The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Gosh, I forgot about horchata. I used that for quite a while

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I wasn't tall enough for basketball (but I had my own net above the garage at home... could do a "hook shot" from the end of the driveway) but too short and my tall friends would block my shot and laugh at me. Anyway, not big enough for football either (but I would have been a great receiver... regular "Jerry Rice") but was very good at baseball.

• Like Like x 3
  4. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I haven't tried cactus, but everyone says it's like the universal thing with fruits (going to order some myself)

• Like Like x 1
  5. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm sorry but isn't "latte" a coffee thing (not tea)? I like both so no worries, but the name of the recipe confuses me.

6. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    With pleasure. But first a disclaimer--I'm not much of a mixer and like very little flavoring, but you probably already know that. :)

I vape black tea as I like to drink it--milk and no sugar. But since black tea is a strong flavor, I always add a touch of something sweet and creamy to my vapes to tame it.

I like FA Black tea the best. My go-tos:
    2% FA Black Tea
    1% Fresh Cream
    or
    2% FA Black Tea
    0.5% Vienna
    0.5% Fresh Cream (or any combination of your favorite creams up to 1%--I use FA only)

If you like black tea with honey, try
    1.5% Black Tea
    0.5% FA Honey
    and/or optional 0.5% White Peach or Pear

If you like Earl Grey (all FA flavors):
    0.3% Bergamot,
    2-2.5% Black Tea,
    0.5% Creme Fresh
    0.5% Vienna Cream

Black tea is also good with fruit
    2% Black Tea
    1-1.5% Apricot or 0.25-0.5% Pomegranate or 1% FA Apple (Fuji overwhelms the tea)
    optional--if you like a little extra zing:
    0.5% Lorann Butter Rum (sorry, I don't remember who suggested it--I just had it in my very old notes--so I can't give credit where credit is due)...

If you like white or green tea (my favorites because they are more delicate), try them with creams and fruit and honey (at 3% tea), but don't use FA Green Tea--it's really nasty. I like and recommend TFA Green Tea.

And another warning about FA Honey--this time from HIC's notes:

"FA Honey: Extra-strong flavoring! This is sweet, realistic, excellent amber honey flavor - deeper than clover honey, lighter than buckwheat honey. It is not floral or fruity, and it smells just like a bottle of honey when you sniff the bottle. It's very strong and very sweet! Even 0.25% FA Honey can overwhelm a recipe. I suggest making a small bottle of 10% FA Honey to use as your flavoring bottle. Using 1% from that bottle gives you 0.1% flavoring - which is a light 'spoonful' of honey flavor in a recipe."

• Like Like x 5
  7. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’ve found that if I go very high on it that it ruins the whole mix. I forget the recipe but there was one that used like 2.5% and it was gross.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Latte means milk in Italian, so, technically, anything with milk added can be a latte. ;)
    Au lait in French--with milk. Same deal.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Nice looking raised beds! You mentioned adding "semi"composted straw"... might need a bit more nitrogen to fix that (but not too much) Hope you get them all done (I know it's more work that it seems) :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I love real bear claws. Needs brown sugar (or at least caramel as a substitute) Next time, consider adding (WF) croissant (very rich and buttery)
    P.S. This where Fran comes in and says "I don't get any butter" Cupcake won't get you were you want to go, but croissant will;) If you really like cinnamon (like I do) try (FA) cinnamon ceylon (strong but goes well with bakery)
    I was literally thinking a similar recipe myself today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Cactus isn't much of a flavor as a standalone, IMHO, but is a great mixer--makes any fruit ejuice taste rounder or juicer, if you will.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you much:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    You sound very much like @FranC and I mostly agree (overly sweet is a no go for me but sometimes like a little... "pre-mades" are all too sweet for me... I dilute them) I will never actually add sweetener to a recipe!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Can you please describe the flavor? How sweet. how much spice (I don't mind the spice so much... mostly want to know how sweet it is)

15. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Thank you... not a big tea drinker (or vaper) but good to know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That was my understanding... but now I know to go easy on the % ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Talking about me again?

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I am so undecided on this... I have to make a choice (more flavors or a scale) I just can't do both. I am so tired of using syringes ( but very good at doing it) I really want a scale but I also want to try new flavors (can't do both) And I need two new batteries for my new mod (that I actually don't need right now... more of a back-up) I think I'm going to get the scale and flavors and just wait on the batteries (they should be available for a long time right?)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. DLKnives

DLKnives Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    A scale is a must IMHO. I used syringes once and then went to a scale and never looked back.

• Like Like x 3
  20. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    You are "I don't like sweet" are you not?

• Like Like x 1