guy she had BETTER not be involved.

Then I told the guy I had been off work thanks to COVID and me and the husband were broke. I asked the guy if he wanted me to have COVID and be HOMELESS. I asked him if that was SF's AIM in life to increase the homeless population as I had run into several people who were homeless. He was like, "No, of course I don't want you to be homeless." I was like, "Well you could just call our contractors and get an end date that is how it worked with a competent adjustor who did not hate us. YOU and YOU alone have the POWER to end the possibility of my HOMELESSNESS. Then he was like, "I can't." So I was like, "Okay cool so tell me what to do then, tell me where to go so I don't get homeless." He was like, "Um, um, um."

I ended on a sweet note, "We have talked to so many attorneys and the Insurance Commissioner. They have practically BEGGED us to take this case. We have been loyal to SF for over a decade, although NOT anymore. That is OVER. But we don't want the hassle of reporting you, although we will if we have to."

Then he asked if we were recording the conversation, we have been for months. I said, rather sweetly, "Sir, it doesn't really matter. There are two of us and one of you and certainly, we can't say WHO might be recording this the husband is on the FBI watch list (he is for some Banking ATM thing and then he (accidentally but still) filed his taxes on the back of some Bill Clinton testimony he had lying around we got audited 3 years in a row, I made him go to electronic filing. LOL)

In any case, yeah I implored him deeply. Those conversations are kind of fun. I really enjoy leading evil horrible people down the garden path until they are stammering "Um um." You can't do it too much or they turn on you like evil wolves but like, the new guy needed to be broke in. Dude.

I am a chipper little person today. Not do to much! LOL

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am not gonna over do it hopefully.

I told the husband there was honking in Douglas, and that it was excessive. He was like, "No, that's just the neighbors they have lots of friends." (I mention it because like, I just heard the "honk three times and turn the corner honk.)

In 24-hrs well, guess what? He returned and said "You are right." I was like, "What do you think it is?" He was like, "Drugs." I was like, "Yeah, that's what I thought." We are trying to decipher the various honks and what they mean. You'd think the cops woulda already but maybe they are all "Let it go...."

Speaking of NOT letting it go, the husband talked to our "new State Farm manager." He was being super reasonable, and the guy was JUST about to hang up but I was listening and I was like "That censored did not answer the question."

So I made the husband come out with the phone. I introduced myself as the policy holder, spouse, and title holder. I was like, l know my husband has been very meticulous with you. I would like to discuss some more overarching facts. First of all, the demo company did not even FINISH the demo before they estimated four months to fix the house. Also, as you have seen, they DECLINED the contract because of the ridiculously paltry sum State Farm offered for the rebuild. Since I assume you have been in this business for a while, you are AWARE it takes time to find a new contractor. You have to estimate a start date, you need to like, have the contractor come LOOK, prepare a BID etc. My husband did ALL that in 30 days. NO one does that in 30 days but his field of work was project management and engineering. He knows how to accomplish these things quickly AND he did it during the whole COVID mess. He literally worked on it EVERY day. YOU should be THANKING him for SAVING you money on the living expenses and disbursing it especially since the house we are getting back is a POS compared to the one we HAD. Furthermore, it is demolished to the ROOF and BELOW the home. All the plumbing, electrical and HVAC have to be redone. My husband had to get bids from THOSE contractors as well. The fact we are achieving it is a miracle, no thanks to SF Mr. New Adjuster."

Then he said, "We just need more information." I was like, that's fine and my husband has SEVERAL large boxes full because quite frankly you did not do your job so we have had to document talking to attorneys, talking to 500 house repair people and we have elevently jillion pictures of the house that your SNOTTY LITTLE adjuster refused to come look at because it was "moldy" even though she expects ME to live there and I have almost been diagnosed with COPD and COVID 19. Surely if there is not a form you can create one. I am sure it would take ten minutes. I work in a business occupation and I create forms and letters all the time .So, if you just stopped being a d:censored: you could email my husband one, and THANK him in your email for all his hard work. I saw that house and I am telling you getting it finished in under a YEAR is a miracle. Then he was all like, "Well, I can't just create a form." I was like, "I believe that to be literally, figuratively and otherwise completely untrue. Unless you have no arms, and even then there is AWESOME dictation software so YOU CAN MAKE A FORM, if you are, as you say, to be discussing it with some other manager, sit down with that person and make something."

So that was debated for a while. I lost. He mentioned "my adjuster" we have asked for her to be removed since she hung up o the husband' and I told the guy she had BETTER not be involved.

Then I told the guy I had been off work thanks to COVID and me and the husband were broke. I asked the guy if he wanted me to have COVID and be HOMELESS. I asked him if that was SF's AIM in life to increase the homeless population as I had run into several people who were homeless. He was like, "No, of course I don't want you to be homeless." I was like, "Well you could just call our contractors and get an end date that is how it worked with a competent adjustor who did not hate us. YOU and YOU alone have the POWER to end the possibility of my HOMELESSNESS. Then he was like, "I can't." So I was like, "Okay cool so tell me what to do then, tell me where to go so I don't get homeless." He was like, "Um, um, um."

I ended on a sweet note, "We have talked to so many attorneys and the Insurance Commissioner. They have practically BEGGED us to take this case. We have been loyal to SF for over a decade, although NOT anymore. That is OVER. But we don't want the hassle of reporting you, although we will if we have to."

Then he asked if we were recording the conversation, we have been for months. I said, rather sweetly, "Sir, it doesn't really matter. There are two of us and one of you and certainly, we can't say WHO might be recording this the husband is on the FBI watch list (he is for some Banking ATM thing and then he (accidentally but still) filed his taxes on the back of some Bill Clinton testimony he had lying around we got audited 3 years in a row, I made him go to electronic filing. LOL)

In any case, yeah I implored him deeply. Those conversations are kind of fun. I really enjoy leading evil horrible people down the garden path until they are stammering "Um um." You can't do it too much or they turn on you like evil wolves but like, the new guy needed to be broke in. Dude.

I am a chipper little person today. Not do to much! LOL

Anna
    I see you're enjoying yourself today :lol:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    That will be useful, thank you :)
    You are welcome. There are also notes that people have put for each flavor that also give mixing suggestions. Just click on the flavor in elr and it will take you to that section. At the bottom it will say notes.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    It seems the zeus x has stuck for other people too. My fingers hurt from trying to fix it. I wonder if breaking the glass would work?
    Try running the tank under really hot water first. There are tools to help you open the tank(plastic). I will return with at link just to show you.

:)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    You are welcome. There are also notes that people have put for each flavor that also give mixing suggestions. Just click on the flavor in elr and it will take you to that section. At the bottom it will say notes.

Thanks, I will spend time setting up elr before mixing, been meaning too for a long time, so need to get it done, and will be useful as got the itch to create my own recipe.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I like the elevate. I bought a few. My all time favorite is the single coil original Zeus rta. If you haven’t wicked the profile unity before then I’d suggest watching a video. If you don’t get it right then you’ll get leaking out the airflow holes on the side like I did when refilling.

Users who are viewing this thread