Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
On the new scales I've tried everything. The only place I could find some scales is a Walmart and all the scales was in the cooking department. Yes I've hit the tare button. It just don't want to pick up when I am doing a very small batch.
A jewelry scale will be better than a cooking scale for our purposes since it requires accuracy at very small amounts. I have a very nice scientific scale, but I usually just use a cheapo battery jewelers scale I got off eBay.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Good morning everyone.

We had a cool front roll in last night and it is gorgeous outside. It's not suppose to get higher than 66 degrees today and down in the 40's tonight. I use to love when Florida had temps like this...
91* here today :(.
I did get two orders put into ELR. I thought I was done, then I found another box full in the closet :facepalm:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    91* here today :(.
    I did get two orders put into ELR. I thought I was done, then I found another box full in the closet :facepalm:
    I've just about given up doing that. I never update the list when I give a bunch of flavors away so it isn't anywhere near accurate anyway.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    For 13 years....

I mean, I am sure there are worse places on the earth to be, but I'm not hastening to return for a vacation or anything.

Sure, doing yoga on a Butte in Sedona was great but like it's not like that every day. LOL.
    Anna
    You ever find yourself driving in the clouds on mountain roads there?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Any idea what kind of store would sell a good scale? I can't find the post someone said something about school and needing it for that. My gf got that one yesterday at Walmart in the food and dinner wear pots and pans etc. Isle. Today I am prepared I brought a syringe with water in it and a little bottle I don't care if I have to open it in the store I'm going to make sure it works. I'm going to make sure that it will weigh at like 0.02 or 0.05 thank you all for your help my phone went dead yesterday for some reason when I get on this form it kills my phone
    Maybe try Harbor Freight, or maybe/possibly a head shop if she doesn’t mind checking there?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I missed my 6 year quitting anniversary last week. 5 years was a big deal. I guess after that it's like birthdays after 60, oh well, there goes another one. If I make it to 10 years that one will be another celebration.
    Congrats on 6!!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I made a really dumb mistake today. I ordered some coils for my boost plus at lunch and wasn't paying attention to the log in that popped up on paypal and just hit the button to pay. I accidentally used the work paypal account that I use for selling dead stock merchandise for my company. I keep a little money in there and it pulled the money from the work account. I had to walk in to the office of my boss who owns the company and give him the money to cover it and explain my mistake. I felt like a total idiot.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I made a really dumb mistake today. I ordered some coils for my boost plus at lunch and wasn't paying attention to the log in that popped up on paypal and just hit the button to pay. I accidentally used the work paypal account that I use for selling dead stock merchandise for my company. I keep a little money in there and it pulled the money from the work account. I had to walk in to the office of my boss who owns the company and give him the money to cover it and explain my mistake. I felt like a total idiot.
    I think we have all made some stupid mistakes here and there.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    After work I'm making two new-to-me recipes. One is the Lemon Blueberry Cake and the other is the Ckemist Remix: Circus Cobbler (Advanced). I'm excited about both. I don't think I've ever had a blueberry vape, and the cobbler just sounds so good. :drool:

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Pretty sure our 70's ended yesterday. Might see a few days in the 60's during October/November but usually 50's and 40's for highs.
    Then our lovely Milwaukee ends up like so...
    View attachment 909447
    My snow blower is ready!!! :lol: :lol:
    I'm ready as well. I live North of Milwaukee by Wurst Bend aka West Bend.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    River Supply has replied. They are sending out the missing flavors "ASAP." No mention of the ones I got in error, so I felt compelled to offer to return them if they sent me a prepaid label. I bet they tell me to keep them.
    I have been to River Supply and they are just really nice people. Smaller operation then I had envisioned. You should not have to hassle sending anything back. Their mistake not yours

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I have been to River Supply and they are just really nice people. Smaller operation then I had envisioned. You should not have to hassle sending anything back. Their mistake not yours
    I'm sure they won't ask me to, but I had to offer.

I've already received confirmation that the missing flavors have shipped, by the way.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If you talk to mine then you better have some time on your hands. Boy it sure is Monday. The paypal mistake first then the florist called the home phone to confirm my flower order for my Anniversary Thursday which ruined the surprise, and then I got a bad circuit board new from the manufacturer for a machine I'm working on at work.

Users who are viewing this thread