Random DIY mixing and More

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have soho-fa-I mix it at only 2%, like my tobaccos mild.
Haven't tried-flv-sweet and smokey
I just got Gold Ducat-inw-that I'll be trying soon.

Have you tried FA 7 Leaves or Maxx Blend? I don't often vape tobacco flavors anymore, but those two are mild and inoffensive.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Good morning, Bark. I have been up since 4:30 so I dunno.
I don't even know why I bother to set an alarm. I wake up like clockwork :D at 5 every day with no alarm, and I wake up at 3:40 (before my alarm, gosh darnit I need those 5 minutes! :-x) on boat days.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I don't even know why I bother to set an alarm. I wake up like clockwork :D at 5 every day with no alarm, and I wake up at 3:40 (before my alarm, gosh darnit I need those 5 minutes! :-x) on boat days.
I'm right there with you. I never need to set an alarm. I always wake up either right on time, or early. I always set one just in case, but it is never needed. Of course, right now I am working from home most days and have mostly my own hours. But I still tend to get up super early.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I was just looking out the window thinking that I should have gone outside at 5 while it is not blazing hot to do some yard work.
That was me on Sunday. I started working in the backyard digging holes and planting stuff at 5:30 in the morning. Was done by 9, or so. It was still humid and hot, but much more bearable early morning.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well, my bcf and amazon orders are finally rescheduled for delivery today. They were originally scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure why but they sat at the local regional facility for four days. That never usually happens.

I ended up having a pretty decent day at work yesterday. I think I've still got plenty of work for today so hopefully it will go well. I still can't believe we had to buy another MacBook for my daughter. Between replacing the ac and furnace, tires on her car, and now this, I'm feeling pretty financially exhausted. I just have to keep on thinking that we have three more years to go until she's finished with college and hopefully we'll catch a break then.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, my bcf and amazon orders are finally rescheduled for delivery today. They were originally scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure why but they sat at the local regional facility for four days. That never usually happens.

I ended up having a pretty decent day at work yesterday. I think I've still got plenty of work for today so hopefully it will go well. I still can't believe we had to buy another MacBook for my daughter. Between replacing the ac and furnace, tires on her car, and now this, I'm feeling pretty financially exhausted. I just have to keep on thinking that we have three more years to go until she's finished with college and hopefully we'll catch a break then.
    Hoping you do.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    My plans are to find my mojo/gumption today to continue on with the 8th raised bed. Giant slabs of concrete are in the way and hindering my process, and my raised bed building/gardening momentum plummeted.. that and I think just the sheer amount of work I've been putting in day in day out dawn til dusk maybe caught up to me. On the side of my house is a 2 track driveway of concrete slabs with pavers on top. The pavers are easy enough to pry up or chisel apart, but I'm not even sure how thick these slabs are. I'm going to buy a 20 lb sledge hammer and go to town with these things, or I'll have to hire someone.. which I'd rather not do. I'm all about DIY when possible to save money, and because it's really hard to find a reasonable handyman/contractor who cares about doing a great job as much as you do. They want to just get in get out get paid, slap it up call it good and move on.

The best workers, in every facet, I've ever hired were the Amish to put on a new metal roof and 4 skylights. Bing bang boom, done and it was a great job.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My plans are to find my mojo/gumption today to continue on with the 8th raised bed. Giant slabs of concrete are in the way and hindering my process, and my raised bed building/gardening momentum plummeted.. that and I think just the sheer amount of work I've been putting in day in day out dawn til dusk maybe caught up to me. On the side of my house is a 2 track driveway of concrete slabs with pavers on top. The pavers are easy enough to pry up or chisel apart, but I'm not even sure how thick these slabs are. I'm going to buy a 20 lb sledge hammer and go to town with these things, or I'll have to hire someone.. which I'd rather not do. I'm all about DIY when possible to save money, and because it's really hard to find a reasonable handyman/contractor who cares about doing a great job as much as you do. They want to just get in get out get paid, slap it up call it good and move on.

