Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hubs has dashed my plans for today. He wants to go to Sam's. I did get to try the 2 testers. The Smoked Plum is sweet. To be used in small %,or cheesecake,maybe baccy. The Amber is interesting. Have to give it some time. I did get a label on my mix.
I'm trying out my four plums today after I rewick one of the Nanos. Hoping I love at least one of them or better yet all of them.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So with Necro's help I can do this but haven't figured out how to crop it yet.:facepalm:
Mixed it the other day and will let you know in a week is it's any good.:lol: Adapted from Lars recipe on ELR.
2018-07-23 - Copy.png

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I use the Snipping Tool in the computer all the time for work and pics and stuff.
You can 'outline' what you want, save it to your desktop and then use something like Imgur to get a link for the forum.
Easy peasy !

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Recipes look tasty. Wish my tastebuds would go for all that fruit.
I'll play with the paint 3d thing later maybe and see if I have at least one recipe for you to adapt. I actually need to drop those grapes some and add a pop flavor. That was my last version which is very tasty for about three weeks but gets too sweet after that; needs some balance added to it. Maybe Fa kiwi or FLV sour apple. Haven't tried the sour apple sf yet but it smells good. FLV flavors don't play well with other brands sometimes tho. Maybe a few mls of each to test. Have no idea how the jasmine will work with a tart/sour note either. Would like to try a jasmine rice pudding as well, maybe with a nice berry note.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I use the Snipping Tool in the computer all the time for work and pics and stuff.
You can 'outline' what you want, save it to your desktop and then use something like Imgur to get a link for the forum.
Easy peasy !
I find if I remember to use the screenshot button on the computer it goes much smoother.:facepalm::D Just have find where the sweet spot is zooming out once I've cropped. I'll go play in the sandbox for a while.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I find if I remember to use the screenshot button on the computer it goes much smoother.:facepalm::D Just have find where the sweet spot is zooming out once I've cropped. I'll go play in the sandbox for a while.

There ya go!
That Sandbox is handy !

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

If you do drop it to the desk top, you can just drag and drop it from the desk top into a reply. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Even on a chrome laptop book thing?

Ah, got me there! Windows, any version, yes. But Chrome, no knowledge, but d&d is pretty ubiquitous these days, so maybe? Give it a try. If you can d&d in other programs, it should work. :unsure:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'd be hard pressed to describe Amber. It's not really sweet,has no boozy taste to me,have no idea of how to use this in a mix. Think I'm just going to let it get to a 30 day steep and try again.
From what little I've read it is more like an additive vs a flavor. IIRC I've read about people using it in bakery recipes the most, maybe a yeast thing. I don't recall much a it didn't interest me.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    From what little I've read it is more like an additive vs a flavor. IIRC I've read about people using it in bakery recipes the most, maybe a yeast thing. I don't recall much a it didn't interest me.
    If it keeps tasting the same,I'll have no interest either.

Users who are viewing this thread