Random DIY mixing and More

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
For just the AC which is the outside unit and the evaporator inside with a humidifier, they quoted 6200. I think that's awful high.

That seems high to me, too. Last summer I had my central heat & AC system replaced after 27 years! It's a 3 ton Rheem AC w/heat pump. Consisted of a new outside unit, new unit up in the attic, and a new thermostat in my hallway. Removed all the old stuff, installed new, loaded up old stuff to take with them, and were outta here in 2 hours. Has a 1 yr. warranty on labor and a 10 yr. parts warranty. Total cost was $3,640.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Good morning mixers. We got the quote from the HVAC place and it seems awful high. For just the AC which is the outside unit and the evaporator inside with a humidifier, they quoted 6200. I think that's awful high. We looked up other dealers and are going to get more quotes.

Seems a bit excessive to me. We paid around 8K for the entire system a couple of years ago and that was with the high efficiency furnace and everything.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

I need to mix one of my adv’s before I run any lower.

I mix mine 100ml at a time in 120ml bottles. Generally wait until there's about 1/2" left in the bottle. Guess that means I start using them before they get to steep. By the end of a bottle they are steeped good. Can't say I ever noticed a difference as I go through a bottle.

I read here once that mixing new juice on top of some old juice speeds up the steeping process.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mix mine 100ml at a time in 120ml bottles. Generally wait until there's about 1/2" left in the bottle. Guess that means I start using them before they get to steep. By the end of a bottle they are steeped good. Can't say I ever noticed a difference as I go through a bottle.

I read here once that mixing new juice on top of some old juice speeds up the steeping process.
    I use 2 120ml bottles for this mix.One has been empty for awhile and I’m going to get it mixed now.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, randomizers :)

Rain may be tapering off, or not. :facepalm:

1836932.gif

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    www.forsakengamingnation.com
    Thank you! I am going to do just the FT and the DDL. Appreciate the response~

No problem, I did see someone recommend adding cinnamon to it I would advise against that the FT RF SC has a hint of cinnamon in it already and adding more makes cinnamon such a dominant flavor that you miss out on the DDL after three days and you end up with a cinnamon vape (think an atomic fireball or a bottle of Hot Damn) with hints of maple syrup

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I use 2 120ml bottles for this mix.One has been empty for awhile and I’m going to get it mixed now.

That might be a better way of doing it. Have 2 bottles of everything so you are always dipping into a mature bottle. I might try to figure out which of my flavors would benefit from steeping and try it out.

Currently I have a stand on my desk with 15ml dropper bottles that I fill tanks from. And a tray of 120ml bottles on a shelf that I fill the small bottles from. Kind of simple. Guess I could have a second batch of 120ml bottles so one of each flavor was steeping while I used the other one. Wouldn't be too much extra work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have no idea what the cost of that stuff should be but I hope you find a cheaper price.

That seems high to me, too. Last summer I had my central heat & AC system replaced after 27 years! It's a 3 ton Rheem AC w/heat pump. Consisted of a new outside unit, new unit up in the attic, and a new thermostat in my hallway. Removed all the old stuff, installed new, loaded up old stuff to take with them, and were outta here in 2 hours. Has a 1 yr. warranty on labor and a 10 yr. parts warranty. Total cost was $3,640.

Seems a bit excessive to me. We paid around 8K for the entire system a couple of years ago and that was with the high efficiency furnace and everything.

I called a customer that we deal with through my work and they gave me a quote over the phone for about half of the original quote. We could get the ac and a new furnace for what the original quote was. We were right. They are way overpriced.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You should definitely shop around, @hittman . We did ours and it was less than that (only slightly) and there was some terrible additional stuff IIRC to do with ductwork. So I hope you find a better price.

Paying for home repairs just always sucks. I am INTIMATELY familiar with that over the past year, and it SUCKS.

Good morning all, the husband went to Tucson at some ungodly hour, and I still got up at seven, g me.

It wasn't that hard. I fell asleep with dark chocolate in my mouth (first time I have ever done it) that' what I get for eating in bed I guess. It's not a good taste to wake up to. It really isn't I was like what did I do chew on tar? I immediately got up to bleach my mouth only I also looked like a murderer (or victim!) so then cleansing had to happen ,and there are some pillowcases that need washing.

I am still going to eat dark chocolate but I am going to do it SOONER. It's my bed time snack (for the iron) and I don't eat very much of I but apparently a little bit can go a long way.....

Since the husband is gone I am going to have a relaxing morning. I just have to call in prescriptions and perhaps call m y SSA office (I have heard bad things) and like see what they tell me to do. I will do it but they better get back to me man.. I will do some things in the afternoon and also, maybe cleaning and yoga.

Anna

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Good morning mixers. We got the quote from the HVAC place and it seems awful high. For just the AC which is the outside unit and the evaporator inside with a humidifier, they quoted 6200. I think that's awful high. We looked up other dealers and are going to get more quotes.
    If you know an AC guy, they can buy the unit for much less than retail. $6200, ouch! It's not even my wallet and that hurt.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I called a customer that we deal with through my work and they gave me a quote over the phone for about half of the original quote. We could get the ac and a new furnace for what the original quote was. We were right. They are way overpriced.
    Oops, posted too soon. Glad you got a better quote.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yay on the better quote @hittman you are getting hit hard at the moment.

In my crack house we had an absolutely ANCIENT oil furnace. I think it was the original one. It looked like something from the steampunk era, but like, well we lived in fear of it dying because we really did not wish to replace it, that is a good 10K just getting STARTED.

