Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So true but you cant mix for a specific tank unless thats the only tank you will ever use. I test in a hadlay and I know darn well it will be different in any of my tanks. I never design a recipe for a specific thing (tank, dripper so on). You just have to stick to a middle ground and go from there.
    Yes,I much agree with that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I still didn't try the 2 mixes that I could have and I have only 3 days before a bunch are ready to try. Hopefully I can get to at least one tomorrow. The 2 I mixed today don't need much for steeping. Haven't mixed the other 2 yet. Can't get much interest up for last try on a few more testers.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    All of my mixing lately has been focused on using VTA Botanical Gin. I have a Cranberry Gin that I am pretty happy with and a Gin & Tonic I like. I mixed up a couple of test batches of both with a minor change. I might be able to test the Cranberry Gin tomorrow and can post the recipe I like best. The Gin & Tonic needs a week. I also mixed two versions of a Basil Gimlet and they need at least a week to 10 days before I can test them. Recipes are coming but I wanted to try several things before I posted recipes. I know that all of you will tweak them anyway but still wanted to post what are the best possible versions to my taste.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    All of my mixing lately has been focused on using VTA Botanical Gin. I have a Cranberry Gin that I am pretty happy with and a Gin & Tonic I like. I mixed up a couple of test batches of both with a minor change. I might be able to test the Cranberry Gin tomorrow and can post the recipe I like best. The Gin & Tonic needs a week. I also mixed two versions of a Basil Gimlet and they need at least a week to 10 days before I can test them. Recipes are coming but I wanted to try several things before I posted recipes. I know that all of you will tweak them anyway but still wanted to post what are the best possible versions to my taste.
    Look forward to the recipes. My order is on the way.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Since the topic of gear came up, I thought I’d mention that I found that the enthion delivered much more flavor than my rta tanks but the ammit mtl rda delivers close to the same flavor as my Zeus tanks so I’m going to start sampling flavors and recipes with the ammit.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So true but you cant mix for a specific tank unless thats the only tank you will ever use. I test in a hadlay and I know darn well it will be different in any of my tanks. I never design a recipe for a specific thing (tank, dripper so on). You just have to stick to a middle ground and go from there.
    I do adjust some flavors if I mix for dripping. I have to use a different nic base too so not a big deal to adjust flavors too.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I do adjust some flavors if I mix for dripping. I have to use a different nic base too so not a big deal to adjust flavors too.
    If I only mixed for me I probably would to. I have certain recipes I have made just for certain friends that I cant vape. If you develop recipes for a shop you kind of have to split the difference so to speak.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Back to the discussion about mixing for hardware a few hundred pages ago.
    What I test/tweek in a dripper isn't going to taste the same in a tank and a flavor that's muted on a SubTank may be strong in one of the modern tanks.

True that’s why I mix based on what atty or type of atty I use the most. I mainly use RDAs single and dual coil so that’s where I aim the recipe I’m making. I like a lot of flavor so it actually tastes great in the tanks I use which are mainly the Supreme v2 and the Cascade for drop in coils.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    :headbang:
    I've had my Enthion for several days now and haven't coiled it yet. Can you tell how excited I am about a dripper??:lol:

Once I started dripping there was no turning back for me lol! I’m an RDA addict now :headbang: :lol: !!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Since the topic of gear came up, I thought I’d mention that I found that the enthion delivered much more flavor than my rta tanks but the ammit mtl rda delivers close to the same flavor as my Zeus tanks so I’m going to start sampling flavors and recipes with the ammit.

I love the Enthion. I have two clones and the flavor is fantastic!!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Do the gin mixes taste like actual gin?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If I only mixed for me I probably would to. I have certain recipes I have made just for certain friends that I cant vape. If you develop recipes for a shop you kind of have to split the difference so to speak.
    I only mix for myself, Meg and very occasionally Mark. We all are at completely different places in regards to flavor %, nic, and bases. Uniformity is pretty much a non issue for me.:lol:

Can understand why you wouldn't want to be bothered changing it up for yourself.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Do the gin mixes taste like actual gin?

VTA Botanical Gin tastes like a good, high-end gin. Their tonic tastes like tonic water. Both are surprisingly authentic. It takes about a week of steeping to get all of the bitter quinine flavor from the tonic, but it does come out.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Don't shake your syringe around because you're amazed at how much .6ml of INW Chocolate Cream darkened .9ml of INW Raspberry or you can't see your lines any more.

The new watermelon smells like watermelon so at least I won't be trying to taste watermelon in it.

And so far I'm pretty sure I haven't forgot to click the make recipe button that adds the date and adjusts inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread