Random DIY mixing and More

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I’ve got those two steeping as well, one month on 7/6 I think. I’m betting I’m into them 7/4!

Oh, shoot, I was only planning a 21 day steep. I'll give it a shot at 21 days and can always put it back in the steep drawer for longer if needed.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I completely screwed up my copy and paste for that blueberry recipe. Here's the actual recipe.

OSDIY Blueberry 7%
INW Lemon Cake 4%
INW Shisha Vanilla 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%

Looks like you're really liking the OSDIY Blueberry. :) I haven't tried any more than 3-4% of it in anything yet. But...I may have to give your recipe a try.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
See the correct recipe below.

I steeped this for 3 or 4 weeks. I had another bottle already made with various differences so I wasn't tempted to dip into the new one.
I've very little experience with lemon but from what I've noticed, lemon taste usually disappears or becomesvery muted after steeping. I'm sure I've seen other folks here mentioning the same, maybe it was @vaper1960 ? I've used Lemon Sherbet concentrate by FSI in few recipes and it was always the same, lemon would literally elbow you in the face for the first 2 weeks, then it would slowly take a step back until it was barely noticable

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I completely screwed up my copy and paste for that blueberry recipe. Here's the actual recipe.

OSDIY Blueberry 7%
    INW Lemon Cake 4%
    INW Shisha Vanilla 2%
    TFA Sweet Cream 2%

I think I’ll try that. It sounds good.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    @FranC , I have to admit something to you... a while back I mentioned adding Croissant to my Cheesecake, Well, tried it the next day and decided it was a fail. It hadn't completely mixed (in my tank) Will stick to graham cracker (and fruits of course)
    Also, I got confused about marscapone (I thought that was an almond bakery... brain fart... the heat is getting to me)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've very little experience with lemon but from what I've noticed, lemon taste usually disappears or becomesvery muted after steeping. I'm sure I've seen other folks here mentioning the same, maybe it was @vaper1960 ? I've used Lemon Sherbet concentrate by FSI in few recipes and it was always the same, lemon would literally elbow you in the face for the first 2 weeks, then it would slowly take a step back until it was barely noticable
    Yes, it was me. Too much at first and then (depending on the brand/flavor) fades quickly.

Reactions: FranC

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I think I’ll try that. It sounds good.
    It does but I only have a pre-made blueberry (going to try something similar anyway... the pre-made is too sweet anyway so I'l dilute it and add the other flavors)
    Thanks @englishmick for the idea.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I actually watch that thread, there was one individual over there that was openly negative towards Anna. Based on these posts I don't think it was this person, I hope it was not the Bunny guy, I love his Bunny posts. :unsure:

KAS
    No, not the bunny guy.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

When I first made that blueberry the lemon was barely detectable. Someone said FE Lemon didn't fade so I tried that. The lemon taste was strong but I didn't like it. For me lemon is best in the background.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    @Skeebo Thank you for the pics! I've been thinking of you and your babies. My route to work has 2 places where someone put up Turtle Crossing signs. Another day, while my husband and I were on our walk on a busy road, a pickup truck pulled to the side and a young guy, (under 30 I think), walked across the street and picked up something. As we approached, we realized he'd seen a turtle crossing the road. He took it around the fence and set it down. It was one of those things that gives you faith in other people.

@Zazie If I ever make it up to Bangor to see my sister, maybe summer 2021, I'll see if I can swing by and visit you while I'm in the neighborhood LOL. After a 4+ hr ride there, what's a little more to meet you!

On another walk, I glanced at the driver of a car waiting at a light as we crossed the street. I saw he had a mod in hand and gave him a happy smile and thumbs up. He was confused at first but then realized what I was pointing to and smiled back before he pulled away. It was nice to see a vaper in the wild, that doesn't happen often.

On my to do list - wash bottles. Sigh. I have a big collection waiting for me. I can't procrastinate much longer.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC , I have to admit something to you... a while back I mentioned adding Croissant to my Cheesecake, Well, tried it the next day and decided it was a fail. It hadn't completely mixed (in my tank) Will stick to graham cracker (and fruits of course)
    Also, I got confused about marscapone (I thought that was an almond bakery... brain fart... the heat is getting to me)
    Ya gotta learn to think before you speak. Those be big boo-boos

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    You’re not alone, I missed it to. But that’s understandable because he attempted to cause his trouble via pm.

Please - PSA here...

If you are being harassed via the Conversation System you can report the Conversation just like you would report a post.
    If it's 'just pissy stuff' that's irritating you, put them on ignore - but to no longer receive PMs from them you must leave all conversations you have with them - otherwise the system thinks it's ok.

Forum Rules

23. PM and Blog systems
    a. The Private Message (PM) and Blog systems must not be used for advertising or promotion in any form. Any Member spamming via PMs or Blogs will be banned immediately.
    b. The Private Message and Blog systems must not be used to slander, libel, or otherwise harass members or suppliers. Misuse of these systems in this manner may result in a permanent ban. If you wish to complain about a supplier, use the Reviews of Suppliers - Negative forum.
    c. Blogs must not be used in order to circumvent any ECF rule on posting. Use of the Blog system to circumvent a rule will result in the same enforcement that a forum post or reported PM would receive

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Please - PSA here...

If you are being harassed via the Conversation System you can report the Conversation just like you would report a post.
    If it's 'just pissy stuff' that's irritating you, put them on ignore - but to no longer receive PMs from them you must leave all conversations you have with them - otherwise the system thinks it's ok.

Forum Rules

23. PM and Blog systems
    a. The Private Message (PM) and Blog systems must not be used for advertising or promotion in any form. Any Member spamming via PMs or Blogs will be banned immediately.
    b. The Private Message and Blog systems must not be used to slander, libel, or otherwise harass members or suppliers. Misuse of these systems in this manner may result in a permanent ban. If you wish to complain about a supplier, use the Reviews of Suppliers - Negative forum.
    c. Blogs must not be used in order to circumvent any ECF rule on posting. Use of the Blog system to circumvent a rule will result in the same enforcement that a forum post or reported PM would receive
    Thanks,Classy girl. I’ll pass that on.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    iu
    A few feet away and you would have been a Canadian!
    I've been to Portland a couple of times and loved it.
    You're a "bit" less urban I'm guessing.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    On another walk, I glanced at the driver of a car waiting at a light as we crossed the street. I saw he had a mod in hand and gave him a happy smile and thumbs up. He was confused at first but then realized what I was pointing to and smiled back before he pulled away. It was nice to see a vaper in the wild, that doesn't happen often.
    I love those random "vaper bonding" moments. I was outside a store and a young guy did a double-take and said "nice little mod" (it was my first mod... Innokin EZ Watt that I use for carry around) I smiled and said "oh I have better ones at home" ;)
    Another time this guy said "I really need to try that"... implying he wanted to quit smoking. People finally seem to be over the "aren't you afraid that will kill you"... the bad rap from the media (bootleg thc carts) I like how you said it... " a vaper in the wild" like when you see a deer in the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread