Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just wanted to mention... no spider dreams (but I had this really interesting dream... there was this "dead" scorpion over a foot long and all of the sudden it's tail moved and was trying to stab everything... wasn't really a bad dream and overall was kinda interesting) So by the way, we moved some cabinets on the back porch... black widows (I was on a break so mom smashed them... got off easy this time) I'm really not afraid of them anymore ;)

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I just counted... only have 37 flavors (but still have lots of pre-mades that I add my own flavors too) I've only been doing DIY about a year. My first experience was adding fruit flavors to vapetasia Killer Kustard... just to find out I burned out on heavy "cloying" custard (still have half a 100 ml bottle... haven't touched it)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well. If something bad happened, I am very sorry.

So, I have been in the bowels of Tucson it's like 110 in the shade we are having a heat wave. This has been my first moment of like, not so exhausted I could not thing, trying to get set up, do things and it's been HORRIBLE. The first day I nipped all the weeks in the backyard (you need a nipper to like do it, they are as big as small trees and often have revolting things in them like funnel web nests so you have to hit the weed very very hard with the nipper in order to like make sure the spider is gone, also you find half dead birds in them. It was the worst. But the pyro me wanted to prove my worthiness and stuff, so that I could burn weeds holy goodness.

I have not had that opportunity yet but I did totally throw out my back (and even expected it) I even got a weight lifter's belt from Walmart to help with that issue. It did, but not nearly enough dude.

So yeah this afternoon has been a bit more child our contractors (whom I kind of hate, because like, well, they left my bathroom like an Elephant had taken a great big dump but I begged him to build stairs even though I SWORE to the husband they would be locked out of the house as like, they were evil, evil Men. He said I couldn't. Then our realtor was like, "Well I could send a handy man dude, only like I finally said to the husband, "You know, this is a manufactured home do they not MAKE them? As it turns out for us, rathe cheaply and efficiently and there will be no framing, just post digging (digging a post sucks, I plan to not put my best effort in AT all LET the husband do and con......g. Etc.

So , I got my job offer yesterday, Yay yay! I am very excited except recruiter dude said I could have more time and my husband pointed out, YEAH we could make it there the night before and then like, freak and spend all night unpacking and that would not be good. So, the recruiter also said I could extend it a week. Which I *SO* am going to do, because that seems ,you know, saner. Something about fixing up my very own house brings out the nut in me. Like this a.m. (I have not been pulling my weight in the am,, really) I spent all morning cleaning the washer, dryer and then anything washable including the inside and outside doors . It was not good.

But the place is starting to look okay the dang husband finished painting the outside, so that's cool. I think some trash junk hauling would be in order but I guess you do that last. Things are getting clean. Job offer moving forward. I would say I would be on her more but the husband gave me special dispensation to do yoga and I was like, "Dude, you need to dispense me in an hour I mean ibuprofen must be taken, tens unit must be used.

I loathe all this stuff, but husband was like happy with my fixing of the steps situation and he is laying down so HEY. I think between us we will get this done in 10 days OMG I Hope in 10 days.

I may or may not be on here, I make no claims. I have so much to do and my normal morning so far is spent groaning and trying to toughen up, as well as stretch and drink enough coffee to be like, remotely sane.

I'm gonna go easy on the yoga. Possibly. I think the husband may have fallen asleep from relief from the step situation. Okay, so I gotta pour concrete. That's cool. At least I am not framing and measuring crap. Also ,relief on the job front so yay!

Happy happy etc .Hope you guys are faring okay. I may read back a few pages. LOL

Later,

Anna

Congratulations on the job!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just counted... only have 37 flavors (but still have lots of pre-mades that I add my own flavors too) I've only been doing DIY about a year. My first experience was adding fruit flavors to Vapetasia Killer Kustard... just to find out I burned out on heavy "cloying" custard (still have half a 100 ml bottle... haven't touched it)
    New mixes should be made in small bottles

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

That's what I keep telling myself, but I never listen. Sometimes I do a 10ml batch in a 15ml dropper bottle if it's something new. But I mix with graduated cylinders. Do the flavors in a small 10ml cylinder. That doesn't work for small quantities so I have to dig out the 1ml syringes. I try to avoid that and move up to 25mls or 50mls as soon as I can. Doing it that way does mean it takes a long time to get a recipe sorted out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's what I keep telling myself, but I never listen. Sometimes I do a 10ml batch in a 15ml dropper bottle if it's something new. But I mix with graduated cylinders. Do the flavors in a small 10ml cylinder. That doesn't work for small quantities so I have to dig out the 1ml syringes. I try to avoid that and move up to 25mls or 50mls as soon as I can. Doing it that way does mean it takes a long time to get a recipe sorted out.
    You could get a scale

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I agree! In my opinion, scales are the way to go. I started with bill’s 100 drop test which isn’t accurate unless all your bottles are the same. I moved on to syringes but that was a pita and made me not want to mix. After I got a scale, I wished I had started with that in the beginning.

