The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got the base mixed and hope the get the recipes done sometime today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @hittman I'll throw some p400 in the package for you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  3. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did the PEG test with WF Hazelnut and Cream. It's a flavor that's sweet to me but I have no problem vaping it. The PEG400 in a 20/20/60 mix made it taste noticeably less sweet. Hoping this will work for my fruity mixes as well.........

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Sounds like a reason to add a window unit or two for those really hot days. Here in the Southeast central A/C is a given when houses are built. Right now (8:30am), it's 75 degrees and 87% humidity outside. Inside it's 78 and the humidity is 55% (comfortable). We've had a lot of heavy late afternoon rains (typical in June and July).

It's cloudy here and more predictions of heavy rain throughout the day. Last night about 6pm I was out and the rains were relentless. It was water across the road with rooster tails all the way home! People were actually driving slow in a 55mph zone.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks! I'll be looking forward to trying it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  6. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I'm waiting on maturity to hit on about eight 50ml bottles of juice I mixed up on June 29. It's three weeks out and I'm taste testing several that are still light colored and translucent. I generally like light and clear in my tobacco and sweet juices, but these aren't producing flavor as I expected using midrange flavor percentages.

I found out the hard way a couple of years ago that it's best to wait and have to add more flavor than it is to mix at higher flavor % and have to cut them later with unflavored. I also learned the hard way early on that you have to shake the flavor bottles for a couple of minutes to make sure the flavors haven't stratified.

I've been doing DIY for almost 3 years and still don't consider myself to be a DIY guru. You experiment and follow the advice of others. Still, valuable experience is gained by the mistakes you make.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I can't imagine not having central AC. This has been the longest stretch of hot weather that I can remember and the humidity has been horrible.

I was thinking about it this morning and was wondering how long it's ok to keep a mixed bottle of liquid. Sometimes I'll get on a kick and use the same recipe for quite a while and will have extra bottles mixed. Then I get tired of it and they sit for a long while. Should I just dump them after a few months or is it ok to keep them?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That's how I come up with recipes. If it's questionable I start with 5ml and tweak.

In glass they last a long time. In plastic I've had some returned to me in probably around a year I wouldn't touch. A lot depends on the flavors. I go by look, smell and ultimately taste if they pass those two tests.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I keep them, just give them a drip taste test. One of my best tasting mixes was one I forgot and didn't get back to for almost 6 months.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I was reading a thread about that last night. The consensus seemed to be, vape it till the nic starts to get peppery. Commercial juices apparently have a two year best by date. But if you buy off the shelf, not many have “born on” dates, so no telling the ages of juices we used before diy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Actually have one of the non-window / portable ones, does take the edge off.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Please clarify? Is the 60 VG? or PG? Or PEG400?
    Thanks

:)

• Like Like x 4
  13. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Good morning mixers! I just woke up as I allowed myself to sleep in (decadence, plus it was hard sleeping next to the husband's moans.

Glad the PEG400 is doing something @FranC ! I got mine at Nic river I don't think there was a sale but it's pretty inexpensive without one. I want to mix, but wake up first and I have some disaster areas of the house to clean etc.

Husband is grump but no longer throwing up. I'll take it. LOL

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  14. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    60pg,20PEG and 20VG

• Like Like x 5
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got my 2 mixes done.:) The wait is on,but a much shorter one for fruity stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Both my fruity mixes include wine. I don't care for just fruits alone. Still they are fruity mixes and the ultimate sweet test for me. I think a 3 day steep should be fine.

• Like Like x 4
  19. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The house that my daughter and her husband bought does have one powerful window unit and a good built-in air handler and fan. It does cool most of the house as long as I remember to close the blinds against the greenhouse effect of the powerful sun shining brightly into the house until nearly 10 at night. :) It is actually chilly today and was yesterday as well but that heat is supposed to come back Monday with temps way higher than average for the Pacific NW. No rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. So far, my Pacific NW experience is far from what I expected. I came armed with raincoats and cardigans. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. Necrospecter

Necrospecter Dulce de Leche to rule them all Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    @classwife I can not remember where it was that you were talking about getting the French Toast but this seems like as good of a place as any I told you it makes a great stuffed french toast so here is the Recipe I use partly based on @dobroeutro Butterscotch Cheesecake

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 3