Random DIY mixing and More

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    I might try to work on my next review tomorrow morning. My oldest will be home to visit around noon so there won’t be time the rest of tomorrow or Sunday to work on it.

Do you know if you are getting a voopoo drag S or X (or both) to review?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Drives me nuts that people do that. So, so dumb.

It could also be seen as passive resistance. Or, fatigue. You breathe in 3x as much Co2 as normal especially with those crap homemade masks that don't work. Some people do not believe in masks, and provided they practice SCRUPULOUS social distancing, I don't really have an issue with it. (The dumb ones are just dumb and don't.)

I kind of view masks as a talisman. Unless it's an N95 mask, the only real good it is going to do you is to not touch your mouth and nose. A virus is very, very small. If you can smell sour milk through a mask (you can) in all likelihood, virus particles are going to pass through that mask.

Really. we just need to give everyone a cattle prod for the 6 feet, and even the dumb ones would comply.

I don't mean to be a downer on masks but they truthfully make much less difference than people think. Just like a talisman.

I'm fried. Husband is here. We have a whole new approach now it's just IMPOSSIBLE otherwise. We are gonna have to somehow make up the difference between a shipping container we can rent for a few months and my mom's truck idea. Because we have to get up there ASAP.

I genuinely think the best and only way to rent something is through Craigslist and I am not doing it sight unseen. We just CAN'T do the dang apartment to the dog. Otherwise we will see about a cabin (may be a bit too far for work) or like, buying a very, very beat down and broke down like, RV (or renting one) and camping. I will be at work so like hopefully the husband and I won't kill each other. Also, it can't get to cold.

Man I hope that house sells. The freaking realtor had 23 errors in the Home Report. They were THERE! We do not have gas anything (They had gas everything) and like, oh there was a ton of other stuff. A deck MISSING. Pantry: Missing. Wrong colored appliances.

She sold us this home but well IDK. Guess we will see what happens we can always bail or whatnot. Oh right tile instead of laminate. Why come, look, write things down, ask questions, etc?

Oh well, at least we will get there in a hotel and I DON'T WANT TO DO ANY OF THIS IT IS COMPLETELY horrible. ADHD brains just do NOT do well out of routine.

Meh. Husband went to bed I am telling you the pasta is MAGIC. LOL
    Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    24 teeth pulled all at once!

Bone shaving as my teeth were deep seated and lumps

Light sedation with no opiates.

Kept waking up because it took them longer
    than it shouda'.....

I'd mumble "I'm awake this is all so bad,"

Hasty the technician would shove stuff in my IV bag

Bled all the way home, the only upside,
    Was watch my younger brother go my
    big sis is as tough as sh:censored:,
    not gonna lie!

Two weeks of ice packs and
    Advil til my stomach died
    18-24 months for the swelling to go down

One little molar you will be just fine.

That's a song but I'm not writing the tune. LOL.

Anna

Queen of Extreme Dentistry-- Better than Extreme Suicidality

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    24 teeth pulled all at once!

Bone shaving as my teeth were deep seated and lumps

Light sedation with no opiates.

Kept waking up because it took them longer
    than it shouda'.....

I'd mumble "I'm awake this is all so bad,"

Hasty the technician would shove stuff in my IV bag

Bled all the way home, the only upside,
    Was watch my younger brother go my
    big sis is as tough as sh:censored:,
    not gonna lie!

Two weeks of ice packs and
    Advil til my stomach died
    18-24 months for the swelling to go down

One little molar you will be just fine.

That's a song but I'm not writing the tune. LOL.

Anna

Queen of Extreme Dentistry-- Better than Extreme Suicidality

I'll be fine. I have a phobia of hospitals, dentists, medical care in general. Break out in cold sweats, shaking, intense fear, walking through the door, even if it's just to visit someone. I know it's irrational, so I'll go to an ER if I have to, but I avoid healthcare whenever possible. It's not the doctors, nurses, not people, it's a result of something traumatic many years ago. Doesn't matter though, I'm still going.

24 teeth at once, you're tough as granite. Mad props woman.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" (famous quote from a former president) You will thank yourself (later) for doing this ;)
    Sometimes, it's the best solution (if it's gotta go, it's gotta go) Dentists now are great with needles and everything (my dentist had me waiting and I knew it would be awhile so I asked him "can I slip out and vape for a minute"... he was very cool, knew I was nervous... two teeth and big roots) he said sure... that was really nice ;) He did a great job and I was just on medi-cal.

Yeah, I've put it off long enough. I'd say I'm going to bite the bullet and get it done, but I think I'll save the biting part for later, lol. :p

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I decided I needed a functioning brain much more than a functioning set of teeth.

I sort of feel worst for my parents I had these teeth that closely resembled CLAWS reaching out of my mouth and I needed braces for like 5 years. Seems like a short lived investment.;

Course, had they not fixed my claw face, I would have been a 32 year old VIRGIN and REALLY suicidal then (yes, it was that bad, LOL.)

@Blitzdonlife here is a trick for you. I did not do my titanium implants sedated at ALL just numb and there is a REASON my oral surgeon had forearms like a blacksmith. I would like back and relax and think of England, in particular English Horses and what I bet they felt like when they were getting reshod and the dang human in charge of them would make them stand on THREE legs and hammer nails into their feet. Every now and then. I'd imagine pooping on the oral surgeon, as an English Dressage Horse.

Be creative. I'm not gonna say it helps. It sort of doesn't but it will keep your mind occupied as you suffer and that will make it feel like AT LEAST two minutes less.

Fingers crossed. LOL.

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Never had a tooth pulled, this'll be the first.

Nothing to it--with modern dentistry. Really. I had my wisdom teeth pulled two at a time. Just annoying because you'll have a hard time eating afterwards. Glad you're taking care of it!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    So our Administrative Associate's son tested positive for covid. Along with his wife, and her parents. Not sure about the two babies. His wife's Mom was taken to the ICU last night with low oxygen levels and not doing so well. Scary stuff.

SIL came home wearing a mask. One of his co-workers was exposed.

Vitamin D. Latest studies show again that it works. Just take some supplements--it can't possibly harm you, but it can help. And good luck!

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Good morning :)
    I "slept in" which means I woke up slightly after sunrise. :lol: I feel very beat up, yesterday was a doozy. Gardening, excavation, and building beds has nothing on pulling nets.
    I'm anxious to look and see what new mixes I can try, there's got to be a few ready from steeping. Either way I'm going to clean out and rewick some RTAs, get my project x's back in action.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'll be fine. I have a phobia of hospitals, dentists, medical care in general. Break out in cold sweats, shaking, intense fear, walking through the door, even if it's just to visit someone. I know it's irrational, so I'll go to an ER if I have to, but I avoid healthcare whenever possible. It's not the doctors, nurses, not people, it's a result of something traumatic many years ago. Doesn't matter though, I'm still going.

24 teeth at once, you're tough as granite. Mad props woman.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled years ago. The oral surgeon guy was so good that he had it pulled and I didn’t even know it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review, Hit. How does this setep compare to the Zenith/Zlide line? I'm asking here because I'm not sure if it's OK to ask in the dedicated review thread. Thanks!

Very nice review, Hit. How does this setep compare to the Zenith/Zlide line? I'm asking here because I'm not sure if it's OK to ask in the dedicated review thread. Thanks!

I never reviewed the zenith/zlide but own a couple. The nano is smaller than the kroma r. The gtx tank is ok and I get pretty good flavor from it. I haven’t tried the .8 or 1.2 coils in it so can’t really say. I know from using the gtx coils in the pm80se that the higher the resistance the less airflow the coil allows because of the design of the coil. I didn’t like that the gtx tank didn’t have a top cap with a fill port.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I need to mix some lmn# today as I’m getting low.

Has anyone else gotten the ares 2 yet. I bought one and am not super happy with the flavor I’m getting with it on the first build. I used one of the included coils but may have used too much wick. I’m not sure.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Vitamin D. Latest studies show again that it works. Just take some supplements--it can't possibly harm you, but it can help. And good luck!
    Mom and I had that same conversation about vitamin D. I alternate 3,000 to 5,000 IU supplement daily and she does too. I also take a multivitamin and krill oil. I tested low for vitamin D when I went to my doctor last year due to my hair falling out in wads. I’ve been on it since. Great for immune system.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA

Has anyone else gotten the ares 2 yet. I bought one and am not super happy with the flavor I’m getting with it on the first build. I used one of the included coils but may have used too much wick. I’m not sure.
    I have a couple but haven't used them yet. I've been waiting for more knowledgeable people than myself to try it and post about it.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

I've got one, flavor is good on mine, used my own coil though.

Users who are viewing this thread