I had to mow and spray for weeds and bugs tonight. I just got a shower and am too tired to mess with the armour pro tonight. I am curious to try the cascade mini tank. Hopefully it will fit the Gt ccell coils I have.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    You could get a scale

I do have some scales, got them for weighing menthol crystals. I only tried mixing juice with them once and it didn't go well. A lot of my flavors are in regular bottles without a dripper top. It's hard to accurately pour out really small quantities from them. If you overshoot with a cylinder you can pour some back in the bottle but if you are pouring directly into a mix you are screwed. Probably would have got the hang of it if I had persevered. Lots of people do it so there must be a way to make it work.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do have some scales, got them for weighing menthol crystals. I only tried mixing juice with them once and it didn't go well. A lot of my flavors are in regular bottles without a dripper top. It's hard to accurately pour out really small quantities from them. If you overshoot with a cylinder you can pour some back in the bottle but if you are pouring directly into a mix you are screwed. Probably would have got the hang of it if I had persevered. Lots of people do it so there must be a way to make it work.
    I have some capped bottles.I just use a bottle dropper.I would never try pouring

Boudica

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Auckland. New Zealand
    Happy Friday Errbody! It's a happy day here... This is my very first ever Ornate Diamondback hatchling.... I am ecstatic for this one.
    107605881_2856600467782150_5810357032136279392_n.jpg

The one in my avatar/profile pic to the left is the mother.

Small but perfectly formed, how gorgeous!:wub:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I have some capped bottles.I just use a bottle dropper.I would never try pouring

The flavors I've got recently all come in plastic bottles with dripper tops of one type or another. Some of my old flavors from WL are in regular 120ml glass bottles, or tall thin plastic bottles. It would take something pretty long to get to the bottom of those bottles. It's hard with a syringe when they get low. Guess I could transfer those flavors to dropper bottles. I should try the scales again some time. I'm stuck in my ways though.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The flavors I've got recently all come in plastic bottles with dripper tops of one type or another. Some of my old flavors from WL are in regular 120ml glass bottles, or tall thin plastic bottles. It would take something pretty long to get to the bottom of those bottles. It's hard with a syringe when they get low. Guess I could transfer those flavors to dropper bottles. I should try the scales again some time. I'm stuck in my ways though.
    Don’t give up. I was stuck in my ways too. Took me a long time to get a scale and I wished I did it a lot sooner

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

You could fill some 10ml bottles to use for mixing. When I mix a trinity or buy bigger bottles, I just fill 10ml bottles with dropper tips to use for mixing.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I’ve got to cut grass tomorrow and I dread it. Three hours of hell.

I love using syringes as you all know. I line up all my flavors with caps off. Take plunger out of syringe and put my finger over the end. Squeeze proper amount, one flavor on top of the other, then plunge into my bottle. I use a 60 ml syringe and it has a wide diameter. So easy.

Those long 4 oz bottles from WL have dropper tops you can buy separately. I have many 4 oz bottles that have them. I really love those. Twist to open and squeeze away. Twist Top Caps - 5 Pack

Last edited:

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I’ve got to cut grass tomorrow and I dread it. Three hours of hell.

I love using syringes as you all know. I line up all my flavors with caps off. Take plunger out of syringe and put my finger over the end. Squeeze proper amount, one flavor on top of the other, then plunge into my bottle. I use a 60 ml syringe and it has a wide diameter. So easy.

Those long 4 oz bottles from WL have dropper tops you can buy separately. I have many 4 oz bottles that have them. I really love those. Twist to open and squeeze away. Twist Top Caps - 5 Pack
    I'm a syringe user as well. I use syringes at work for numerous meds. I mix 100mL at a time. I use 3mL or smaller syringes since I use super concentrates mostly.

Congrats to @stols001 on the job offer! It must be a relief to know!

My covid test was negative but I might be getting a full 14 day vacation due to symptoms.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    No... the 100 ml bottle was the pre-made custard... I made small 10 ml batches that I added my own fruit flavors to (had not learned to make my own base with nic/VG/PG yet) It was fun and got me interested in DIY, just got sick of that strong pre-made custard.

Users who are viewing this thread