The best workers, in every facet, I've ever hired were the Amish to put on a new metal roof and 4 skylights. Bing bang boom, done and it was a great job.
    Well if you don't feel up to it maybe you can find an Amish contractor.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Thanks, @Zazie for tagging me in the post. This is the 2nd or 3rd of Wayne's Cuprian versions because of some changes in the formulations of some flavors. I haven't mixed this in some time since my son stopped vaping and he liked Cuprian. Looking at the recipe now, I honestly believe there are better choices for some of the flavors. Cuprian is an old recipe and some of the newer flavor makers have upped their game on things like VBIC (or even French Vanilla Ice Cream) and Chocolate. I personally like TFA Creme de Menthe but FW is fine. I need to look at flavor notes to remind myself of what I think I might be better than these and will try to get around to that tomorrow. Personally, if I were to mix it today, I would change the VBIC and the Chocolate.

This is what I posted sometime back:
    CUPRIAN
    Creme de Menthe (FW) 2% - TFA's Creme de Menthe is also good. FLV's has too much chocolate and some coffee notes.
    Marshmallow (TPA) 2% - your favorite marshmallow brand is fine (I use FA)
    Meringue (TPA) 0.5% - your favorite meringue brand is fine
    Milk Chocolate (TPA) 2% - Wayne originally used JF Milk Chocolate and they changed the formula, so he recommended TFA. Your favorite chocolate would be fine - lots of people LOVE VTA's and many also love MB's Glamour Chocolate
    Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) 1.5% (your favorite sweetener - cut it to .75 if you use CAP Super Sweet)
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 3%

I haven't been around because life is SO hectic at my house. It isn't because I don't still love you all.
    Thank you for this! I really want to try this recipe. I need to get TFA creme de menthe and it's on my wishlist.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012

Mom and I joke that my son will never move out. He is such a Momma's boy. Probably happened because I was over-protective being the only parent in his life and him being an only child. I did good though...he is such a kind-hearted human being and just a good citizen all the way around. He's pretty cool. Kids are not cheap though that's for sure. I just hope he gets a good job and at least moves in that direction of financial freedom from me.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I took some time to clean up my gmail this morning. Man, it'll get away from you quickly if not maintained. I need to unsubscribe from a ton of vape stores. I do it but then I order something else and here we go again. And I'm not sure unsubscribe works all the time.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers, and happy hump day :)

Sunny and hot (relatively, for us) today, yesterday wasn't too bad, and supposed to cool back down a bit tomorrow.

1852078.gif

Hmm, something about 9 lives... ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I don't know if you have a place around there that rents them but maybe you could rent a jackhammer. It would make much quicker work of that concrete. Either that or a concrete saw where you could cut it into more manageable pieces?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Good morning mixologists. I am waking up...slowly but I did wake up at 6:30 am. I have decided to NOT feel guilty about waking up because I have this witching hour like, after dinner when it is late dusk, not as hot, and well, I go out in the heat and do stuff anyway.

Take extra care with the gum/gland thing. Ouch!

The gland is much better since stabbing my offending gum with bleach and well, taking a bunch of Advil, with the added bonus of my back hurting less (for some reason I view Advil as a personal sin or failing but in these cases you just get to take it every 4 hours. I think I can fix it if I keep going.

Oooh, last night after dinner I exchanged my propane tank and got burning again. It was really excellent because I burned until after dark (until my husband begged me to stop essentially, LOL.) I made the rookie mistake of like not making sure the ground was cool before moving my propane tank over it but my husband explained that was BAD.

Really I am doing fine. I am hoping to finish today so I can help the husband with the steps. Holy God that is going to suck. But so far, all is quiet on the Tucson Front. The husband ALSO appears to need a leisurely awakening. More coffee man.

Need to put sunblock on my forearms. I bought the longest sleeve white light weight white shirt I could find for outdoors but could only find 3/4 length. I have band of like, sunburn on my arms.

This will not stop me from eradicating every vile thing in the yard with FIRE! TODAY!

If i was the husband I would be calling Mobile Home outlet to demand when the steps are coming but I don't dare bring it up yet. Plus, it is not ilke I do not have stuff to burn.:D

We have Jehovah's Witnesses up the road I wonder if we could "hire" them to do our steps by calling and saying we need to be saved and letting them do the "saving" as they assist us with the steps. IDK. Seems kind of exploitative but COME on it's the Jehovah's witnesses it might save some poor woman getting an abortion for being heckled

Maybe we could get TEN of them. We could tell them we are Satan Worshippers. LOL.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread