FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi @FranC,
    Sorry for the tardy reply.:blush: I have invoked a temporary self-depravation of ECF until I finish my concentrate reorganization. The procrastinator in me, would rather read about it, than do it.:facepalm: So, until I get it done, I am not keeping up.:nun::D

I still check in every day (or so) to check for tags and PMs. But, otherwise, I will have some catching up to do.:rolleyes:

As to your question:
    Yes; 1% of 30mL is 0.30mL (Not ".3%" as you wrote; but I think that was just a typo.).

If you have created a dilution of 1% Italian Cream, and only want to use only 1% of that dilution, then you are correct. That is going to incorporate only 0.0001 of the original/full strength concentrate.

1% of 1% = 0.01 x 0.01 = 0.0001 = 0.01% = one ten thousandth of the original concentrate.

The most common dilution I am familiar with is a 10% (0.10) dilution. And, that dilution, is then treated like a traditional concentrate. This is how I have seen other mixers make using otherwise difficult-to-use ingredients, like FA Condensed Milk, Acetyl Pyrazine, and FLV Rich Cinnamon, easier to control minimal adjustments.

By doing so (the 10% dilution), I have to use 10 times the volume, to get the same effect, as the original concentrate. If I were to do a 1% dilution; I would have to use 100 times the volume, to get the same effect.

That doesn't mean a mixer can't use a 1% dilution as a concentrate... I just have not heard of it being done.:)
    Thanks,Joel:) Good luck with getting your flavors organized!!

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    In a mix against the VT Whiskey?

Sure why not? But I guess it depends what you're going for with the finished juice. Fig and whisky? Somehow it sounds good to me but only if I add in some sort of vanilla cake or bready base then top it with some sweet frosting. :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sure why not? But I guess it depends what you're going for with the finished juice. Fig and whisky? Somehow it sounds good to me but only if I add in some sort of vanilla cake or bready base then top it with some sweet frosting. :lol:
    You want to frost your whiskey:lol:

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yup. For me the whisky would be an accent flavor and would stay in the background. I guess you are going more for a boozy flavor with fig in the background?
    They are both strong flavors. For a start I'm going try the the Whiskey at 2% and the fig at 1.5%

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Since I've never tried the fig I'm just guessing from the posts of others. That should be a good start.

I've never tried the whisky flavor because I'm not really into boozy vapes but I'm thinking a boozy cake with fig and frosting actually sounds pretty good!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've never tried the whisky flavor because I'm not really into boozy vapes but I'm thinking a boozy cake with fig and frosting actually sounds pretty good!
    Sounds kinda weird to me:lol: If you were to make a Whiskey cake you'd probably want to use a different Whiskey. Although at 1% it would probably lend a nice flavor to a cake.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Okay, I’m intrigued:p I’m picturing a boozy pineapple upside down cake with fig instead. Are you thinking creamy frosting or more sugary?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I don't want to be confused again but I've read about 10% solutions many times and just assumed they were used for very strong flavors with tiny measurements. Would this somehow benefit me?
    Yes you are correct about the 10% solutions. As you know those would include maybe mentol crystals, or vanillin, em or some other form of powder. What are you thinking of making that you would need this type of benefit?

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes you are correct about the 10% solutions. As you know those would include maybe mentol crystals, or vanillin, em or some other form of powder. What are you thinking of making that you would need this type of benefit?

Well,I was just thinking of Joel's mention of it. I don't see how it could benefit me in any way.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Well,I was just thinking of Joel's mention of it. I don't see how it could benefit me in any way.
    Neither do I. The using of yesterdays 10ml already steeped mix is totally a separate type of application, NOt to be confused with the dilution of any of the ingredients.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Neither do I. The using of yesterdays 10ml already steeped mix is totally a separate type of application, NOt to be confused with the dilution of any of the ingredients.

I am not confused........LOL I've been right all these years,I have no need of doing 10% dilutions.

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Okay, I’m intrigued:p I’m picturing a boozy pineapple upside down cake with fig instead. Are you thinking creamy frosting or more sugary?

I'm thinking creamy just because I like lots of cream in my ejuice. There's almost nothing I make that doesn't have some sort of cream flavor added.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm thinking creamy just because I like lots of cream in my ejuice. There's almost nothing I make that doesn't have some sort of cream flavor added.
    OK,I see a question there. I have a lot of creams but they don't get used a lot. What would you say are the least sweet selections?

Users who are viewing this thread