Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I can't remember if I posted about it yet or not but my wonder flavors sample pack was reshipped today from bcf. I imagine it'll be beginning or middle of next week before I receive it. That is if someone at usps doesn't open it again.
    Hopefully this one gets to you.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    FYI, sale at gremberry:

7-24-20.png
    saw that one.

Reactions: stols001

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I do like ID10-T's recipes. I watch DIYorDie Noted videos and he hogs the show (and often half-drunk) but he has a very good sense of flavors and how to use them. Some of his descriptions (of bad flavors) are very interesting (cardboard, barf, burnt tires, shower curtain, burnt popcorn, nail polish, ect) Sorry if that was TMI.

No, not too much info at all! I've never watched any mixing videos, but I want to do that. My focus so far has been on finding several wonderful recipes that others have created. I plan to learn more about the craft of mixing in the future.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I sometimes get on my local Next Door forum. Not much since it tends to get petty and argumentative. There's a really long thread going on about masks at the moment. About one in three posts are one liners from an anti-mask warrior called Sheila. She responds to almost every post with some throwaway comment. She must have dropped the same post 30 times about people who can't wear masks because they are Vietnam Vets with PTSD who get panic attacks if they have anything touching their face. Does nobody here care about the vets who blah blah blah? This morning she said, how come CA is having an outbreak when they have cops forcing everyone to wear a mask at gunpoint?

I reckon it's not worth the aggravation it would cause to force the nutty holdouts to mask up. I read around 80% of people now are in favor of masks and wear them all the time when they are out, and a bunch more who wear them reluctantly if it's a rule. Almost everyone will wear them in shops if it's required. That should be enough. The law of diminishing returns would come in if you try to impose it on the last few hardliners.

The President started advocating mask use this week. And Deep Red Indiana is mailing free masks to everyone. We're getting there.

The only grocery stores here are HEBs and if you don't wear a mask you aren't allowed inside. The same goes for the drug stores. I haven't gone to any other stores around here in months so I feel pretty safe as far as the virus goes.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I had a great day. I brought my oldest nephew to work with me and we both had a good time working together. It was fun, talking trash, working together, good times were had all around. Later on, an old friend stopped by at the house, and that was fun. It was a good day, a pain-free day. Then I ordered a Dvarw DL FL clone from fasttech in the evening.

Some days are a real drag, but every now and then you get that one odd day where events fall into place just right. I enjoy those good days. Probably the bad days provide the necessary contrast for that to happen. Otherwise it would just be a day, no good or bad, blah.

Please let us know how you like the Dvarw!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    We have Tropical Storm Hana making it's way to us in Corpus Christi. They say the worst we have to worry about is heavy rainfall and a little wind. This one isn't something you need to evacuate from. It's supposed to make landfall on Saturday afternoon. It's expected to move out of here on Sunday. We are stocking up on summer sausage, cheese, and lots of ice in case we lose power. The main thing we worry about is our dogs who hate thunderstorms. We are getting a bunch of melatonin and CBD for the dogs.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    We have Tropical Storm Hana making it's way to us in Corpus Christi. They say the worst we have to worry about is heavy rainfall and a little wind. This one isn't something you need to evacuate from. It's supposed to make landfall on Saturday afternoon. It's expected to move out of here on Sunday. We are stocking up on summer sausage, cheese, and lots of ice in case we lose power. The main thing we worry about is our dogs who hate thunderstorms. We are getting a bunch of melatonin and CBD for the dogs.
    Make sure you have plenty of water too. Remember that indulin-88 chemical that tainted the water back a number of years ago? That was my first wake up call to how things can go down there. I really hope we don't get another Harvey before we sell our condo. I'm not sure we could handle another hit like that.
    Have you ever tried "thunder shirts" or whatever they're called?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Do you have thunder vests for them?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I received my coils I ordered from FT today just like magic. In two days since I told FT that I was filing a dispute with PayPal if I didn’t hear from them by Friday evening, my package went from no tracking update for almost two months to going through Chicago customs in less than one day and then to me today.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You need to do some more concrete work or something.

No, I do NOT. I will be packing soon though. Music like cheers me up when I am stressed. It-- I can't do without it. I mean, obviously I can. I just get crankier. The husband and I had a nice chat this am and we even kissed. In the hopes of keeping the peace I made his favorite spaghetti sauce it is PATENTED so I can't say what it does but it has an opiate like effect on the husband. I am kind of sick of it, he always overeats it. But it was the ONE thing I could always make that both the boy children could like eat. like six days a week if necessary. I did do TOO much thought and I plan to do more. But it's yoga. It does not count.

. I started it before and finished it during lunch.

I am not sure I would mention that to the supplier. LOL.I mean I am sure you tested it thoroughly first, but you are getting too speedy at these things. I will say nothing though. I am a secret keeper.

That is if someone at usps doesn't open it again.

The sniffing dogs can't help eating it. It tastes too good. They leave you toothpaste instead because they are like, "This stuff is foul."

I wonder if sniffing dogs ever do stuff like that. I mean probably not but they are probably trained to not eat you know, drugs, not flavors.

I plan to learn more about the craft of mixing in the future.

OMG ME TOO! First, I put the one ADV in the WRONG bottle. I swore I wouldn't SO much I totally did. Oh well, it still tastes alright. It's a shake and vape.

I thought I HAD my other one shot the toasted marshmallow mango sherbert or whatever, but no I had different bottles. I panicked. I grabbed a flavor art flavor that I THOUGHT was a one shot, but it may not be "Aurora?" I just grabbed a bunch and shoved it in there. It smells HORRIBLE. It might just be a flavor, not a one shot even! I have no clue what I was thinking! I need to stop wasting nic (and my time) like this.

When I get to WV ALL my flavors are gonna go in ORGANIZED whatever boxes, l don't CARE as long as they are upright and in some sort of order and even if I have to learn excel (I swore, for my lifetime I would learn to type fast but NEVER do excel it's too much like MATH only weirder well even if I have to get the husband to teach me (huh, that should be pleasant) I am doing it.

Apartments got back to me I am going to call tomorrow and inquire for if they have a shorter lease because HOLY MOSES freaking 1375.fitty cents (by the time they add in their fees is a TON for housing I don't think I have EVER paid that much. Like EVER.

If not, we are buying a trailer. At least we will have something at the end of our ordeal that we can use to go on vacation dude.; We had a pop up, loved it, but it was lost in the great bankruptcy. I am never going bankrupt again, it sucks.

Anna

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Dollar stores sell beer? Wish I'd of known that when I use to go through a case a day! :D I quit though 8/10/89 when I found out I had liver failure which led to a transplant 1/93. :thumbs:

HOW did I miss this? In AZ they do. some states also have "drive through" beer places which like, I consider the epitome of ALL that is wrong with this country. I mean-- you aren't willing to get OUT of the car to buy the ETOH, you gonna get out to drink it?

I MEAN AT LEAST in college I drove the drunk bus (ironically) so I wasn't drinking EVERY night. It was OK I listened to Rush everyone knew when Anna drove the bus, it was gonna be Rush.

Fortunately I had an alcoholic liver because I have even drunk the no name "Beer" and liked it. It's like "generic" or whatever? I think it's made out of what they scrape out of the bottom of the vats diluted with plain water. Tasted kinda flat somehow.

So no new liver for me but that's what you get with a Russian. I feel bad for you, you could have saved more for the liver transplant and/or drank more beer and got the transplant sooner.

Me and my college roommate had the goal to drink a 24 pack in a night. She reached it sooner. She leaned down from the bed, and like hit her head, sat up with her last beer. and rubbed her head while saying in this dreamy fashion "That felt kind of good, actually...." :thumbs::thumbs: :lol:

My roommate was the bomb. But yeah we would wander the campus with our cases so that we didn't accidentally drink something else. Both achieved by mid second semester (first year.)

Work got harder we had to slow down after that.

Anna

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    I received my coils I ordered from FT today just like magic. In two days since I told FT that I was filing a dispute with PayPal if I didn’t hear from them by Friday evening, my package went from no tracking update for almost two months to going through Chicago customs in less than one day and then to me today.
    I tried the threat today on my order shipped APRIL 1. We shall see

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I'm calling a dentist tomorrow to set up a consultation @FranC, had to work past business hours today. I need a kick in the pants every now and then, thank you. Tooth stopped hurting and the swelling went down, I feel great, but I know it's only a matter of time till it happens again so I'm going to get it pulled regardless.

Not really looking forward to the procedure though, that's the honest truth, but after the wound heals it should be a nice change. My wallets already complaining at me, but I just tell it shut up, it's for a good cause.

Anyway, hi random folks, hope y'all are having a good day :).
    Have you had teeth pulled before? A backmost lower molar of mine with what my dentist called "dinosaur roots" had to be pulled a few years ago, and it wasn't too bad. Harder on the guy who pulled it (made of sterner stuff than the aforementioned dentist) than me.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    No, not too much info at all! I've never watched any mixing videos, but I want to do that. My focus so far has been on finding several wonderful recipes that others have created. I plan to learn more about the craft of mixing in the future.
    "Noted" is videos of several people doing flavor reviews (they also have really cool guests most times):
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=diyordie+noted
    Ignore the live streaming mixing session with Wayne... long and boring.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    We did an unscheduled town run yesterday. Thankfully most everyone we saw was masked, although still a few with bare noses. Uh, how does that work??
    Drives me nuts that people do that. So, so dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread