Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
That car brings back memories. My mom drove a '66 Fury III when I was growing up. It was white with black vinyl interior. Try getting into that during a Texas summer. If you were wearing shorts you could literally burn the back of your legs on the seats.
I bet those seats were hot during Texas summers.

I will never forget how we used to pack 5-6 friends in the trunk of my Fury III when we went to the drive-in movies. Fun times. :D

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Well I just had to try cookie with my yogurt but IMO a cookie flavor does not belong in a yogurt mix.No like. Moving on to my Black Currant Yogurt.

Can’t win them all. I actually considered that one iffy.
So we won't be calling it "Cookie Yogurt Mega-Super-Awesome Taste Explosion", then?

Reactions: FranC

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
My favorite vehicle was my 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX. It had 400+ hp, all wheel drive; just a very fun car to drive:
MMSHOW-232_2.png

I like my truck a lot, it's a 2017 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab...
I love the blue paint job on your Impreza.

After my '72 Grand Prix, and several speeding tickets, all vehicles have been pickup trucks or very comfy family cars.

My current vehicle is a 1995 Toyota Avalon XL bought from a grandpa down the block from me. Got it in 2012, paid $3200, and it still had the new car smell. It was his deceased wife's car that they only drove on Sunday's to church, the local bakery and back. I just turned 80,000 miles on it. It'll likely last me until I go to the great beyond.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I would never laugh! I’ve had a lot of cars over the years, but the one I remember most fondly is a used conversion van my husband surprised me with for our 11th anniversary. I hated it IMMEDIATELY. It was 9+ feet tall, too wide for parking spots and got 8 mpg. He bought it from our mechanic from an estate of a gentleman in the produce business with “questionable associates” (along the lines of al capone types). It was maxed out with every gadget and luxury possible, down to the seats he had made by the Lear jet people. But it was a great vehicle for that time in our lives. It’s also the reason I got banned from our local Arby’s :lol:.
I think this is the 3rd time you've teased me with your van, and no photo! ;) :lol:

And now I want to know the story behind getting banned from Arby's. :D

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    When I was in the army, I bought a 1989 Nissan pickup. It was only a year and a half old when I bought it from a guy that bought it and couldn't afford the payments. Had a guy put a drop kit on it and some 50 series wheels and tires. Then had a friend in the army that used to install stereos so had him put in 8 speakers in the cab, 18" sub woofers in the bed under a cover, some amps and a crossover. My friend and I would drive through the parking lot at the mall with the bass hitting and would set off car alarms that were too sensitive. We would laugh our heads off.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Well that might depend . . .

gallery_medium.jpg
    I would have been ticketed with my 70's French Jeunet road bike. 10 mph, too slow for me. :D

My Jeunut was like so, except it was a gorgeous purple.
    842d52c6f71c1b27d3ac88ee882e2566.jpg

You could pick it up with your pinkie! Speed was my friend.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    fa honey 1.5%
    You're very brave. I would never go that high or even use a single drop of FA Honey in a mix. But it works for ya, awesome. :)

FA Honey is one of FlavourArt's strongest and most highly concentrated flavors. Many people dilute it down significantly. As little as 0.25% can easily overwhelm a recipe.

:wub: @Katya gave me the best tip for using FA Honey. Take a toothpick, dip it in the bottle, lift and allow any drops to go back into the bottle and then insert the toothpick into your mix for a minute or so. She is spot-on.

FA Honey is really good and super accurate.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Thanks for the link. I think I'm going to order it. It would be fun to learn some of that stuff.
    That's awesome! You'll be the only person I know that is in to it, maybe we can learn from and help each other. There are online communities out there that are supposedly very welcoming and helpful(very much akin to ECF), but I haven't checked in to it yet.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    You're very brave. I would never go that high or even use a single drop of FA Honey in a mix. But it works for ya, awesome. :)

FA Honey is one of FlavourArt's strongest and most highly concentrated flavors. Many people dilute it down significantly. As little as 0.25% can easily overwhelm a recipe.

:wub: @Katya gave me the best tip for using FA Honey. Take a toothpick, dip it in the bottle, lift and allow any drops to go back into the bottle and then insert the toothpick into your mix for a minute or so. She is spot-on.

FA Honey is really good and super accurate.
    that's really good to know...I don't use it often and yeah usually only like a drop or two in a 50ml bottle, but for the fried ice cream I felt it needed more to it to give it that fried glazed taste

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    ohh coding, so much fun....
    ug...every freaking time I forget a , or ; or '
    and then spend hours trying to figure it out

yeah I never really took classes, well I mean I did kind of back in middle school and high school but really everything I learned was on my own with trial and error
    for my pc repair and installation class/networking we were supposed to create a website, I looked at my teacher and was like um, I already have one can I just show you it :lol:

if it's something that you want to get into I suggest signing up at a free host and just playing around with some premade templates....

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials is a great resource

I mean I'm more of a novice at best but I can follow patterns and tweak things to make it do something different but can't outright create my own code...
    been playing with websites, well back when geociteis was a thing :lol:

really playing around with phplinkdirectory (now practically dead) I learned a lot and now playing around with simplemachines forum script learning more...
    still not great at css but know enough :)

making things responsive I still don't totally understand (things that will display on computers/tablets/phones correctly)
    I usually cheat and find a template that says it's responsive and then tear it apart to suit my needs :lol:

just because i'm not good at it ;) hasn't stopped me from running 6 different sites :lol:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I made a bottle of Lemon Cake juice just to see how it was on its own. Didn't like it at all. Couple of weeks ago I found the bottle on the shelf, I had a spare tank so I decided to give it another shot since it had steeped for a long time. It was still awful. I'm a bit obsessive about not wasting stuff so I kept taking a hit once in a while. When the tank was mostly empty I filled it up with some vanilla. That was another old bottle. I wanted a straight vanilla juice and never really got there. It was a random mix of three vanillas and some sweet cream. It had been sitting around for six months.

The mixture of vanilla and lemon cake was starting to taste OK. When the tank was mostly empty I topped it up with more vanilla again and it was even better. Maybe I've accidentally hit on a something that might work for me, mostly vanilla and cream with a small amount of lemon cake. I've used up all the vanilla mix and I never wrote down the recipe so I'm going to do some experimenting.

Users who are viewing this thread