Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi Random people. Time for me to check in (if only briefly) to say hi. I've been largely on a DIY hiatus the last couple months. But I did sample my chocolate NET extracts and they turned out to be a flop. Very disappointed. I'd gladly send samples to anyone but it isn't worth it. Trust me. They're good tasting NETs but they have virtually no chocolate flavor so they are as good or bad as any other NET. I did send extract samples to Pops because, well, that's what we do. He can see for himself it isn't worth putting on his wish list. I am starting another DIY project that's very focused. I'll let y'all know how it turns out when I get to that point.

Hope y'all are doing well. :)

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Happy versary to any upcoming or those I might have missed.

Got two offers on the house but neither is full price. Oh well, I just need it sold so I can move on to other things. Trying to adjust to new living arrangements, been depressed but hanging in there.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Vaper please tell how you mix your concoction? Percentages and which vanilla? I have Holy and Shisha. Cinnamon I have Flavorah
    (RF) French toast, (VT) Vanilla cream, (FA) cinnamon ceylon (It's a nice mild cinnamon good with bakery... not like "red hots")
    Be careful with that (FLV) cinnamon... it's super strong. (VT) Vanilla is the only one I have but I like it (both of the ones you mentioned sound fine) It's been awhile since I did this... don't remember the % used. I'll try to suggest a guideline anyway (later today)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I did get a much better quote from a company that we sell stuff to through my work. 5900 for American Standard ac and furnace both where the other was 6200 just for ac.
    I had to buy a new heat pump four years ago and it's a definite hit to the wallet. That American dream is expensive! :lol: But I wouldn't have it any other way. We love our house and neighborhood and it has been a nice place to raise my son and call home. :wub: And the best part is I got this sucker paid off!

Price depends on the tonnage and SEER of the unit as well. From what I hear, installation and sizing is the deciding factor of a good unit over the brand of unit. You should see definite energy savings if your old one was 23 years old. SEER ratings are so much better now.

I bought a 12 year warranty on mine for labor, parts, and compressor as well. My son's Dad was an HVAC installer for years. He told me I have to keep up the records of regular clean and checks for the warranty. He also told me if my unit is hit by lightning to not mention that to the company as the warranty will not cover it. I have a 3 ton Heil unit with a 14.5 SEER. Nothing fancy.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had to buy a new heat pump four years ago and it's a definite hit to the wallet. That American dream is expensive! :lol: But I wouldn't have it any other way. We love our house and neighborhood and it has been a nice place to raise my son and call home. :wub:

Price depends on the tonnage and SEER of the unit as well. From what I hear, installation and sizing is the deciding factor of a good unit over the brand of unit. You should see definite energy savings if your old one was 23 years old. SEER ratings are so much better now.

I bought a 12 year warranty on mine for labor, parts, and compressor as well. My son's Dad was an HVAC installer for years. He told me I have to keep up the records of regular clean and checks for the warranty. He also told me if my unit is hit by lightning to not mention that to the company as the warranty will not cover it. I have a 3 ton Heil unit with a 14.5 SEER. Nothing fancy.

It would have been 21 years old in August. The one the guy priced me is a 16 SEER unit and is also 3 ton.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi Random people. Time for me to check in (if only briefly) to say hi. I've been largely on a DIY hiatus the last couple months. But I did sample my chocolate NET extracts and they turned out to be a flop. Very disappointed. I'd gladly send samples to anyone but it isn't worth it. Trust me. They're good tasting NETs but they have virtually no chocolate flavor so they are as good or bad as any other NET. I did send extract samples to Pops because, well, that's what we do. He can see for himself it isn't worth putting on his wish list. I am starting another DIY project that's very focused. I'll let y'all know how it turns out when I get to that point.

Hope y'all are doing well. :)
    Will be waiting for your new project. Really sorry the chocolates didn't turn out as you hoped.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    This one keeps costing us more than it's worth.

My son had a truck like that and it needed about 7K of work and was horribly rusty (AZ does that not sure why) so he traded it in for an SUV which he decided he did not like. He disliked the car payments and insource bump so he paid off a bit, and sold it for a loss.

He THEN found his first truck, a few years younger, somewhere in Wisconsin and took a 100 dollar Uber ride to there and bought it outright.

As his mommy I kept my mouth firmly shut, other than to say things like, "Uh huh... That sounds reasonable.... I can understand I don't like car loans either.... uh huh. Oh I am SO glad you love your "new" old truck. The kid likes something, he commits. He was all like "I must have truck! It's so useful for hauling things (dead Kirbys mainly) and well, the child has an almost pathalogical hatred for debt . He has 3K in freaking "I will try college loans" debt and I encouraged him to go. I would pay it off like that if I could. I feel bad about it. Maybe see what the house brings? I am also going to go after that one K bonus check citing I did the damn work, I was off SICK I want that. Oh, they will not give it to me but I will give it the good old fashioned college try.

I am near death, probably, Okay, I exaggerate. But my clothes, oh near the end of that job, things were just a mess and I was sick. They were scattered ALL OVER and I mean that sincerely. Because I was like, "Anna you are going to have to FIX that." So I did I started around 10. I just now sat down. Everything is organized and my work clothes are hanging in the closet . Everything is being washed, I feel like I could have DIED. But you know, once you get into a project an you are just like "F it, I have to FINISH." It is like that. I have one more load to wash but some need to be hung dried. I am not washing them today and Walmart Definitely is not going to happen. So, like, uh, etc. I would call Douglas SSDI but I am not in a good mood so if I get someone obstructive, that would not be good for me. I am NOT going to Walmart, maybe tomorrow.

I might do yoga just because... But later. And ALSO OMG I am NOT doing Walmart it can WAIT. Holy ghost..

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My son had a truck like that and it needed about 7K of work and was horribly rusty (AZ does that not sure why) so he traded it in for an SUV which he decided he did not like. He disliked the car payments and insource bump so he paid off a bit, and sold it for a loss.

He THEN found his first truck, a few years younger, somewhere in Wisconsin and took a 100 dollar Uber ride to there and bought it outright.

As his mommy I kept my mouth firmly shut, other than to say things like, "Uh huh... That sounds reasonable.... I can understand I don't like car loans either.... uh huh. Oh I am SO glad you love your "new" old truck. The kid likes something, he commits. He was all like "I must have truck! It's so useful for hauling things (dead Kirbys mainly) and well, the child has an almost pathalogical hatred for debt . He has 3K in freaking "I will try college loans" debt and I encouraged him to go. I would pay it off like that if I could. I feel bad about it. Maybe see what the house brings? I am also going to go after that one K bonus check citing I did the damn work, I was off SICK I want that. Oh, they will not give it to me but I will give it the good old fashioned college try.

I am near death, probably, Okay, I exaggerate. But my clothes, oh near the end of that job, things were just a mess and I was sick. They were scattered ALL OVER and I mean that sincerely. Because I was like, "Anna you are going to have to FIX that." So I did I started around 10. I just now sat down. Everything is organized and my work clothes are hanging in the closet . Everything is being washed, I feel like I could have DIED. But you know, once you get into a project an you are just like "F it, I have to FINISH." It is like that. I have one more load to wash but some need to be hung dried. I am not washing them today and Walmart Definitely is not going to happen. So, like, uh, etc. I would call Douglas SSDI but I am not in a good mood so if I get someone obstructive, that would not be good for me. I am NOT going to Walmart, maybe tomorrow.

I might do yoga just because... But later. And ALSO OMG I am NOT doing Walmart it can WAIT. Holy ghost..

Anna
    Ok, I'll help. Walmart can wait!!..........:lol:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    That’s just a start. Many more to come.

Not sure about 'many', but going to keep working on this one, going to try some different banana's in, when I get around to ordering from BCF, waiting for them to restock some other flavors I want.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Good afternoon Mixers!

SIL is coming over today to work on my 16 yr old truck, man I need a new one but they are $$$. This one keeps costing us more than it's worth.

I cancelled with the SIL, my left knee is blown up and killing me. We'll try for Saturday.

The engine on my '04 Dodge Ram keeps shutting off while driving and I have to find out why. I took off the air cleaner system when the truck was new and installed a cold air intake with a K&N air filter that only has to be cleaned (supposedly) every 100,000 miles. It's been 60k since I cleaned it but I was going to put the stock air cleaner back on and see if that helps. If not it's off to the dealer.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not sure about 'many', but going to keep working on this one, going to try some different banana's in, when I get around to ordering from BCF, waiting for them to restock some other flavors I want.
    Have faith. It just takes awhile.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Your welcome, if you mix it, let me know what you think, don't expect to much, as is my 1st own mix :)
    I won't be mixing it, I'm afraid: banana vapes are not my friends. But someone alerted me to an incorrect link in the blog that needed fixing. For a while there, anyone interested in your recipe was being led to the AV Club's reviews of Bloodline.

Users who are viewing this thread