Random DIY mixing and More

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
24 gauge 6 wraps? Might be over .2....
You can twist the 24 and 26 gauge together to make a lower resistance wire. 6 wraps on that might be under .2.
Check out the Steam Engine website.
Mixed twisted wire coils are my speciality. I use a length of 26, 28, and a flat wire, 2.5 inner diameter, 7 wraps. Usually just over .2.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Yep.

I use the AWS LB-501 scale (500g x 0.01g). It works great. Same one as your 2nd link.

$26.19 here: American Weigh Scales Lb-501 Digital Kitchen Scale - LB-501
Instead of ordering something else in the mail and having to pay for shipping and handling what I'm going to do is take the one that she got me yesterday back and keep my original scale and the one that I got today. The reason I will have to use two is because the one I got today I just got it to where it reads up to like 4 oz I believe. because I had one at home will read 500g so I will just use one for my flavors or small 10 mL or 15 mL bottles. And I can always use the other scale for my PG VG and Nic thanks for the link.
20200928_181021.jpg
I think I'm going to just premix about a 300 mL bottle of PG VG and nicotine. If I want a 3mg nicotine I know if I make 300 ml it should be 9 mL of nicotine that goes into my mix will I lose any of that nicotine percentage? So I know I would need to put 9 ml in a 300 ml premix of VG / PG do I need to increase it just a bit? Because I've heard people talkin about when you make a big bottle like that that it dilutes it. Just wondering or thought I would ask just to make sure. I'll send you a picture of the new scale that I got.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have allot of stuff to build with but can never really get them to turn out. If I'm using a rda that holds 2 coils I would like them both to read 1.5 no higher than a . 2 any suggestions on how many wraps on a 3mm do you suggest? I have 24 and 26 guage⁴

Thank you for the info. Yes everything was set correctly on grams. It was just having trouble reading down to the hundredths. So my gf went and got me a scale at Walmart it's supposed to read down to the hundredths as well. But it isn't don't know why. My other scale shows 0.0 not 0.00 . Well today I got one that reads great in talking like 2 drops of water and it reads it. They didn't have one that would read 5000g but it is ok. It will read up to almost 4oz I think. So what I'm gonna do is keep my original scales and the ones I got today. I'm going to take back the scale my gf got me I won't need it. So I will use the scale I got today for my flavors it little batches. And my other scale I can use it for bigger bottles or I can use it to weigh my pg/vg. Actually I think Im gonna make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and nic and just keep it pre made. I mean it's just me who is gonna be using the juice so I will most likely make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and 3% nic in it. Well I said that wrong when it is all said and done I want a pre made mix and I want it to be a 3mg. Do you think I will need to increase the amount of mls. of nic I'm going to put in the 300 ml. Bottle cuz I heard when you make a big bottle like that, that you lose some potency ? I no 100ml should be 3ml of nic so x that by 3 that would be 9ml of nic. For 300ml will I lose any of that? I will send a pic of the scale I got today and my original one. The one I'm talking back I'll send you a pic of that also. Just to show you what I've been working with and what I'm going to be using from here on out. The last pic are the ones I am keeping out will be using. View attachment 909529 View attachment 909531 View attachment 909533
Only when you dilute the base mix with pgvg or flavors will you lose nic strength. Better to have 6 mg of nic so you can cut in half and end up with 3mg in mixes. As with all things in this world nothing is perfect.
Now the 1st question. If you start with wire that is rated xx gauge. Ecf has a calculator that can help you with the number of wraps needed to achieve a certain ohm you want. Just remember that dual coils end up being rated as half of each. Example. Make a coil being 1.5 ohm x 2 would be equal to .75 finished product. Check in wire and coil threads for further info.
:)

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
You can twist the 24 and 26 gauge together to make a lower resistance wire. 6 wraps on that might be under .2.
Thank you. Steam engine huh I'll have to check it out.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
Louisville, kentucky
Only when you dilute the base mix with pgvg or flavors will you lose nic strength. Better to have 6 mg of nic so you can cut in half and end up with 3mg in mixes. As with all things in this world nothing is perfect.
Now the 1st question. If you start with wire that is rated xx gauge. Ecf has a calculator that can help you with the number of wraps needed to achieve a certain ohm you want. Just remember that dual coils end up being rated as half of each. Example. Make a coil being 1.5 ohm x 2 would be equal to .75 finished product. Check in wire and coil threads for further info.
:)
Thank you for the info:thumbs:. I'm sure it will come in very helpful. Wow so the flavors will dilute it that much? I guess so or you would not have said it . I knew I would lose some of my strength in nicotine but I didn't know I would lose that much thank you for telling me that. Thanks for telling me which way to go on the form to find how many wraps I will need to achieve a Point 2 using two different wraps I prefer a .15 but a .2 to will also work. I don't understand I watch some people when they hit their RDA and it's like they barely take a puff off of it and they get all the smoke I can never get it that way not that I'm a big cloud chaser or anything. I guess I just don't understand why it takes mine so long to an amp up. I have great batteries with a high amperage . What wattage do you recommend running a RDA at to get good flavor and clouds like that? I'm going to be shooting for no higher than a .2 I also was wondering is it better to use two coils or one? Or is it all just preference? Sorry for so many questions but I've just never been able to get it right I have the kit to make them just could never quite pull it off. Maybe I should have checked out that form before asking you so many questions Thank you

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Instead of ordering something else in the mail and having to pay for shipping and handling what I'm going to do is take the one that she got me yesterday back and keep my original scale and the one that I got today. The reason I will have to use two is because the one I got today I just got it to where it reads up to like 4 oz I believe. because I had one at home will read 500g so I will just use one for my flavors or small 10 mL or 15 mL bottles. And I can always use the other scale for my PG VG and Nic thanks for the link. View attachment 909535 I think I'm going to just premix about a 300 mL bottle of PG VG and nicotine. If I want a 3mg nicotine I know if I make 300 ml it should be 9 mL of nicotine that goes into my mix will I lose any of that nicotine percentage? So I know I would need to put 9 ml in a 300 ml premix of VG / PG do I need to increase it just a bit? Because I've heard people talkin about when you make a big bottle like that that it dilutes it. Just wondering or thought I would ask just to make sure. I'll send you a picture of the new scale that I got.
If you want to make 300mls of base, and you want your finished juice to be 3mgs/ml, and you use 15% flavoring, the base should be 3.5mgs/ml. You'll need 1050mgs of nic in 300mls of mixed base to get that percentage. If your nic is 100mgs/ml, you'd need to use 10.5mls of it.

Here's a link to the coil wrapping section of Steam Engine: Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio

Mixed twisted wire coils are my speciality. I use a length of 26, 28, and a flat wire, 2.5 inner diameter, 7 wraps. Usually just over .2.
I forgot to note that these recommendations are for dual coils, One of any of those would be more like .4 resistance.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you for the info:thumbs:. I'm sure it will come in very helpful. Wow so the flavors will dilute it that much? I guess so or you would not have said it . I knew I would lose some of my strength in nicotine but I didn't know I would lose that much thank you for telling me that. Thanks for telling me which way to go on the form to find how many wraps I will need to achieve a Point 2 using two different wraps I prefer a .15 but a .2 to will also work. I don't understand I watch some people when they hit their RDA and it's like they barely take a puff off of it and they get all the smoke I can never get it that way not that I'm a big cloud chaser or anything. I guess I just don't understand why it takes mine so long to an amp up. I have great batteries with a high amperage . What wattage do you recommend running a RDA at to get good flavor and clouds like that? I'm going to be shooting for no higher than a .2 I also was wondering is it better to use two coils or one? Or is it all just preference? Sorry for so many questions but I've just never been able to get it right I have the kit to make them just could never quite pull it off. Maybe I should have checked out that form before asking you so many questions Thank you
No it won't dilute it by half. Sorry I did not word it better. I just meant to end up with 3mg you should have a higher base for when you mix. It's not necessary to have that much it just makes the math a little easier. Again sry to confuse. I know how hard starting out can be and I should have been clearer.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Too hot for me, pool or no pool. Trying an exocet wick as soon as someone tells me how much .3 is in a 3ml syringe:blink:
.3 what? If it's on the 3ml syringe .3 would be just under 1 ml. Or are you trying to convert grams to milliliters?

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I'm trying a blue raspberry flavor for the first time ever. Never vaped blue raspberry before. Not terrible. Sweet. Some sour.

How sour can vapor get? I don't have much experience with that. I use Sour Wizard, FA I think, and some lemon and lime, pineapple flavorings that are a little sour, but what are some of the other sour flavors or additives/enhancers like and how strong can you make them?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm trying a blue raspberry flavor for the first time ever. Never vaped blue raspberry before. Not terrible. Sweet. Some sour.

How sour can vapor get? I don't have much experience with that. I use Sour Wizard, FA I think, and some lemon and lime, pineapple flavorings that are a little sour, but what are some of the other sour flavors or additives/enhancers like and how strong can you make them?
    INW Rhubarb which I don’t go over 1% with. Also TFA Acai which I’ve used up to 2%.I don’t use enhancers because they’ve never worked well for me. The king of sour flavors is plain TFA Cheesecake. Not cheesecake/graham or NY Cheesecake. Just plain Cheesecake. It is sour/bitter at 1% and gets worse from there. It’s a useful flavor to me. If I mix a cheesecake that’s a bit too sweet I can fix it.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Good morning :)
    Hope you all have a good day. Back out on the water with just a 2 man wrecking crew. 3rd guy is back at the shop dealing with the fish from yesterday. He naps a lot on truck and boat rides, so no naps for him today. Up to our eyeballs in fish and it's not even October yet, when the fish really start to fill up our nets.
    Rewicked my doggy the other day and revisiting the 3B cheesecake. Sooo good :thumbs:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning :)
    Hope you all have a good day. Back out on the water with just a 2 man wrecking crew. 3rd guy is back at the shop dealing with the fish from yesterday. He naps a lot on truck and boat rides, so no naps for him today. Up to our eyeballs in fish and it's not even October yet, when the fish really start to fill up our nets.
    Rewicked my doggy the other day and revisiting the 3B cheesecake. Sooo good :thumbs:
    Vaping the 3B myself this morning. So glad you like it :)

Good morning, bark:) I hope your day goes well.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I decided to take a vacation day Friday. There’s some landscaping clean up we’ve been meaning to do that I’m going to get done. Also, I’ve got some vacation days to use up so a four day week sounded good.

I’m still testing the custard mixes from the contest. Pretty sure I’m going to vote for the first one. The second has a little bit of a harshness to it and doesn’t taste as much like a custard.

Users who are viewing this thread