Random DIY mixing and More

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Good morning random folks ;) Have you any plans today?
We planned to go lift our nets today, but it was one and then done. Current ripping a million miles per hour. It was only two of us, one guy is on vacation, so it was incredibly difficult and not much fish.. so not worth it. So we're blaming him :D

Reactions: misswish1

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We planned to go lift our nets today, but it was one and then done. Current ripping a million miles per hour. It was only two of us, one guy is on vacation, so it was incredibly difficult and not much fish.. so not worth it. So we're blaming him :D
    Sounds reasonable :lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm back to work. The three days off seemed more like a week. I have to say that I'm less than excited to be back. I'm going to look and see if I can't find my motivation somewhere.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm back to work. The three days off seemed more like a week. I have to say that I'm less than excited to be back. I'm going to look and see if I can't find my motivation somewhere.
    Hope you find some or it's gonna be a very long week.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all. No heat wave here, but a warming trend. Then again, low 80s here feels pretty toasty. 80%+ humidity can do that.

Hmm, plans....

fm200714.gif

Reactions: rosesense

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I think you misunderstood my comment

No...I didn't. I disagreed with exactly what you wrote below about using "one-shots". Doesn't mean you're wrong...just means I disgree with it. Lots of people disagree with, or have different opinions about, what someone else has posted. (ie. what a specific flavoring tastes like, or which variation of a flavoring to use in a recipe, or measuring methods, vendors to buy from, etc.) Doesn't mean anyone is "wrong" or misunderstood. :)

It's mostly a way for newbies to DIY to have an easy way to get started.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    One shots are easy, but for me most are way too sweet. I have 23 one shots, 12 were won in a contest, a few are ok but mostly they aren't for me.
    I find that the simple recipes are more to my liking.
    My mixing mantra is K.I.S.S.
    100% agree :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ok, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things at work. I'm not looking forward to the next week or two if the forecast is correct. We are supposed to see several days of 95+ degree days with almost no rain.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things at work. I'm not looking forward to the next week or two if the forecast is correct. We are supposed to see several days of 95+ degree days with almost no rain.
    Looks like we're getting 3-4 cooler 70's days before the 90's are back again. The amount of very hot weather we've had already is just not normal for here.

The day of the wedding was oppressive with a dew point of 72. Was very glad the reception was inside in the coolness.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mix KISS. I have tried the 8 plus eliquid recipes and it was a big fail for me. 4 to 5 flavors max for me. I would love a one shot if I liked it. So far I haven't found it.

I go back to work tomorrow.
    I like few flavors also and so glad I finally can write my own recipes. Every one shot I've tried has been way too sweet for me with the exception of Chef's Rhubard Custard. So simple I just mix my own now.

Stay safe at work.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I like few flavors also and so glad I finally can write my own recipes. Every one shot I've tried has been way too sweet for me with the exception of Chef's Rhubard Custard. So simple I just mix my own now.

Stay safe at work.
    Thanks! I will try considering its long term care/rehab. I agree with the overly sweet aspect of one shots. I do use some Flavorah tobaccos as one shots. It's good enough for me. I do try to mix some liquid for family members.

Users who are viewing this thread