Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You could sub an equal amount of a tobacco for the coffee or something similar. The recipe is open to minor changes. It's the WF Roasted Pecan that brings the yummyness.
Of that I have no doubt, I am vaping the WF Roasted Pecan now and it is yummy. But substitutions wasn't exactly what I was after....but thanks anyway........

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been putzing around trying to kill time. I have a half dozen mixes that will be 30 days steeped in a couple more days. I think I've already tried a bit of all of them.If memory serves me right then I liked at least a couple of them. Figure if a I mix a couple every day or two then I'll always have something to try. Good thought but it's not all that easy to find recipe ideas.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Dang, didn't get any mixing done today to prep for my vacation. :(
    Double dang, checked the long range forecast for my destination -- nice day, nice-ish day, thunderstorms

I told the husband I need to pack up my stuff to do some mixing while we're there. I even found a box that fits the organizers. Awesome luck!

Then I had to go and order another one. ;) There wasn't enough space for everything in the two I bought, but the flavors were either the replacement stock, ones I don't use much, or my vanillas, creams and additives (like marshmallow, brown sugar) that I keep in a cigar box. It didn't seem like a big problem at the time. I had to do it now - 1 more organizer will fill the box perfectly! :lol:

After a month of H*LL at work, I'm looking forward to my vacation come rain or come shine :thumbs: I just have to survive the next week. T-minus and counting!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Dang, didn't get any mixing done today to prep for my vacation. :(
    Double dang, checked the long range forecast for my destination -- nice day, nice-ish day, thunderstorms

I told the husband I need to pack up my stuff to do some mixing while we're there. I even found a box that fits the organizers. Awesome luck!

Then I had to go and order another one. ;) There wasn't enough space for everything in the two I bought, but the flavors were either the replacement stock, ones I don't use much, or my vanillas, creams and additives (like marshmallow, brown sugar) that I keep in a cigar box. It didn't seem like a big problem at the time. I had to do it now - 1 more organizer will fill the box perfectly! :lol:

After a month of H*LL at work, I'm looking forward to my vacation come rain or come shine :thumbs: I just have to survive the next week. T-minus and counting!
    Better make a list so you don't forget stuff.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Was craving something a bit more refreshing today so I got out my Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake that worked pretty well. I have a rough idea for a tobacco blend but I'd like to mix something a little out of the norm.Thinking of doing a fruit,a little chocolate and a touch of ABC.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Better make a list so you don't forget stuff.

Absolutely! My biggest fear - forget the nic :shock:
    I'm going to pre-pack a box for other stuff (PG/VG, my scale, a few syringes, bottles for the new mixes, and labels).

Charger, batteries in their cases, coil and wick supplies, current juice mixes, and spare drip tips get added after I top off my mods for the 3 hr drive. Those are the usual things that travel with me on vacation.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm going to pre-pack a box for other stuff (PG/VG, my scale, a few syringes, bottles for the new mixes, and labels).

Charger, batteries in their cases, coil and wick supplies, current juice mixes, and spare drip tips get added after I top off my mods for the 3 hr drive. Those are the usual things that travel with me on vacation.
    Sounds like you have a good plan:)

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

I was thinking I'd surely do that, forget either the nicotine or the VG.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    You could sub anything but the WF Roasted pecan.
    The recipe is open to minor changes. It's the WF Roasted Pecan that brings the yummyness.
    Of course, that is one of the two, I don't have.:(

I remember actually looking at that one during my last buying binge. But, I also needed to replenish my TFA Pecan, and the only size of that I could find in stock was 60mL. I ended up deleting the Roasted; as I thought that was a bit redundant.:oops:

That's what I get for thinkin'!:facepalm:

Now, for my wishlist; that is the WF Roasted Pecans & Cream... correct? I only seem to be able to find it at BCF. Even the WF home site isn't showing it. Perhaps it is just an temporary out-of-stock issue.

How does the WF differ from other Pecan concentrates you may have tried?
    Which case?
    I think @CosmicTruth was asking about the one in this (↓↓↓↓↓) image/post.
    O9ubkiV.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

I remember actually looking at that one during my last buying binge. But, I also needed to replenish my TFA Pecan, and the only size of that I could find in stock was 60mL. I ended up deleting the Roasted; as I thought that was a bit redundant.:oops:

Now, for my wishlist; that is the WF Roasted Pecans & Cream... correct? I only seem to be able to find it at BCF. Even the WF home site isn't showing it. Perhaps it is just an temporary out-of-stock issue.

"Now, for my wishlist; that is the WF Roasted Pecans & Cream... correct? I only seem to be able to find it at BCF."

Yes that is the one. However the label may just say Roasted Pecan. Mine was very dark and I wondered if there was cream in it, so I emailed BCF asking about it. She checked and said that there was cream in it. I told her I thought it was confusing because label did not match the description. She said they would say something to Wonder Flavors about getting the label fixed......

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Yes that is the one. However the label may just say Roasted Pecan. Mine was very dark and I wondered if there was cream in it, so I emailed BCF asking about it. She checked and said that there was cream in it. I told her I thought it was confusing because label did not match the description. She said they would say something to Wonder Flavors about getting the label fixed......
    Thank you for the explanation, Sugar. I can see how it could get confusing. I just now found it on the Wonder Flavours site. They don't have it listed with the other super concentrates. Instead, it is listed with the regular flavors. Looks like they need to work a bit on their marketing. In addition, I couldn't find a search function on their site... all rather perplexing.:confused:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    TY :thumbs:

Although, how I can still be missing 50% of the listed flavors, is a mystery.:facepalm:
    That makes me feel less deficient, since I’ve seen what you have!! I’m going to stop fretting about what I’m missing. Nah, who am I kidding?? not going to happen. That wish list will outlive me best I can tell

Reactions: FranC

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    What is Shisha? I keep seeing on flavors. Is it a tobacco flavor? Thanks
    In the most basic of answers; Shisha is a moist type of tobacco that is used with hookahs (water pipes). The tobacco is traditionally mixed with either honey, or molasses, and allowed to rest for a short period.

Today, in the fadish hookah bars that seem to have a small following; these tobaccos are often flavored with fruits, vanilla, etc.

As for shisha concentrates; I have only used two. Both are Inawera concentrates (Shisha Strawberry, and Shisha Vanilla). I have never detected a tobacco presence in the Shisha vanilla... but, I have also never used it above 1.0%.

INW Shisha Strawberry is a different story. My introduction to this concentrate, was via a recipe that used it at a whopping 18% (@AndriaD's Strawberries & Cream). This recipe had a small but enthusiastic fan base... I was new to DIY... so, I thought "why not?" At 18% it had a very distinct/recognizable taste/aroma of strawberry incense. Almost like there was a sandalwood undertone. As for the strawberry component; it was a sweet candy or jam like strawberry, and not the "real" fruit flavor I was hoping for.

That said, there are many that like to use Shisha Strawberry at much lower percentages, and they get no tobacco, or incense notes, to them whatsoever. For me; it is stuck in my head forever.:rolleyes:

I can only suggest, that you buy in the smallest possible quantities; until you decide if they might be for you, or not. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

That is correct on the WF Roasted pecan. I always forget the Cream because it isn't on my label. Correct full name is WF Roasted Pecan and Cream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread