The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There is certainly nothing wrong with level and near perfect but it sure can be a lot of work.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good morning mixers.

• Like Like x 9
  3. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Good Morning Mixers. Stopping to by to inform friends I have successfully extracted 14 tobacco flavors this year. Probably close to a full liter of NET extractions, which is far more than I can use.
    If anyone is interested in trying out a few real tobacco flavors, "Meet me in the Alley". ;)

• Like Like x 12
  4. Redbird11

Redbird11 Ultra Member

May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Sure. That sounds safe. I think I saw your van on the news.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Redbird11

Redbird11 Ultra Member

May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    But seriously, that is pretty cool. That sounds like quite the process to undertake. I'm glad it worked out for you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My usual not too sweet ones would be wonderful :wub:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hittman

Supporting member
    I’ve liked everything I’ve tried from him. The midtown chestnut is fantastic!

• Like Like x 7
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have too :)

• Like Like x 5
  9. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Happy Saturday, mixers.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Buried treasure found! Fraim Slaymaker padlock from the 1920s
    20200718_095242.jpg

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Happy Saturday! Too hot here...just sweltering.

I received news that when we go back to work we can only have 50% capacity in the building. Which means it will be a combination of working from home and working in the office. Schedule to be shared soon. No return date yet, but I have a feeling it will be within the next month or so. Going back is going to be hard after four months at home. Wow...never thought it would be this long. But I loved it.

I finished cleaning my fridge and now Mom wants me to help do hers. o_O

No mixing since I made all that juice the other day. Nothing to see here. :)

• Like Like x 11
  13. hittman

Supporting member
    I wish I could work from home. I know I’d get more done and not have to deal with some of the idiots at work. Even better yet, make the others work from home and I’ll keep going in. I get tired of them transferring calls to me that they should be able to handle without my help.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Good morning mixologists!

I am in Douglas and the whys and wherefores of that are lengthy and horrible. I am glad I came, I have had some time away from the husband which is AWESOME. I swear, when PTSD'd up the husband is such a man child and he is IMPOSSIBLE. He had this total meltdown when I moved his things from the countertop (I asked if I could I was getting the BUCKETS of sawdust the contractors decided to leave us with to enjoy in the cabinets and he SAID it was all fine but then it was all "out of order" and things got ugly.

If I hear the phrase "I have worked on this home 3 times" one more time I am going to say, a) I didn't burn it down, b) I didn't flood it and EVEN gave you dire warnings my real estate runes were saying "IF you don't get that house on the market soon BAD things will happen," like 70 times c)If you hate it so much you could have gotten a job like oh ANY time in the past seven years and paid someone to do it.

I finally looked at him and was like, "Do you behave like this when I'm not here? With the meltdowns and all that?" He was like, "Yep."

It's really because the Tuesday deadline is approaching, husband hates deadlines. I just finally looked a him and I was like, ."Okay I am going to take ALL the trash we have amassed and like, take it to Douglas, spend the night, get my medbox and all the important mail and then return tomorrow.

Believe me when I say I am in NO RUSH. I mean I will get there, maybe about 2 when I feel like it, but I mainly did this because I was like, "Crap ,my beautiful house, I need to make sure things are okay and the husband actually gets done.

He though I was leaving because I couldn't stand to be around apparently. I was like, "No you twit I was solving the trash problem (yeah it was kinda gross, kept the AC on) and like going to get more STUFF so I can complete more back breaking labor with YOU because it is SO FUN. I was like,. I have seen these meltdowns before and I do get it so just chill Mr. everything is about me.

Gah. I'm gonna take my time. I have all the time in the world. Because all he did after I left was sleep and eat. He probably needed too but I still have a resentment. Oh well, gonna wake ups soonish here and get going to Walmart for a few things including food.

I can last until Tuesday barely but today gonna be CHILL.
    Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    so I was being lazy last night....need to mix some juice because i'm almost out
    ug i really need to do some batches today....
    but didn't want to drag out everything....
    so decided I'd just use whatever was in my little toolbox and create something out of it...
    I've got enough variety in there to do something with....it's mostly fruits that I don't use that much (or new things I haven't tried), candy base types, chocolates that I am not happy with, handful of backup bigger bottles of things I use often, odds and ends and all my little vials of crazy flavors (Worcestershire, Jalapeno, Capsicum, Blue Cheese, ect) .....

I was thinking of trying to do a candy type vape, I may still do a few today....
    but as I was digging through, forgot I had a big bottle of peanut butter....
    you know what...alright let's do it.... chocolate peanut butter cheesecake
    for a first run, it's not bad...i really should let it steep but nope....

Lorann Cheesecake 4%
    TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2%
    TFA Peanut Butter 3%
    TFA Chocolate 2%
    (I'm not sure I think this is TFA, it says signature on the bottle but in my calculator I have it as TFA) DX Milk Chocolate 1%

• Like Like x 7
  16. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Refrigerator coil cleaning today. What were these designers thinking when they made inaccessible bottom coils? It is impossible to clean anything deeper than the first row of coils. I can see the dust and cat hair but I can’t get to it. Tipping it over may help but you kinda need more than one person for that. And I’m not emptying my fridge today. Just blows my mind. Probably so your fridge will burn up so you can buy another one. :mad: Any ideas of how I can get to the coils? I used a shop vac and one of those long tapered scrubby brushes already.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I have some things I am playing with mentally. I need to make some more interesting creams and custards (the first one I made, the berry custard is turning out fine. I like it not overflavored but boy did it need steeping.) I wish I had the energy/time but I don't. Maybe during Rest Week which I think will take place fairly soon but I also have a jillion things to do during rest week or things will be bad.

Meh. I wish I had a butler. Because if I had a butler I would have scads of servants being ORGANIZED by the butler and like, that would be awesome.

Sorry I feel like I have been talking about servants a LOT lately (and I have but I would pay them a decent wage and if they were illegal help them get their green card and sponsor their kids so their kids can come.)

When I lived near DC and was being a paid servant to clean houses in my free time, I would go hang out with the illegal nannies the rich women had, mainly because the rich women staying home like, were terrifying to this hippie chick mommy. I looked young enough to be an au pair so they never minded. They would talk wistfully about trying to save to go see their kids in 2 years while the grandparents were raising them and they did a great job with the rich kids, I think mainly because they missed their own. It sucked. I never said even one time that the kid who would fly over calling me "mommy" was my very own, because I didn't want anyone to be sad. It wasn't unusual either, a lot of those nannies spent more time with the kids than the moms.

Okay maybe for this brief period until I get to WV I would like servants. LOL. Feeling overwhelmed but still need to take it easy here. Soon gonna text the husband. I doubt he will complain but if he DOES complain I will say even if I arrive at 9 pm he is getting me WAY longer than he might otherwise. Med box, bathe (oh god cannot wait for my big tub) and getting going soon, I guess.

Anna

Anna

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Getting GOING. Oh god until TUESDAY. I may return for a brief moment after grabbing everything I need for the car.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Is it Tuesday you have to leave for WV?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Bloody brilliant! Just watched some YouTube videos on cleaning coils. Compressed air is the answer! However it can make a mess but I’d rather clean dust than buy a new fridge. I’ll get my son to help. Woot!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5