Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
What I can't vape at all is sweets--desserts, bakery flavors, etc. Just no.
You sound very much like @FranC and I mostly agree (overly sweet is a no go for me but sometimes like a little... "pre-mades" are all too sweet for me... I dilute them) I will never actually add sweetener to a recipe!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You sound very much like @FranC and I mostly agree (overly sweet is a no go for me but sometimes like a little... "pre-mades" are all too sweet for me... I dilute them) I will never actually add sweetener to a recipe!
    Talking about me again?

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I am so undecided on this... I have to make a choice (more flavors or a scale) I just can't do both. I am so tired of using syringes ( but very good at doing it) I really want a scale but I also want to try new flavors (can't do both) And I need two new batteries for my new mod (that I actually don't need right now... more of a back-up) I think I'm going to get the scale and flavors and just wait on the batteries (they should be available for a long time right?)

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    I am so undecided on this... I have to make a choice (more flavors or a scale) I just can't do both. I am so tired of using syringes ( but very good at doing it) I really want a scale but I also want to try new flavors (can't do both) And I need two new batteries for my new mod (that I actually don't need right now... more of a back-up) I think I'm going to get the scale and flavors and just wait on the batteries (they should be available for a long time right?)

A scale is a must IMHO. I used syringes once and then went to a scale and never looked back.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Can you please describe the flavor? How sweet. how much spice (I don't mind the spice so much... mostly want to know how sweet it is)

The cap horchata was my favorite out of the two I tried. It wasn’t overly spicy. It’s been a long time since I used it. The other was horchata smooth which I think had more spice. I remember the taste of something like a sweet rice and remember nutmeg. I don’t think the cinnamon was very strong.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I agree. A scale is a must.
    Yep... wish I could get the really good one, but getting what I can (I might even wait on the batteries... don't need the mod right now) so maybe a cheap scale AND flavors (batteries should be available for a long time right?)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yep... wish I could get the really good one, but getting what I can (I might even wait on the batteries... don't need the mod right now) so maybe a cheap scale AND flavors (batteries should be available for a long time right?)
    Yup,they should be. You can get a good scale for under $40.

Reactions: hittman

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I think mine was $25
    yeah they used to be around $25...but they've gone up over the past few months....they've been $35 for a few months now...
    https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Nice looking raised beds! You mentioned adding "semi"composted straw"... might need a bit more nitrogen to fix that (but not too much) Hope you get them all done (I know it's more work that it seems) :thumb:
    You are indeed correct! That was actually a problem last year though, i think we might have had too much nitrogen in our strawbales. The strawbales were used in rows as raised beds due to our horrid, very compact, poor soil. We didn't have the money to go for your typical raised garden beds (like right now) organic soil is expensive and adding just 2-3 inches on top is much more affordable as opposed to 12 inches per 4x8 bed, from the get go. I used milorganite (nitrogen heavy) lawn fertilizer last year to condition the bales to get them composting, and I think it was a mistake using that stuff as it was slow release. Our plants grew beautifully, but some had enormous leaf growth, but not enough growth in the actual vegetables/fruits. Right before I dismantled the strawbale garden, we picked the largest dandelion plant we have ever seen growing from a bale, the leaves were gargantuan and we actually harvested it for salads. I think we are good on nutrients in the bales, but I'm certainly no expert. They should be quite rich still from the milorganite, the more balanced NPK fertilizer used at the end of the conditioning phase, and the fish emulsion used throughout the growing season last year.
    The organic raised bed soil we are using to top off the raised beds is rich with nutrients and minerals, the compost accelerator should help to create nutrients and minerals and compost them further, and also plan on using fish emulsion again throughout the rest of the growing season. I compressed and soaked the straw heavily, added the compost accelerator, before adding the soil. Some of these bales are loaded with mycelium, which is fantastic. Gave me the thought of trying to cultivate mushrooms in strawbales and also logs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread