Random DIY mixing and More

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
dc,
I haven't tried FA bilberry but have read that it should be used in drops sparingly. Don't really know but thought it was worth mentioning. Also I read it can be used to boost blueberry.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

I am sure if I am wrong, someone will tell me.....lol

:)
As Fran said, its a good combo with blueberry. Its like a dark blueberry. It is strong and if you go high enough it will ruin anything its in.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@IDJoel You didn't get the Stixx A1 did you? Steeps in one week.
I did not. The only one I have, that had a suggested steep time, is the Havana Primed... and that is 2 weeks. I did see one (or more?) with the 1 week recommendation and that is what lead me to do the 72 hour tasting. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did not. The only one I have, that had a suggested steep time, is the Havana Primed... and that is 2 weeks. I did see one (or more?) with the 1 week recommendation and that is what lead me to do the 72 hour tasting. :)
    The A1 was the only one I saw with a suggested steep time of 1 week. I'm assuming at least a month on the others. Know nothing about the tea one you got.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The A1 was the only one I saw with a suggested steep time of 1 week. I'm assuming at least a month on the others. Know nothing about the tea one you got.
    There is an "official" Stixx Mixx mixer over on ELR. S/he goes by the user name of Stixx. I keep meaning to check out some of their recipes just to get an idea about aging.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There is an "official" Stixx Mixx mixer over on ELR. S/he goes by the user name of Stixx. I keep meaning to check out some of their recipes just to get an idea about aging.
    How do you search for a mixer on ELR? Can't find the function

• Love
    Reactions: NolaMel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    How do you search for a mixer on ELR? Can't find the function
    Just plug the user name in like it was a recipe.

For Stixx, I then needed to "sort" by clicking once on Author. Then click Autor a second time to reverse order (z-a). Stixx then appears, starting about 4th down, on page 2 of the search results.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I found his recipes but ain't seen nothing good yet..............
    I'm not as interested in the recipes as is (though it never hurts to get ideas), as much as I wanted to see if they offered any suggested steep times. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm not as interested in the recipes as is (though it never hurts to get ideas), as much as I wanted to see if they offered any suggested steep times. :)
    I didn't see anything usefull. He seems to have a limited supply of Stixx mixes.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I did that much easier but please don't ask how.......But anyway I didn't get any help from Mr Stixx
    I just now found 4, that had suggested steep times attached, and they ranged from 3 days to 2 weeks.

The Apribacco Surprise looked interesting to me... apricot has sounded interesting to me lately. Of course I don't have any; but it is on my list.:facepalm:

I will apply subs (not buying any more tobaccos at this time), and likely rework the custard part (not big on most custards), but it gives me a loose framework to start. :D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I didn't see anything usefull. He seems to have a limited supply of Stixx mixes.
    I don't know if it is limited access, or just hasn't worked with them much yet. I don't know who the person is (whether they are an owner, employee, or just an enthusiastic customer). I just know they are linked on the Stixx website (under "Mixing with Stixx"). I guess time will tell. :)
    I'm not sure if I'll be looking for recipes for the Stixx stuff. Want to see if hubs likes them first. He pretty much likes just tobacco in his tobaccos although he does like a couple of vendor fruit baccys.
    I agree. They are pretty spendy. And, if they are no better than tried-and-true synthetics (INW, HS, SC) that I already have, I doubt I'll pursue much further. My shopping fever got the better of me... :blush::D

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    @FranC - The last I checked a gallon of PG at our local Tractor Supply...it was $22/gallon. It might vary though from place to place.

I get my gallons of PG (8lb.) & VG (10lb.) from Bulk Apothecary...always have. I've regularly compared total price for them (item cost + S/H) from ED, BA, and ED through Amazon. Even with Prime, the total price has been less at BA each time. IDJoel and others get all of theirs from them, too. You might want to compare total prices before ordering.
    Currently Bulk A. =$18.52 gallon(8lb) and $12.96 cheapest ship(UPS) to Illinois downstate

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I pulled out a pile of flavors for tomorrow. I intended to do a pink champagne, but I’ve got a pile of recipes. Which pink champagne is the best to try first?

FW Pink Champagne is the Queen of Champagnes and I put it in a lot of recipes if I want a perception of fizz.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    He seems to have a limited supply of Stixx mixes.
    I don't know if it is limited access, or just hasn't worked with them much yet. I don't know who the person is (whether they are an owner, employee, or just an enthusiastic customer). I just know they are linked on the Stixx website (under "Mixing with Stixx"). I guess time will tell. :)
    I have an update for anyone who cares (re: Stixx Mixx):
    After some back and forth emails with (it turned out to be the owner) Ty, at Stixx Mixx; I can confirm that Stixx (on ELR) is Ty himself. So, @FranC, the recipes (or lack thereof) are not due to lack of product.

Further, when I asked him about steep times he replied with the following:
    "Hey Joel...the N.E.T.s are pre-steeped, use them as you would any other flavorings. Stand alone they should be fine to mix without steep time, add other flavors, and steep as you would any other mix. I am the owner of Stixx Mixx...my name is Ty."

I am not sure that I entirely believe that; but at least that is the official position. As always... time will tell.:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have an update for anyone who cares (re: Stixx Mixx):
    After some back and forth emails with (it turned out to be the owner) Ty, at Stixx Mixx; I can confirm that Stixx (on ELR) is Ty himself. So, @FranC, the recipes (or lack thereof) are not due to lack of product.

Further, when I asked him about steep times he replied with the following:
    "Hey Joel...the N.E.T.s are pre-steeped, use them as you would any other flavorings. Stand alone they should be fine to mix without steep time, add other flavors, and steep as you would any other mix. I am the owner of Stixx Mixx...my name is Ty."

I am not sure that I entirely believe that; but at least that is the official position. As always... time will tell.:)
    Well,that's interesting to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread