Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Every time I see "Blood Orange" it reminds me that I have a new flavor I haven't even single flavor tested yet: INW Bloody Orange. I was thinking somebody should have told them it's blood orange, not bloody :lol:
    Haven't seen that one....LOL. Hope it's not bleeding..........

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @NolaMel The floral mixes you shared with me turned out great after a 2 week plus steep. I have more floral flavors now to get creative with the florals. Guess I had beginners luck because my first floral, after yours, I really enjoyed and need to mix more. Thanks for helping me get started with florals!

Sweet Nothings

4% TFA Cherry Blossom
    1% CAP Cucumber
    4% TFA Honeysuckle
    2% FA Jasmine
    .3% RF (BL) Madagascar Vanilla Bean

2 Week Steep

Notes:
    This is my first floral recipe I've written. It surprised me as it's really quite inviting! The florals come together nicely, sweet and light atop a velvety smooth vanilla bean embrace.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Mixed up a 30ml bottle of WF Butterscotch Cream Pie Saturday. (2%)
    Pretty tasty right off the bat.
    It's so good that this afternoon I ended up filling a bottle in my CC :lol:

I really think this is gonna age nicely (if I can stay out of it)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Mixed up a 30ml bottle of WF Butterscotch Cream Pie Saturday. (2%)
    Pretty tasty right off the bat.
    It's so good that this afternoon I ended up filling a bottle in my CC :lol:

I really think this is gonna age nicely (if I can stay out of it)
    very cool. Hope it only gets better.:)

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I do indeed have a reason for washing my bottles. They smell of the mix that was in them for one thing and I don't want the residue or smell of one mix to transfer to a new mix. To each his own.

I've never heard seed steeping with random flavors. Only new remixes. I have no idea why it works but it seems to. It's the only speed steeping way I've found to work (I'm trying 48hrs on a stir plate right now with the Smokey Amber Plum, 24hrs didn't do much, I also threw in a little of the single flavor smoked plum taster to hopefully seed it today, but I really have no idea if that will work or if it has to be the recipe).
    When I expand my coffee taste recipes I'll rinse the bottles by filling them with recipe's VG and pouring into the destination so there's the aged seed.

I don't even like the old smells on caps with new recipes. Partly why I want all poly cone caps, there's some hope of getting them nearly odor free.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel The floral mixes you shared with me turned out great after a 2 week plus steep. I have more floral flavors now to get creative with the florals. Guess I had beginners luck because my first floral, after yours, I really enjoyed and need to mix more. Thanks for helping me get started with florals!

Sweet Nothings

4% TFA Cherry Blossom
    1% CAP Cucumber
    4% TFA Honeysuckle
    2% FA Jasmine
    .3% RF (BL) Madagascar Vanilla Bean

2 Week Steep

Notes:
    This is my first floral recipe I've written. It surprised me as it's really quite inviting! The florals come together nicely, sweet and light atop a velvety smooth vanilla bean embrace.
    I’ll have to try that one! I love florals, they give an extra boost to the juice

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    So I'm wanting a mild cinnamon flavor. It's okay if it's creamy but not wanting any bakery notes. Any recommendations?
    Capella Horchata speaking of which I used the last of my bananachata up setting up my TC on the Minikin. I made more but it is not ready yet:(

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I’m drawing a blank... is that a rice pudding kind of flavor? Too tired to hunt
    And, does it crack tanks like full on cinnamon?
    Yep pretty close. It is mellow and creamy. I think it was hot cinnamon that cracked plastic tanks. I could be wrong. The cinnamon in horchata is very mild.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    OK,is this right? Assuming I have 30ml of HA Italian Cream mixed at 1% and all steeped. Now I want to make a mix that calls for 1% of the cream. I would add .3% steeped mix to equal that 1% of flavor?

@IDJoel Need your help on above question.^^^^
    Hi @FranC,
    Sorry for the tardy reply.:blush: I have invoked a temporary self-depravation of ECF until I finish my concentrate reorganization. The procrastinator in me, would rather read about it, than do it.:facepalm: So, until I get it done, I am not keeping up.:nun::D

I still check in every day (or so) to check for tags and PMs. But, otherwise, I will have some catching up to do.:rolleyes:

As to your question:
    Yes; 1% of 30mL is 0.30mL (Not ".3%" as you wrote; but I think that was just a typo.).

If you have created a dilution of 1% Italian Cream, and only want to use only 1% of that dilution, then you are correct. That is going to incorporate only 0.0001 of the original/full strength concentrate.

1% of 1% = 0.01 x 0.01 = 0.0001 = 0.01% = one ten thousandth of the original concentrate.

The most common dilution I am familiar with is a 10% (0.10) dilution. And, that dilution, is then treated like a traditional concentrate. This is how I have seen other mixers make using otherwise difficult-to-use ingredients, like FA Condensed Milk, Acetyl Pyrazine, and FLV Rich Cinnamon, easier to control minimal adjustments.

By doing so (the 10% dilution), I have to use 10 times the volume, to get the same effect, as the original concentrate. If I were to do a 1% dilution; I would have to use 100 times the volume, to get the same effect.

That doesn't mean a mixer can't use a 1% dilution as a concentrate... I just have not heard of it being done.:)

Users who are viewing this thread