Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I managed one mix and used more ABC than I intended to. That's never a bad thing though. Have a tester mix to do if I can manage not to screw it up...........

My sft's don't excite me today so I'll leave the rest those alone.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    You skipping August?

Just about finished July's stash. :) Made juice for August @ the beginning of July. :cool:
    480ml over 11 mixes, ready to go... :thumbs: I usually plan & mix a month in advance. :D I always add a few new ones into the mix during the month to play with... ;)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just about finished July's stash. :) Made juice for August @ the beginning of July. :cool:
    480ml over 11 mixes, ready to go... :thumbs: I usually plan & mix a month in advance. :D I always add a few new ones into the mix during the month to play with... ;)
    You're obviously more organized than I am. I tend to mix as I come up with the recipes. Ideally that would mean you always have something new to try but it doesn't always work out.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Well, I have a couple dozen mixes that I rotate through from month to month. I usually add 5 or 6 newish ones for variety. Some I like good enough to add to the rotation, others fall by the wayside. I usually mix my 3 simple tobaccos every couple of months as to always have some around. I do enjoy cheesecake recipes and have a couple of ideas to mix over the next few days. I'll post anything I come up with... :cool:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    When it comes to flavorings for eliquid, I think shisha means sweet. I have shisha strawberry, raspberry, and I think I got lime and kiwi last time. I got so many new flavors I forget easily. All of the shisha flavors I have tried solo seem to be fairly sweet. I tried the lime Tahiti(cold pressed) yesterday and it seemed kind of sweet. I tend to mix my single flavor testers a little high to make sure I can really taste them. Maybe I mixed the lime too high or my taste buds were just off yesterday.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    In the most basic of answers; Shisha is a moist type of tobacco that is used with hookahs (water pipes). The tobacco is traditionally mixed with either honey, or molasses, and allowed to rest for a short period.

Today, in the fadish hookah bars that seem to have a small following; these tobaccos are often flavored with fruits, vanilla, etc.

As for shisha concentrates; I have only used two. Both are Inawera concentrates (Shisha Strawberry, and Shisha Vanilla). I have never detected a tobacco presence in the Shisha vanilla... but, I have also never used it above 1.0%.

INW Shisha Strawberry is a different story. My introduction to this concentrate, was via a recipe that used it at a whopping 18% (@AndriaD's Strawberries & Cream). This recipe had a small but enthusiastic fan base... I was new to DIY... so, I thought "why not?" At 18% it had a very distinct/recognizable taste/aroma of strawberry incense. Almost like there was a sandalwood undertone. As for the strawberry component; it was a sweet candy or jam like strawberry, and not the "real" fruit flavor I was hoping for.

That said, there are many that like to use Shisha Strawberry at much lower percentages, and they get no tobacco, or incense notes, to them whatsoever. For me; it is stuck in my head forever.:rolleyes:

I can only suggest, that you buy in the smallest possible quantities; until you decide if they might be for you, or not. :)

Thanks I think I’ll skip it!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    IMG_20180726_085218470.jpg

Finished my new toy

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Well,I got my 2 mixes done today. Don't hold much hope for the second one but I mixed a 15ml anyway.Ya never know.

Wish my NR order would land somewhere. Very vaguely "in Transit".
    Sometimes you get surprised Fran. It may turn out good

Users who are viewing this thread