Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m not really counting. Just when I go into my stash in elr it tells me how many on my list.
    I don’t have all my flavors in ELR. I have around 10 flavor additives not counted and a box of around 50 vendor tobaccos not counted either.

Reactions: stols001

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I’m able to put three 10ml bottles in each slot of my cases so I’m attempting to use any available space for ones I haven’t put away yet. I already have four polish cases and two stack on cases and don’t really want to add more.

Just send them my way, I still have some spaces :)

Nail polish cases? Is that pretty convenient to store flavoring in? Because now that I got a bunch in the mail, I am realizing that I never really considered where to store it all.

These, or similar:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4498BN/?coliid=IP1DVG6N9LKHK&colid=25O49FW66CXQR&psc=1

Just make up your own index system, i.e. Box 1, Side 1, slot 1, etc. Then a spreadsheet or table to track what flavor is in what slot. I use a spreadsheet (Libre Office) and a hard copy with the cases. Makes it really easy to find, and nice compact storage.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Just send them my way, I still have some spaces :)

These, or similar:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4498BN/?coliid=IP1DVG6N9LKHK&colid=25O49FW66CXQR&psc=1

Just make up your own index system, i.e. Box 1, Side 1, slot 1, etc. Then a spreadsheet or table to track what flavor is in what slot. I use a spreadsheet (Libre Office) and a hard copy with the cases. Makes it really easy to find, and nice compact storage.
    That's a good idea. I like the spreadsheet idea, especially when I start getting more and more flavors. Sure beats my original plan (old shoe box).

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Everyone’s taste buds are different. Sounds like yours are a bit better than mine.
    Yes, they are different, but no they aren't better.
    I've noticed on this thread and just in general that some people taste some flavors and other people just don't taste them at all.
    And that what we taste will change over time. I know it's true for me. So much of this is just a bunch of chemicals. It's hard to say why we taste what we do and why that changes over time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, they are different, but no they aren't better.
    I've noticed on this thread and just in general that some people taste some flavors and other people just don't taste them at all.
    And that what we taste will change over time. I know it's true for me. So much of this is just a bunch of chemicals. It's hard to say why we taste what we do and why that changes over time.
    Yup, that about sums it up.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I swear I have a gremlin .... keep losing flavorings....and there's no way I could have lost them....I hardly use them so they stay in my toolbox storage...but went to look today and they're nowhere to be found....searched all my flavorings and nope....today it's my acai berry, the other day it was my licorice, before that it was cookies and cream and hazelnut...ect....
    they just seem to get up and walk away

maybe one day I'll find them with where ever that missing sock runs off too

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I have been posting daily, and sometimes I have a hard time keeping up! Step away one day, and theres 500 new posts lol
    That's a good thing... very popular thread (and many people realizing DIY is going to be the way to go... like it or not)
    And of course, the "random" discussion is always interesting ;)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I disagree with that, as far as using "one shots". There are quite a few of us who've been DIYing for several years, who still regularly use some specific "one shots", because we love them. OSDIY has several I won't be without in my flavoring stash.
    I think you misunderstood my comment... I actually have two new one-shots mixed and I've been mixing for almost a year. I wasn't "dissin" them, just meant it's a great way to start with DIY... if you like some of them then why not continue to use them :thumb:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Well, if you ever reach the end of your quest and find the perfect blueberry, please let me know. I am not sure why it seems to be such a hard flavor to get right. I have some TFA Wild Blueberry coming with my order from BCF. No idea what to expect.
    Blueberry, strawberry, apple, ect. (seems the solution is to find that perfect combination of flavors... many fruit flavors are like that) And just forget cherry... no one has figured that one out.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I am normally not a menthol fan, but it does go well with fruit e juice on occassion. There was one I used to buy a lot from Northland Vapor that was watermelon, honeydew, and a splash of menthol. It was really good until they screwed with the recipe. I could see it being a good compliment to a blueberry based juice.
    I haven't tried menthol (but did enjoy Butter Mint with several fruits... especially honeydew melon) I've also never tried it with my tobacco mix... might be time to try something new ;)

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I haven't tried menthol (but did enjoy Butter Mint with several fruits... especially honeydew melon) I've also never tried it with my tobacco mix... might be time to try something new ;)
    I don't even know what butter mint is. But I do like honeydew.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Down the rabbit hole you go!
    Just don't go down upside-down ;)
    upload_2020-7-13_20-39-36.png

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It's so hot here it is unreal, 112 yesterday and 115 in North Las Vegas. I simply do not go out and pray the AC stays on.
    Holy crap dude (I've been outside most of the day but only 100 degrees F) I will pray for the AC gods to bless you.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    No...must...resist....rabbit....hole...!

Just, you know fall in slowly.... No one amassed 500 flavors overnight not unless they had a DIY relative gift them in the will. It takes time to figure out what goes with what anyway and if you add in strength, different amounts of flavor, well in theory about 100 flavors could keep you happy AND write the Chronicles of COVID part II for you. I mean it's a theoretically infinite combination.

Vaperer, I think it was you? Rush Limbaugh is STILL going he still sounds pretty annoying and if it's any consolation he is on round 3 of chemo (I mean I wish no ill but for someone who yelled that much and smoked that many cigars, it does seem a bit fitting. Last I heard he was on wife number 5, and he met her online dating. To be fair, if I were Rush I'd probably want to reveal my identity slowly over time..... No, not for the money thing or what not more because he was like, a power hungry goof who enjoyed like, the slow reveal. I bet the first phone call he used a voice modulator like criminals do. I have a feeling if I were married to Rush I'd be like, "You know, there is this sort of well thing you can do where you have a harem and you marry like, ALL of them and I only have to deal with you one evening a month,

But no, he seemed to like the whole serial monogamy thing, I guess. The husband (once *I* was similarly entrapped) would come home every day after I was busy do good social working and like quote Rush at me. That went on for about a month until I informed him I did not MARRY Rush but I was at least gonna get the servants and money if I like had to argue endlessly and like whatever. Fun fact Rush Limbaugh is also deaf, and no, not from the sound of his own voice he got hooked on some opiate for some pain thing, and opiates can make you super deaf. He had to admit he went to rehab and stuff and that addicts were not all "the weak, sinful people he thought at least not all of them," LOL.

I like the spreadsheet idea, especially

I'm sorry, NO ONE says that not even the inventor of whatever Excel first was ,not ever, not unless they are about to DIVE into the flavor hole . Slow down, make sure you keep a good hold on your wallet! Oy!

Man I am fried. Bed soon, but I worked SO HARD TODAY I was rewarded with the husband telling me ALL about like, the burning the weeds and HOLY Goodness the way it sounds like he does it, it sounds SUPER exciting but ALSO like it could entirely, rapidly and swiftly turn into "inadvertent arson." I mean anything that involves "gauging the wind from its direction an speed" and then "Watering down the neighbor's yard ,then your "burn end," where if it gets out of hand you have something already burned....

I am almost afraid I don't want to do it. Not because it does not sound awesome IT SO DOES but because burning the husband's respect means I ache all over and he is talking about rising at 5 am like, to do it. I am a PYRO sure, but a 5 am pyro? IDK about that.

But yes, I feel like I am going to die, complications have arisen and I am SO GLAD I only packed so many med boxes. At some point, we have to go. Or I will commit DELIBERATE arson and that's no good .So I hear. I feel like it could be good and bad in kind of different ways

Night, flavorers.

And soon to be flavor monsters.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I swear I have a gremlin .... keep losing flavorings....and there's no way I could have lost them....I hardly use them so they stay in my toolbox storage...but went to look today and they're nowhere to be found....searched all my flavorings and nope....today it's my acai berry, the other day it was my licorice, before that it was cookies and cream and hazelnut...ect....
    they just seem to get up and walk away

maybe one day I'll find them with where ever that missing sock runs off too
    Are you by any chance,forgetful?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just, you know fall in slowly.... No one amassed 500 flavors overnight not unless they had a DIY relative gift them in the will. It takes time to figure out what goes with what anyway and if you add in strength, different amounts of flavor, well in theory about 100 flavors could keep you happy AND write the Chronicles of COVID part II for you. I mean it's a theoretically infinite combination.

Vaperer, I think it was you? Rush Limbaugh is STILL going he still sounds pretty annoying and if it's any consolation he is on round 3 of chemo (I mean I wish no ill but for someone who yelled that much and smoked that many cigars, it does seem a bit fitting. Last I heard he was on wife number 5, and he met her online dating. To be fair, if I were Rush I'd probably want to reveal my identity slowly over time..... No, not for the money thing or what not more because he was like, a power hungry goof who enjoyed like, the slow reveal. I bet the first phone call he used a voice modulator like criminals do. I have a feeling if I were married to Rush I'd be like, "You know, there is this sort of well thing you can do where you have a harem and you marry like, ALL of them and I only have to deal with you one evening a month,

But no, he seemed to like the whole serial monogamy thing, I guess. The husband (once *I* was similarly entrapped) would come home every day after I was busy do good social working and like quote Rush at me. That went on for about a month until I informed him I did not MARRY Rush but I was at least gonna get the servants and money if I like had to argue endlessly and like whatever. Fun fact Rush Limbaugh is also deaf, and no, not from the sound of his own voice he got hooked on some opiate for some pain thing, and opiates can make you super deaf. He had to admit he went to rehab and stuff and that addicts were not all "the weak, sinful people he thought at least not all of them," LOL.

I'm sorry, NO ONE says that not even the inventor of whatever Excel first was ,not ever, not unless they are about to DIVE into the flavor hole . Slow down, make sure you keep a good hold on your wallet! Oy!

Man I am fried. Bed soon, but I worked SO HARD TODAY I was rewarded with the husband telling me ALL about like, the burning the weeds and HOLY Goodness the way it sounds like he does it, it sounds SUPER exciting but ALSO like it could entirely, rapidly and swiftly turn into "inadvertent arson." I mean anything that involves "gauging the wind from its direction an speed" and then "Watering down the neighbor's yard ,then your "burn end," where if it gets out of hand you have something already burned....

I am almost afraid I don't want to do it. Not because it does not sound awesome IT SO DOES but because burning the husband's respect means I ache all over and he is talking about rising at 5 am like, to do it. I am a PYRO sure, but a 5 am pyro? IDK about that.

But yes, I feel like I am going to die, complications have arisen and I am SO GLAD I only packed so many med boxes. At some point, we have to go. Or I will commit DELIBERATE arson and that's no good .So I hear. I feel like it could be good and bad in kind of different ways

Night, flavorers.

And soon to be flavor monsters.

Anna
    Down to 3 days?

• Optimistic

Users who are viewing this thread