The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My recipe search last night was focused on Peanut Butter so I have 4 recipes with pb and 1 tea. One is a Cereal bar that's just using the pb as an accent flavor. My hopes are to get that and the tea mixed today.

My main focus is trying the Stixx A+ and I'll be filling a tank shortly.

I'm still killing time til the next wave of mixes.Just 3 more days now. Lazy really helps too. I haven't even tried the 2 mixes I can try now:lol:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Fran you were right, the VTA chocolate mousse is so good. Not sure if I will even use it in a mix. Going to mix a sf for the tank and see how it does. For myself dripping testers isn't accurate to how something will taste in the rtas.

The VTA chocolate base clear is a good nondescript chocolate. I'm thinking a coffee mix will benefit from adding it in.

WF chocolate chunks I am liking as well. It and the VTA chocolate base should be a useful pairing. Might be a chocolate ic cone recipe added to the never ending to mix list.

• Like Like x 7
  3. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So glad you like them. Glad you mentioned the Chocolate Base. I think I'll skip that per your description. The VT Dark Chocolate is very good also. I have the Chocolate Custard coming. Thinking that will be my last (Outside of the HA Australian Chocolate) I really have a ton of chocolates..............

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Early in our vaping journey we were all tobacco to start and I tried several NET's. They are,by nature, dark flavors. The Stixx A+ is clear as a bell and IMO this is not a NET. It does however have a distinct tobaccoish flavor. Going to try it out on hubs now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well,I'm my own with the Stixx. The no taste effect of chemo has come back and hubs can't taste much.

• Love Love x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Honey Guava Tea and Cereal 27 Bar mixed. Nixed one pb recipe and have 2 under consideration.

• Like Like x 6
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Somehow I got PUT back on this thread, forcibly by alerts. @DancingHeretik I hope your move smooths out some, oy. I may do testers today, I think I MIGHT because the husband had a giant meltdown and now doesn't want to move, but like, HE was pushing it, even BEFORE I got the job!! I had to tell him to shut up several times because frankly it was enough pressure ALREADY. I never once said, "Oh, I want to move as fast as possible!!!" Until he had insisted on it so repeatedly that like, I was like, "Okay, might as well get it over with man, I mean, he's not going to shut up about it OBVIOUSLY."

And in the process of his giant tantrummy meltdown he also told me he had not been taking his sleep med after I JUST got back wasting some of MY valuable psychiatrist time, addressing his "Propanalol sleep med depression," AND stopped at the pharmacy for a long time to FILL IT.

I have no CLUE why on earth anyone would behave that way, frankly. I was like, "I'm not MAD at you, but why would you LIE about everything to like THINK you are making me happy, only to make me MISERABLE for days on end and force me to spend like a WHOLE day driving around Cochese County looking at stuff when I will be making that drive SOON enough and you criticized my driving the whole time and if YOU don't want to move, well, guess what, we don't HAVE to move, or WE could PAY ALL OUR DEBT for a couple years and reevaluate THEN!""

Holy Christ, "I though I was doing what was best for you," he said. I was like, "It is definitely not in my best interests for you to LIE to me repeatedly and THEN act possessed by Satan the more you agree with your plans, and NO WONDER my pdoc looked "confused" by my speech I bet he didn't lie to him. Probably.. Maybe not.

Then he was like "You're a compassionate social worker why can't you be nicer to meeeee!!!"
    And I was like, "YOUR therapist FIRED you is what happened. And, I also dislike when my clients lie to me, in fact, sometimes I reported them to CPS! So you are actually getting like, this gentle, spousal treatment because trust me I'd be yelling louder!"

Also, am very relieved at the need to not move At Once, starting new job is Hard Enough if you ask me, but he really needs to knock it off.

Also, like, maybe I won't mix, vitriol is never pleasant in a mix, I am TOTALLY a proponent of the energy you have at the given time totally affects everything in a mix, mine would probably all taste like wormwood and belladonna. LOL.

But, I also can just relax today instead of being all like, "I must MOVE immediately."

Oh, husband was all penitent but I just do not for the love of god understand the behavior. It's impossible to work with a person who is all manipulating you and "trying to make you happy" (which is the opposite of happy) and yea, we'll just see if the penitence lasts.

I did not know whether to go to an AA meeting or an al-anon meeting but settled on al-anon, given that I wanted to STRANGLE him.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    here’s where I’m at with the pear n apple recipe. My goal is a strong forward pear flavor with apple coming in 2nd,a light to medium mouthfeel or density with the marshmallow and a tad of kiwi to “brighten” the mix up.

Pear Signature 5%
    Pear FA 4%.(Yeah I ordered more flavors :rolleyes:)
    Fuji Apple FA 3%
    Marshmallow FA 1%
    Kiwi FA 1%

I used ELR notes as a jumping off point for these %s. I actually like a higher flavor percentage but is I read again and again on here - it’s easier to add flavor than try to dilute a mix.

Suggestions definitely appreciated.

sara

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  9. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Pear is one of those delicate flavors thats really easy to obliterate so you have to be really careful with pairings. Im not a fan of TFA per say but it has a use as a backup. If this one doesnt turn out the way you want switch the pears. I do 4%FA and 1.5TFA.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    To keep it pear forward I would drop the Fuji to 1%. I would drop the the TFA Pear to 4% and the FA pear to 2%. FA kiwi is fairly strong maybe start it at .5%.
    Edit to add, I would wait on the marshmallow, pear is fairly sweet on it's own.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I agree with the other 2 suggestions and offer 1 more for the mouth feel. Instead of marshmallow, try 0.25-0.5 % of Cotton candy(cotton candy is em) Gives the mouth feel without a lot of added sweetness.

:)

• Like Like x 6
  12. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Ok so ....

Pear FA 3-4%
    Pear TFA 1.5-2%
    Fuji FA 1%
    Cotton candy .5%
    Kiwi FA .5%

I’ll mix up 10 mls and see how it turns out.

• Like Like x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I've decided not to mix, but I'm coiling a few atomizers here soon and trying some of my NEW mixes in them. I am particularly excited about my coco-rasberry and I hope it doesn't taste horribly terrible sweet, but it was sort of DESIGNED to be sweet.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I fully expect to be "spitting into the wind." But, my swiss cheese logic, just won't let go of the idea that there is a "fix" for sweet.

Thanks for being a good sport; and giving it a shot!:D
    Glad to; PM replied. :D:wub::D

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Always willing to at least try a fix:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    This is what I have for a Watermelon Medley without ordering anything.

VG 80%
    Watermelon INW 1%
    Watermelon Candy TFA 3%
    Pineapple TFA 2%
    Blueberry SC RF 1%
    Bahraini Apple Gold INW 1%
    Wintergreen TFA 1%
    Lemon TFA .5%
    Sour TFA .5%
    DW 10%

I'm not sure about any of it, probably require a tweak or five.
    But first some rewicks, dishes and pickles to make room on the counter.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good luck:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Man, I rewicked my doggy and my new to me Zenith arrived. There is something somehow wrong with it, my new coco/rasberry thing creation, it's not the taste exactly, but it somehow seems "dry" and "naturalish" but also a bit too sweet.

I'm considering adding some guava, some "smooth" wizard to it, (that's my usual happy fix) but it needs SOMETHING, maybe even just a bit of marshmallow or something to give it some mouthyness.

I like my mixes mouthy and I'm also calmed down as I am realizing I will not have to go through forced crazed bootcamp move as I start a new job. LOL that would have been really stressful. I'm glad the husband cracked before we put a down payment on something that would have REALLY sucked.

I will reevaluate in 6 months or whatever, and etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  19. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Coconut or coco=chocolate?
    Although I was worried about muting the berry bite I added a bit of MTS to my chocolate raspberry to give it some mouth feel.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  20. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    There are lots of differences, when comparing a Zenith, to a Doggy. So, getting a different perception of the same e-liquid, is not unexpected.

Remember, to take some time, and experiment with both power and airflow; to see if you can dial in a "better" (to you) vape. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2