Random DIY mixing and More

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I ended up ordering 30oz since I’ll use it quite a bit too. What’s your lemonade recipe your using. I have a couple of lemons and strawberry lemonade too. But can’t seem to get the pucker factor right. Maybe the Sweet & Tart will help.

I'm not sure you can get a pucker out of vaping. I know with TFA Sour you break into chemical before that happens.
I don't try to go for a feel like eating something. I go for a hint of eating something.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's what I tried to explain far back by using nicotine as the example. You can't make a 6mg recipe with a 6mg base. You will be adding other stuff to the base and therefore diluting it.
    Yes,but I don't care about being precise.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I'm looking for the easiest way out. 8-9 weeks is a long time to steep. I intend to make all 30ml mixes with the steeped cream. At 1.5% that is .45 in 30ml. What if I put .45ml of the cream in several 5ml bottles to steep?? Then just pour them into the 30ml for the recipes once steeped. I don't care if the % is a bit off.

Just need to make your "base" stronger, so when it's diluted into a new mix, you hit the right (or close) %.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I actually do mix my nic base over 6% so I'm covered for any flavoring I put in. I'm not a real fussy mixer. In a lot of cases close enough is good enough. Such is the case of the HA Cream. I'm not worried at all about it being a tad off. Close enough.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ended up ordering 30oz since I’ll use it quite a bit too. What’s your lemonade recipe your using. I have a couple of lemons and strawberry lemonade too. But can’t seem to get the pucker factor right. Maybe the Sweet & Tart will help.

My current one is very simple. 6% each of purilum lemonade and strawberry lemonade. I have found that over time the flavors fade more so than the old recipe. The old one was high flavor mix from the Dropbox file on the tfa thread. I think I still have a bottle in my cabinet so I should get it out to see how much it faded.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve noticed in some of the recipes like the one Fran is working on that there are some odd percentages. How does one mix such small percentages? I like round numbers when it comes time to mix sft I often do 100dts to test flavors and recipes but have noticed since I started doing that with all of the sft’s that I’ve mixed that I end up with different amounts in the bottles even though I counted the same number of drops and used the same bottles except for the flavoring. When I do 30-60ml mixed then I use syringes and come out pretty consistently.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’ve noticed in some of the recipes like the one Fran is working on that there are some odd percentages. How does one mix such small percentages? I like round numbers when it comes time to mix sft I often do 100dts to test flavors and recipes but have noticed since I started doing that with all of the sft’s that I’ve mixed that I end up with different amounts in the bottles even though I counted the same number of drops and used the same bottles except for the flavoring. When I do 30-60ml mixed then I use syringes and come out pretty consistently.
    I use 1ml syringes for the small %

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    @Letitia ,thanks for a new obsession :wub:! I’m loving the sweet rice. What do you mix yours with?
    Still working up a couple recipes Mel. Wanting to try a jasmine plum mix but waiting to see how bad the plum fade is I've read about. Haven't ordered the horchata yet for a creamy rice pudding. Thinking about adding a touch to a pecan ice cream too. Have 23 mixes mixed so took a break for a week to spread out the steepers. I'll let you know when I get the percentages worked out. Couple of the new mixes are a touch over flavored so it must be time to lower flavor % again. I did mix the sf tester with some sb and that was a touch too sweet after about half a tank, thinking dark fruits next time for a simple 2-3 flavor mix. What are you thinking sounds good when you vape the sweet rice?

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I now have a bunch of HA Italian Cream steeping along with 5-6 mixed recipes with the cream. I actually haven't even tasted it yet. Wouldn't it be a beeeeech if I hate the stuff..............

With the threat of RF VG taking too long to steep for me I'm contemplating mixing the stand alone flavors in 200ml-300ml batches to use the whole 30ml bottles at once, leave them sit out a month or two and then stick everything in the freezer.
    But I'm going to wait to make sure I like them and have the percentage down first.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    With the threat of RF VG taking too long to steep for me I'm contemplating mixing the stand alone flavors in 200ml-300ml batches to use the whole 30ml bottles at once, leave them sit out a month or two and then stick everything in the freezer.
    But I'm going to wait to make sure I like them and have the percentage down first.
    Be a good idea before mixing so much.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Still working up a couple recipes Mel. Wanting to try a jasmine plum mix but waiting to see how bad the plum fade is I've read about. Haven't ordered the horchata yet for a creamy rice pudding. Thinking about adding a touch to a pecan ice cream too. Have 23 mixes mixed so took a break for a week to spread out the steepers. I'll let you know when I get the percentages worked out. Couple of the new mixes are a touch over flavored so it must be time to lower flavor % again. I did mix the sf tester with some sb and that was a touch too sweet after about half a tank, thinking dark fruits next time for a simple 2-3 flavor mix. What are you thinking sounds good when you vape the sweet rice?
    Honestly, I’m loving it with the FW caramel cinnamon roll (which is more roll and just light cinnamon). Maybe a cheesecake? Not sure I want to muddy it with a fruit. Might try fig. Ok, honestly...No idea. I just like the “rice” flavor of it. Dessert flavors are virgin territory for me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm looking for the easiest way out. 8-9 weeks is a long time to steep. I intend to make all 30ml mixes with the steeped cream. At 1.5% that is .45 in 30ml. What if I put .45ml of the cream in several 5ml bottles to steep?? Then just pour them into the 30ml for the recipes once steeped. I don't care if the % is a bit off.

I did not desert you......I am trying to figure the best way to make what is know as a stone with the HA. At this point I am not trusting my figures.

My thinking is to put what is equal to 1.5% into each ml of that 5ml bottle so you can use it 5 times. So if each ml = 1.5%(.45ml) then .45ml x 5 would = 2.25ml and add nic base 2.75 ml.

Then you would only have to use 1ml per each 30ml bottle to = the 1.5% in a 30ml bottle. BUT I want someone else....like Joel to check and analyze this. Don't know why I am so foggy tonight, just am.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did not desert you......I am trying to figure the best way to make what is know as a stone with the HA. At this point I am not trusting my figures.

My thinking is to put what is equal to 1.5% into each ml of that 5ml bottle so you can use it 5 times. So if each ml = 1.5%(.45ml) then .45ml x 5 would = 2.25ml and add pg 2.75 ml.

Then you would only have to use 1ml per each 30ml bottle to = the 1.5% in a 30ml bottle. BUT I want someone else....like Joel to check and analyze this. Don't know why I am so foggy tonight, just am.
    I'm always foggy. It will take me a minute to get that one through my head

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hi @Sugar_and_Spice, and @FranC. I just finished up the cook, eat, clean, regiment of dinner. Sorry for being late to the party yet again. I was only gone a couple of hours and when I returned, I'm 3 1/2 pages behind. Good Grief!:facepalm:

I've read through the posts, but it is gonna take me a few, to formulate a reply. I will be back as quick as I can.:blush::D

Users who are viewing this thread