It was not what you would call efficient. Our oil bills were HORRENDOUS. We would try to minimize the damage by buying on the off season, but it just was not good.

I also kind of worried that it would die by BLOWING UP. But nope it didn't.

Ugh. I ache from head to toe all over. I realize Anna rehabilitation involves rejoining the human race but COMPLETELY ache from head to foot. All over.

He definitely must do something. I might go poking around some boxes that I don't know what's in them

I could consolidate my vpes into one giant box. I don't really WANT to but I could. I am also a box hoarder and I don't need to be quite so much. I don't need, for example, every box my stupid Tron-S was inside until it broke.

JOYETECH!! I have bought noting joyetech for acme time in fact I bet the actual clone coils I got by accident from fasttech with the awful reviews work out GREAT for me. It could happen.

Well still drinking my OJ. I could have at my clothes I guess, there are always some items you can use to thin the herd. Etc.

My disability check came. It's amazing how something can seem like a ton of money but it's not. It's less than even ONE two week paycheck and I'm like, "Cool I could subsist forever on that. " I want to go to Walmart but also... Don't.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You should definitely shop around, @hittman . We did ours and it was less than that (only slightly) and there was some terrible additional stuff IIRC to do with ductwork. So I hope you find a better price.

Paying for home repairs just always sucks. I am INTIMATELY familiar with that over the past year, and it SUCKS.

Good morning all, the husband went to Tucson at some ungodly hour, and I still got up at seven, g me.

It wasn't that hard. I fell asleep with dark chocolate in my mouth (first time I have ever done it) that' what I get for eating in bed I guess. It's not a good taste to wake up to. It really isn't I was like what did I do chew on tar? I immediately got up to bleach my mouth only I also looked like a murderer (or victim!) so then cleansing had to happen ,and there are some pillowcases that need washing.

I am still going to eat dark chocolate but I am going to do it SOONER. It's my bed time snack (for the iron) and I don't eat very much of I but apparently a little bit can go a long way.....

Since the husband is gone I am going to have a relaxing morning. I just have to call in prescriptions and perhaps call m y SSA office (I have heard bad things) and like see what they tell me to do. I will do it but they better get back to me man.. I will do some things in the afternoon and also, maybe cleaning and yoga.

Anna
    What did your husband go to Tucson for? You were just there.Also what bad things about SSA?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Anna

If you know an AC guy, they can buy the unit for much less than retail. $6200, ouch! It's not even my wallet and that hurt.

I did get a much better quote from a company that we sell stuff to through my work. 5900 for American Standard ac and furnace both where the other was 6200 just for ac.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did get a much better quote from a company that we sell stuff to through my work. 5900 for American Standard ac and furnace both where the other was 6200 just for ac.
    Is that new everything?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Douglas office just sucks apparently. I am going to call them and if they do not answer I will have to call main SSI and hassle them AGAIN.

OMG this woman just realized she is GETTING UP. She is bathing fully and like, getting started on some STUFF. She will then come and rest, with her little tens unit on

This woman has found she is morel likely to do yoga as planned . if she is already wearing her yoga clothes. I'm gonna also uh, deposit these couple checks I have here, I should probably do that. This woman (who decided to use her inhaler a little longer) got a refund check for an office visit as it was COVID related. This one is not sure if she has thrush, like connected to her mouth now it might have just been a burn on the lip. However she is going to schedule the appointment as "Covid related treatment related to COVD related treatment as her copay will be returned. Do NOT ask me man, the 3rd person thing just sorta happened. Maybe it is because I would like to be someone ELSE.

Man I really miss the husband and it has been one morning. If I have to abandon him and got to WV alone I WILL NOT BE PLEASED. I can do it. I do not WISH to.

The husband had to go back because the contractor rescheduled on him they have stuff to hash out. He was sick (the contractor) it happens. It's kind of okay though because for every trip the h\husband loads up tools. He is almost done. He's gonna sell the concrete mixer. I believe that to be wise.

Anna

Yeah I got to get moving I did a whole lot of dumb nothing on my computer. I feel guilt.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The Douglas office just sucks apparently. I am going to call them and if they do not answer I will have to call main SSI and hassle them AGAIN.

OMG this woman just realized she is GETTING UP. She is bathing fully and like, getting started on some STUFF. She will then come and rest, with her little tens unit on

This woman has found she is morel likely to do yoga as planned . if she is already wearing her yoga clothes. I'm gonna also uh, deposit these couple checks I have here, I should probably do that. This woman (who decided to use her inhaler a little longer) got a refund check for an office visit as it was COVID related. This one is not sure if she has thrush, like connected to her mouth now it might have just been a burn on the lip. However she is going to schedule the appointment as "Covid related treatment related to COVD related treatment as her copay will be returned. Do NOT ask me man, the 3rd person thing just sorta happened. Maybe it is because I would like to be someone ELSE.

Man I really miss the husband and it has been one morning. If I have to abandon him and got to WV alone I WILL NOT BE PLEASED. I can do it. I do not WISH to.

The husband had to go back because the contractor rescheduled on him they have stuff to hash out. He was sick (the contractor) it happens. It's kind of okay though because for every trip the h\husband loads up tools. He is almost done. He's gonna sell the concrete mixer. I believe that to be wise.

Anna

Yeah I got to get moving I did a whole lot of dumb nothing on my computer. I feel guilt.
    Hopefully things go better than you feel they will this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread