Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The Zeus x mesh rta. I have other rdas and rtas that take mesh but I haven’t tried them yet. Love the Zeus. It’s basically unscrewing two screws slightly to open the clamp, bend the mesh strip over the tool, stick both sides in the clamps, tighten screws. You can pull the cotton through like you do with coils...or you can leave one side unclamped and lay the cotton down then put the mesh over the cotton and clamp down by tightening the screw. So much easier than coils...especially a dual coil.
    So that is essentially for DL vaping?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You ever find yourself driving in the clouds on mountain roads there?

YES! It can get scary but I'm not the greatest driver anyway. I figure it equalizes us all. I should not say I am a poor driver, because I don't crash exactly much at all I just feel like I should (and so do my passengers apparently.)

The leaves, they are a changing into bEYOTEEEFUL colors. I have not seen this for real in like 13 years, I feel so lucky :)
    Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    YES! It can get scary but I'm not the greatest driver anyway. I figure it equalizes us all. I should not say I am a poor driver, because I don't crash exactly much at all I just feel like I should (and so do my passengers apparently.)

The leaves, they are a changing into bEYOTEEEFUL colors. I have not seen this for real in like 13 years, I feel so lucky :)
    Anna
    I love the beautiful leaves also. Too bad they’re a sign of winter.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeah, you’ve mentioned her before. Very unpleasant person.

She sucks! But, my husband told me mild strokes may improve the disposition! Here's hoping she got LOTS of atonement to do, "Left the Liberty Chicks for Witchcraft and proud of her ability to make small children cry just by looking at them."

Had I known that I would have gotten a family member at my wedding to stand up and say that there was a reason "These two should not wed" and the reason was my soon to be MIL was a witch who made kids cry and to ensure my child's safety they were gonna have to like, have a staring match right then in front of the minister to ensure the child's fortitude and safety." (I like interesting weddings, and my kid does not cry for witches, he cries when his pets die like a normal person.)

HOWEVER, if she gonna get all nice we will just HAVE to plan a visit, and how it would PAIN me to like, visit his family FIRST but OKAY.

@Territoo I am so sorry about your eyes! I have had many eye issues and they said I would go blind but I didn't. I am wishing the best for you. SURE, I ACT like I am blind sometimes but like that is more of a BRAIN problem than an input person.

I am glad the scale thing got sorted out :)

Anna

OMG if my husband, either of them, had REFUSED to eat my dinner over a fight?

Well that dinner would have ended up in bed, stuffed between the pillow and the pillowcase cover, mattress side;

With that said, my Russian maiden name (which got butchered when they moved to Aus they were like, "No one will be able to spell it." ) NO ONE can STILL spell it. OMG.; But any way, it meant "Thick necked" and not in the sense of you know rioded up weight lifters, but "proud, unwilling to bend, " etc. The husband likes it because he would muse that he needed a fine Russian Firebrand to keep him in check, only that nice Aussie convict stock comes in handy somtimes when I am like, "Oooh... do I REALLY want to be deported to another crazy island."

He knew I was completely nuts though, I make that clear early and often. I mean, sure, it might cost you some relationships in the long run, but it's really just best all around.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Too bad they don’t make a MTL version.
    Agreed. There is one : Damn Vape Intense Mesh 24mm MTL RDA , but I can't recommend it. I have not gotten good flavor out of it yet. Still got to play. I'm thinking it's my wicking ????

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Agreed. There is one : Damn Vape Intense Mesh 24mm MTL RDA , but I can't recommend it. I have not gotten good flavor out of it yet. Still got to play. I'm thinking it's my wicking ????
    It’s possible but I don’t want a dripper anyway.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    The Zeus x mesh rta. I have other rdas and rtas that take mesh but I haven’t tried them yet. Love the Zeus. It’s basically unscrewing two screws slightly to open the clamp, bend the mesh strip over the tool, stick both sides in the clamps, tighten screws. You can pull the cotton through like you do with coils...or you can leave one side unclamped and lay the cotton down then put the mesh over the cotton and clamp down by tightening the screw. So much easier than coils...especially a dual coil.
    Thank you!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    It's almost bedtime :(

I generally think sleeping is overrated but then some dumb doc like changes my meds and I don't really "sleep" for about a month and well, it's like NECESSARY FOR LIFE EVEN. I BEG for sleep.

IDK. I guess the lack of Ambien is going okay. It's weird though I have a SUPER hard time falling asleep with ANYONE in the room. This makes me think it's trauma related.

But, since it means more Clyde Lewis for him he don't much care, and frankly I have been therapized enough, It will probably go away on its own after a few months, why pay when I can just wait?

LOL way to like, ah, promote my own profession.

Anna

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    and I'm the opposite, never could get into tanks....though they've come a long way from where they were 7 - 8 years ago :lol:
    every tank I tried always leaked and flavor was muted
    bridgeless atties and the et dripper was the starting of the turning point for me
    I loved those ets but can't find them anymore, they weren't your typical dripper...they were elongated cone shaped and mtl because dl wasn't as big then :p and teeny tiny coils, ug always got the leads stuck in my thumbs....they were like needles....
    but sadly I couldn't find them anywhere anymore so had to move on to more standard rda's which meant airy, took awhile to get used to but now I can't do the tight draw anymore...

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    and I'm the opposite, never could get into tanks....though they've come a long way from where they were 7 - 8 years ago :lol:
    every tank I tried always leaked and flavor was muted
    bridgeless atties and the et dripper was the starting of the turning point for me
    I loved those ets but can't find them anymore, they weren't your typical dripper...they were elongated cone shaped and mtl because dl wasn't as big then :p and teeny tiny coils, ug always got the leads stuck in my thumbs....they were like needles....
    but sadly I couldn't find them anywhere anymore so had to move on to more standard rda's which meant airy, took awhile to get used to but now I can't do the tight draw anymore...

Coming from the days when all there was was pitiful cartridges that didn't work hardly at all, everybody dropped. Then came the invention of the driptips. Before that was stovepiping, putting your mouth directly on the atty. So the invention of the tank is akin to the invention of the car. Before that, we walked to school in the snow uphill both ways. If it's not a tank, then I'm squonking.

Krazys karma

Sep 10, 2020
    Louisville, kentucky
    I haven't used a drop-in since I started to build last year (wow, only a year ago). And I likely won't use one again till I can't build anymore.
    I have allot of stuff to build with but can never really get them to turn out. If I'm using a rda that holds 2 coils I would like them both to read 1.5 no higher than a . 2 any suggestions on how many wraps on a 3mm do you suggest? I have 24 and 26 guage⁴
    When I add flavorings to a bottle it can sometimes take 2 to 3 drops to a bottle before it starts to register and then it will jump to .03 grams. Flavorings have a higher specific gravity than water (water having a specific gravity of 1), so water may even need more drops in order to register on a scale like mine. This may be the case with yours as well.

It's obvious not all scales are created equal. :)

Also, just curious, do you have your scale set to weigh grams? I know you probably do.... just wanted to get that potential error out of the way.
    Thank you for the info. Yes everything was set correctly on grams. It was just having trouble reading down to the hundredths. So my gf went and got me a scale at Walmart it's supposed to read down to the hundredths as well. But it isn't don't know why. My other scale shows 0.0 not 0.00 . Well today I got one that reads great in talking like 2 drops of water and it reads it. They didn't have one that would read 5000g but it is ok. It will read up to almost 4oz I think. So what I'm gonna do is keep my original scales and the ones I got today. I'm going to take back the scale my gf got me I won't need it. So I will use the scale I got today for my flavors it little batches. And my other scale I can use it for bigger bottles or I can use it to weigh my pg/vg. Actually I think Im gonna make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and nic and just keep it pre made. I mean it's just me who is gonna be using the juice so I will most likely make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and 3% nic in it. Well I said that wrong when it is all said and done I want a pre made mix and I want it to be a 3mg. Do you think I will need to increase the amount of mls. of nic I'm going to put in the 300 ml. Bottle cuz I heard when you make a big bottle like that, that you lose some potency ? I no 100ml should be 3ml of nic so x that by 3 that would be 9ml of nic. For 300ml will I lose any of that? I will send a pic of the scale I got today and my original one. The one I'm talking back I'll send you a pic of that also. Just to show you what I've been working with and what I'm going to be using from here on out. The last pic are the ones I am keeping out will be using.
    20200927_200906.jpg
    20200927_200815.jpg
    20200928_181021.jpg

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I have allot of stuff to build with but can never really get them to turn out. If I'm using a rda that holds 2 coils I would like them both to read 1.5 no higher than a . 2 any suggestions on how many wraps on a 3mm do you suggest? I have 24 and 26 guage⁴

Thank you for the info. Yes everything was set correctly on grams. It was just having trouble reading down to the hundredths. So my gf went and got me a scale at Walmart it's supposed to read down to the hundredths as well. But it isn't don't know why. My other scale shows 0.0 not 0.00 . Well today I got one that reads great in talking like 2 drops of water and it reads it. They didn't have one that would read 5000g but it is ok. It will read up to almost 4oz I think. So what I'm gonna do is keep my original scales and the ones I got today. I'm going to take back the scale my gf got me I won't need it. So I will use the scale I got today for my flavors it little batches. And my other scale I can use it for bigger bottles or I can use it to weigh my pg/vg. Actually I think Im gonna make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and nic and just keep it pre made. I mean it's just me who is gonna be using the juice so I will most likely make a 300ml bottle of pg/vg and 3% nic in it. Well I said that wrong when it is all said and done I want a pre made mix and I want it to be a 3mg. Do you think I will need to increase the amount of mls. of nic I'm going to put in the 300 ml. Bottle cuz I heard when you make a big bottle like that, that you lose some potency ? I no 100ml should be 3ml of nic so x that by 3 that would be 9ml of nic. For 300ml will I lose any of that? I will send a pic of the scale I got today and my original one. The one I'm talking back I'll send you a pic of that also. Just to show you what I've been working with and what I'm going to be using from here on out. The last pic are the ones I am keeping out will be using. View attachment 909529 View attachment 909531 View attachment 909533
    24 gauge 6 wraps? Might be over .2....
    You can twist the 24 and 26 gauge together to make a lower resistance wire. 6 wraps on that might be under .2.
    Check out the Steam Engine website.

Users who are viewing this thread