Random DIY mixing and More

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Things must have come together somehow today cause I got through trying several juices. Got some fails and some wins. vaping an older Strawberry Cheesecake that's rather tasty right now.

Looking through my mixed recipes and found one that really puzzles me. Guava Cheesecake with no Guava in it...................

I was going to mix a Red Watermelon today only to find there was NO watermelon just Wild Melons Lol! Unless I transcribed it incorrectly something wasn’t right! I decided to change the name to Red Wild Melons and make it lol!! Came out pretty good too!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I've been playing with this for awhile and think I'm done.

Cereal Bites Cheesecake
HA Italian Cream 1.5%
Cap Cereal 27 1.5%
INW Biscuit .75%
Cap NY Cheesecake 2.5%
FA Pom 2%
INW Rhubarb 1%

Due to the length of steeping and the fruit fade I'm not adding the fruit to it til much later.
Ok Here is the break down for you.....see if your numbers match

Cereal Bites Cheesecake
HA Italian Cream 1.5% add .30 ml
Cap Cereal 27 1.5% = .45 ml
INW Biscuit .75% = .23 ml
Cap NY Cheesecake 2.5% = .75 ml
FA Pom 2% = .60 ml
INW Rhubarb 1% = .30 ml

and since you use a premix of nic/pg/vg just fill the bottom to where you normally do with those ingredients.

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok Here is the break down for you.....see if your numbers match

Cereal Bites Cheesecake
    HA Italian Cream 1.5% add .30 ml
    Cap Cereal 27 1.5% = .45 ml
    INW Biscuit .75% = .23 ml
    Cap NY Cheesecake 2.5% = .75 ml
    FA Pom 2% = .60 ml
    INW Rhubarb 1% = .30 ml

and since you use a premix of nic/pg/vg just fill the bottom to where you normally do with those ingredients.

Oh,we've had a misunderstanding. That's just a regular mix.

Now I have 30 ml of HA Cream mixed at 1.5%. This will have to steep for 8 weeks at which point I'll want to use it in mixes at 1.5%. The recipes will be 30ml. Sooooo how much of the steeped cream do I put in a 30ml bottle to still have 1.5% in my recipes.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Did you use the PEG400 in place of the pg you normally use?

No, I used the PEG in place of the VG. I guess I misunderstood the use of the PEG.

Would Sour Wizard be a good substitute for the tart in TPA Sweet & Tart? Or not so much?

How do I not have a tart flavor? My goodness! I love tart and sour flavors.

I like sour flavors too and keep a big bottle of the sweet and tart on hand. I used it for a long time in a lemonade recipe. I'm starting to to get a little tired of my purilum lemonade and strawberry lemonade so I may go back to the old one.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    No, I used the PEG in place of the VG. I guess I misunderstood the use of the PEG.

PEG is really a substitute for PG. It seems to work for the ones of us that cant tolerate PG

I like sour flavors too and keep a big bottle of the sweet and tart on hand. I used it for a long time in a lemonade recipe. I'm starting to to get a little tired of my purilum lemonade and strawberry lemonade so I may go back to the old one.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

Now I have 30 ml of HA Cream mixed at 1.5%. This will have to steep for 8 weeks at which point I'll want to use it in mixes at 1.5%. The recipes will be 30ml. Sooooo how much of the steeped cream do I put in a 30ml bottle to still have 1.5% in my recipes.
    No misunderstanding. If you note the amount of HA cream you are adding in to equal the 1.5% in a 30ml mix.

You already have 10ml of already steeped HA cream. You are using one third of that in a new mix.

1.5% in a 30 ml mix = .45ml (normally)
    You have in 10ml already = .15ml so to boost it to equal a 30 ml bottle you need to add the the other 2/3.

And yes the other ingredients do not need fixing.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No misunderstanding. If you note the amount of HA cream you are adding in to equal the 1.5% in a 30ml mix.

You already have 10ml of already steeped HA cream. You are using one third of that in a new mix.

You have in 10ml already = .15ml so to boost it to equal a 30 ml bottle you need to add the the other 2/3.

I think I have that.......

Reactions: NolaMel

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

@FranC

Remember when you add the additional nic/pg/vg you are effectively reducing the original amount of flavoring by 2/3 so you need to add that back in. The steep should go quicker since it is now considered seeded with the already steeped 10ml

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC

Remember when you add the additional nic/pg/vg you are effectively reducing the original amount of flavoring by 2/3 so you need to add that back in. The steep should go quicker since it is now considered seeded with the already steeped 10ml
    So I would add an additional .15%

Reactions: NolaMel

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

Fran,
    You could just add all of the rest of the flavoring to the entire 30ml of steeped HA. Problem with that is you now do not really have the numbers/% you are wanting to use. Since total flavoring will reduce the volume/OR/ make more of the mix that you want or will fit into the bottle.

Lets ask @IDJoel to join and see his opinion.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

Going back to Fran's issue it was to try to use to use less VG to lower sweetness because it's thicker than PG, rather than trying 100% PG which would be harsh. I think that was the gist of it.
    Normally it's to replace PG for the PG sensitive. I don't trust trying it because I don't have a good time drinking PEG 3350 in the same way I don't do good vaping PG. Since my 80VG/10DW/10PG Flavoring works I don't want to mess with a good thing.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Fran,
    You could just add all of the rest of the flavoring to the entire 30ml of steeped HA. Problem with that is you now do not really have the numbers/% you are wanting to use. Since total flavoring will reduce the volume/OR/ make more of the mix that you want or will fit into the bottle.

Lets ask @IDJoel to join and see his opinion.
    Yes,I could do that but I'm looking to get more than one mix out of it if possible

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

I ended up ordering 30oz since I’ll use it quite a bit too. What’s your lemonade recipe your using. I have a couple of lemons and strawberry lemonade too. But can’t seem to get the pucker factor right. Maybe the Sweet & Tart will help.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm looking for the easiest way out. 8-9 weeks is a long time to steep. I intend to make all 30ml mixes with the steeped cream. At 1.5% that is .45 in 30ml. What if I put .45ml of the cream in several 5ml bottles to steep?? Then just pour them into the 30ml for the recipes once steeped. I don't care if the % is a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread