Random DIY mixing and More

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
@PJReid only advice I can give as a noob is that most tobacco vapes I've tried were really bright and sweet. Doesn't mean that peach/honey won't go good with it but if you're going for a peach/honey cigar-type flavor you'd want something dark and woody. To date I've never had a tobacco vape that tasted like a cigar though.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I loaded a tank of the Andes Candies last night after a little steeping. I think I'll be mixing a full bottle today with the original recipe as it happened (I'll make sure I use a syringe that isn't sticky). It tastes and feels like the real thing (to the best of my memory, it hasn't be decades since I've had one but it has been a while).
This one is Double Chocolate Clear. Going to be needing a 30ml bottle of that and the Creme de Menthe.
Sounds good. One more flavoring I need to order: Creme de Menthe.
My son has decided that he wants a tobacco e-liquid. I know zero about mixing with tobacco flavors. Going to my usual places when looking for ideas, I looked at highly rated tobacco recipes. The thing is, I don't want to buy anything until I know this will work for him. I have TFA Black Honey, TFA RY4 (not the double), and ECX Tobacco Absolute (50%.) I am thinking a honey peach flavor might be nice, like some good cigars.
I want to try to use this recipe and add in some JF Honey Peach. I also have TFA Peach Juicy and FA White Peach. Any pointers, ideas, comments are appreciated.
Why not start simple: PST and done. Then experiment based on his reactions.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Why not start simple: PST and done. Then experiment based on his reactions.

What is PST?

@Nate5700 - I am not necessarily going for a cigar flavor but know that flavors like brandy and peach are used in cigars. I have never mixed a tobacco juice and just found a couple of recipes that use what I have on hand, without buying something he may or may not like. I hoped that combining some % of Black Honey, some % of Ry4, some JF Honey Peach, some FA Brandy or Rum might be nice. IDK so I ask for advice. Thanks!

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
@Nate5700 - I am not necessarily going for a cigar flavor but know that flavors like brandy and peach are used in cigars. I have never mixed a tobacco juice and just found a couple of recipes that use what I have on hand, without buying something he may or may not like. I hoped that combining some % of Black Honey, some % of Ry4, some JF Honey Peach, some FA Brandy or Rum might be nice. IDK so I ask for advice. Thanks!
Definitely understandable. Just looking at those flavors I think whatever you came up with would be too much on the sweet side for me. Others like that sort of thing though. Just whatever you think your son will like. What kinds of flavors does he normally vape?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What is PST?
Purilum Sweet Tobacco

I just figure that, if he's looking for a tobacco flavor, maybe it should be a tobacco flavor and not so heavy on other flavorings. First of all, give him what he's asking for. Then see if he'ld like something fancier/more interesting.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Definitely understandable. Just looking at those flavors I think whatever you came up with would be too much on the sweet side for me. Others like that sort of thing though. Just whatever you think your son will like. What kinds of flavors does he normally vape?

He liked Cuprian (Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream) for a while, and Fizzy Pink Lemonade lately. He can't seem to stay off cigs and is convinced that tobacco is the answer. I know it isn't but figured I would mix up something for him to try. *sigh* I might try:

2% FA Brandy, 3% JF Honey Peach OR 3% TFA Juicy Peach, 4% TFA Black Honey, 2% TFA Ry4, 3% TFA Vanilla Swirl - it's a start. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Purilum Sweet Tobacco

*stamps foot* - I don't want to buy any more flavors!!!!! :D

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
He liked Cuprian (Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream) for a while, and Fizzy Pink Lemonade lately. He can't seem to stay off cigs and is convinced that tobacco is the answer. I know it isn't but figured I would mix up something for him to try. *sigh* I might try:

2% FA Brandy, 3% JF Honey Peach OR 3% TFA Juicy Peach, 4% TFA Black Honey, 2% TFA Ry4, 3% TFA Vanilla Swirl - it's a start. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could work. If he's wanting to really taste tobacco though I don't know if 2% on the RY4 is enough. Maybe back off on the black honey and vanilla swirl a bit and use more RY4?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sounds good. One more flavoring I need to order: Creme de Menthe.

This is TFA (not sure if there are others). I've probably had it since 2013. I only found a use for it now because I'm working on chocolates lately. I hated it every other time I tried it as a stand alone or with mints but no chocolate. It might go good in some tobaccos.

So you don't have to search the thread:
Andies Candies
Creme de Menthe (TFA) 4%
Double Chocolate clear (TFA) 3%
Peppermint (TFA) 1%
Menthol (TFA) 1%
Koolada (TFA) 1%

The possibilities of needing tweaked are I was using a chocolate taster and I'm sure I got more peppermint than what was written because the syringe jumped.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK.I'm really liking this Orange Tobacco Rum but need to do something about whatever is causing the overabundance of sweetness. I don't think the 1% Blood orange or the .5% Toasted Almond is going to cause to much sweetness but maybe the 3% VT Rum or the 4% Sweet Tobacco?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You all have been busy, not even going to try to catch up!
    Assuming you have Cap sweet tangerine.
    Cap sweet tangerine, candy but you can tame that with the FW BO or the Fa orange. Cap ST 6-8% single, 3-6% mix, pairs well with most anything but for me more an additive.

FA orange, just a nice orange; I taste flesh with hints of pith and skin. Not my favorite but useful. 2-4% single, 1-3% mix.

FW blood orange (natural), love this. It has the lovely sharp notes found in a ripe juicy blood orange. Good as a stand alone for me at 6% and use it in many orange forward mixes, usually 3-4%. Makes a great cheesecake Fran.

FA mandarin, very good, not too sweet and excellent for snv. 5-7% single, 2-4% mix. Does have some th hit for a few days then settles in and is lovely. I use it with FA fresh cream + FA vienna cream for a quicky snv, good with a shot of lime too.

For an orange stone for you...start with 6% single, 3% mix
    FW BO 2%
    FA orange 1.5%
    FA mandarin 1.5%

For me, (keep in mind I dearly love orange vapes)...7-8% single, 3-5% mix
    FW BO 3%
    FA orange 2%
    FA mandarin 3%

The Cap ST is great with pineapple. The other 3 would pair well with florals, various berries, dragon fruit, kiwi, and most creams. Some work well in bakery mixes too and all would work in a candy.

Users who are viewing this thread