Random DIY mixing and More

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Please check this out and let me know what you think. I am clueless!

Thai Coconut Ice Cream Amped
9bf5b385e1b458fdafb718f0c43ffe54
- by Just Wondering, today, at 17:02

Ingredient
ml
Grams
%

Nicotine juice 100 mg (100% PG)

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

Caramel (FA)

Coconut (Coco, Cocco) (FA)

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Totals
Looks like reinventing maths when I look at totals. There are definitely mistakes in this recipe, regardless of what the 3 values represent

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Oh the black licorice is a success, simple recipe, but got what I wanted, has that tang black licorice should have, but it is smooth and creamy, which is what I was aiming for, it's great fresh, wonder if will get even better as it steeps, I know most don't like black licorice, but think it is good enough to share anyway :)

View attachment 896019

I like to eat black licorice. I’ll have to give your recipe a try.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I like to eat black licorice. I’ll have to give your recipe a try.

Me too, love to eat and vape it, I'm a Brit, and black licorice is more common and enjoyed there than the states, most people I meet here, go yuk when bring up black licorice.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    So because I’m irritated with my fiddly but flavor banging RTA’s I’ve started trying out rda’s on squonks. Flavor is not the same. Do I have to mix differently even tho the ohms are roughly the same?
    I'd say, from my limited experience- it depends on the tank you use. My berserker mini RDA- I'm not too keen on. Flavor with the factory drip tip- meh. I used different drip tips with it and some improved the flavor. On the other hand, my Berserker mini RTA is a great flavor tank if you like restricted MTL. But then again, got the Wismec tobinho RDA recommended by someone here and the flavor on that RDA just beats everything else I used so far (ignoring all flaws of that tank I've experienced so far, just concentrating on flavor).

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hearing Black Licorice tends to make me sad. My bf loved it and he died in a motorcycle accident last year about 5 months after I lost hubs. I used to get BF a big bag of Black Licorice jelly beans every year for Christmas. I don't care for it myself.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hearing Black Licorice tends to make me sad. My bf loved it and he died in a motorcycle accident last year about 5 months after I lost hubs. I used to get BF a big bag of Black Licorice jelly beans every year for Christmas. I don't care for it myself.

Sorry @FranC for bringing up bad memories for you :cry:

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Me too, love to eat and vape it, I'm a Brit, and black licorice is more common and enjoyed there than the states, most people I meet here, go yuk when bring up black licorice.
    Not a brit but I live in UK man (Scotland). I wasn't going to mention it but my inspiration came from a juice called Black Tobacco by company elite- my personal favourite tobacco juice. Maybe you came across it. Been trying to recreate it for a while now

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Really sorry for your double loss...

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    So because I’m irritated with my fiddly but flavor banging RTA’s I’ve started trying out RDA’s on squonks. Flavor is not the same. Do I have to mix differently even tho the ohms are roughly the same?
    What RDA's have you tried? From all my extensive reading and brief experience with Tobinho, airflow+ design seem to be the two things that play crucial role with regards to flavor you receive. You want bottom airflow, small chamber, and low profile. Oh yeah and drip tip is also very important from my experience, and that applies to every tank I own

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Triple. The loss of my 17 year old cat. I sure was hoping 2020 would be a better year but that sure ain't happened with the damn virus.
    The cat- 17 years for a cat is a great achievement! You should be proud rather than sad. 17 years means you took a great care of it. I guess attitude when buying animals helps, every time i bought an animal, since my young age, I always considered how long will it live. My favorite fish died recently, had that male for 6.5 years. Life expectancy for these species is 2-5 years. I was proud when it died, I knew I gave him the best possible conditions I possibly could

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The cat- 17 years for a cat is a great achievement! You should be proud rather than sad. 17 years means you took a great care of it. I guess attitude when buying animals helps, every time i bought an animal, since my young age, I always considered how long will it live. My favorite fish died recently, had that male for 6.5 years. Life expectancy for these species is 2-5 years. I was proud when it died, I knew I gave him the best possible conditions I possibly could
    Thank you for that. I did give him a good life. He was a happy cat :)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    The cat- 17 years for a cat is a great achievement! You should be proud rather than sad. 17 years means you took a great care of it
    Our cat (that lived over 15 years) lived a good life (including 10 years in the mountains chasing critters and getting "treed" by coyotes) I miss him so much but it's all good.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    So I finally tried mixing with my scale... so freaking easy! Three small SFTs in about 10 minutes (I had the base pre-mixed) It's a nice scale (from Liquid Barn) maybe a bit overpriced but came with five 60 ml bottles too. Nice quality, uses 4 AA batteries and also comes with a power adapter and a plastic bowel:thumb: Will try my SFTs later tonight. My next mixing project is my tobacco mix... 5 flavors and even though I have done them all individually, I'm not sure what % to use (I'm thinking half and then dilute the final mix as needed) I pre-mix my base so easier to dilute then add more flavors.
    If anyone is interested it's
    (FA) Soho
    (HS) USA mix
    (PUR) Sweet tobacco
    (PUR) Creamy caramel
    (VT) Vanilla cream
    The last two are because I need a good RY4 but don't have one

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    So I finally tried mixing with my scale... so freaking easy! Three small SFTs in about 10 minutes (I had the base pre-mixed) It's a nice scale (from Liquid Barn) maybe a bit overpriced but came with five 60 ml bottles too. Nice quality, uses 4 AA batteries and also comes with a power adapter and a plastic bowel:thumb: Will try my SFTs later tonight. My next mixing project is my tobacco mix... 5 flavors and even though I have done them all individually, I'm not sure what % to use (I'm thinking half and then dilute the final mix as needed) I pre-mix my base so easier to dilute then add more flavors.
    If anyone is interested it's
    (FA) Soho
    (HS) USA mix
    (PUR) Sweet tobacco
    (PUR) Creamy caramel
    (VT) Vanilla cream
    The last two are because I need a good RY4 but don't have one

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I used mine for the first time a few days ago. Mixed a couple of 10ml bottles of Water-Malone and blue razz. I agree that it was super easy and quick. Very nice scale. Excited to start mixing more when my BCF order gets to me.
    What did you do for blue razz?

Reactions: FranC

Users who are viewing this thread