Random DIY mixing and More

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I'm like @Skunk!; in that I have only eaten the fruit... no experience with the concentrate. The fruit is (to me) kind of the "dragon fruit" of the dark fruits (plums, raisins, dates, prunes). It is mostly sweet, slightly floral, with its own unique subtle flavor. It pairs well with strong sharp and/or rich flavors flavors. Brie cheese, citrus or balsamic drizzles, as well as brandy reductions all make figs wonderful. The soft fig newton cookies use a preserved jam-like version of the fruit.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm like @Skunk!; in that I have only eaten the fruit... no experience with the concentrate. The fruit is (to me) kind of the "dragon fruit" of the dark fruits (plums, raisins, dates, prunes). It is mostly sweet, slightly floral, with its own unique subtle flavor. It pairs well with strong sharp and/or rich flavors flavors. Brie cheese, citrus or balsamic drizzles, as well as brandy reductions all make figs wonderful. The soft fig newton cookies use a preserved jam-like version of the fruit.
    Most helpful. Thanks,Joel:) Glad to see ya here,BTW.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Thanks. I was finding it difficult to describe :) I think I may pick up some to try out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    If I find that I like the plum then I may try the fig sometime in the future.
    I like plum (TFA's) with tobaccos. I could see fig being used in a similar fashion. I could see both working in boozy vapes too. :) Plum (and I am guessing fig too) is good for adding a "darker" (if that makes any sense) floral note to mixes. It is aromatic without being outright "flowery."

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I like plum (TFA's) with tobaccos. I could see fig being used in a similar fashion. I could see both working in boozy vapes too. :) Plum (and I am guessing fig too) is good for adding a "darker" (if that makes any sense) floral note to mixes. It is aromatic without being outright "flowery."
    Thanks again. Never thought of using plum in a boozy juice.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

Users who are viewing this thread