Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I still have a bit of Hangsen Italian Cream mixed at 1% that's dang close to 8 weeks steeped. It think I'll use that with the chocolates.
Let me know how it goes. I'm wanting to try Italian cream with the white chocolate and maybe the chocolate chunks. Thinking the VTA chocolate base will go in a coffee mix first.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a Cranberry Gin On The Rocks, a Basil Gimlet, two Gin & Tonics, and a Fuji Ginger Tea with Whiskey. Of the four, the Cranberry Gin was the hardest to get right. If my recipes were public on ELR, someone might get the idea I am OCD. :D I have so many versions of the Cranberry Gin! Also, several Gin & Tonic recipes - fine tuning was a little tedious on that too. I got the Fuji Ginger Tea with Whiskey right on the 2nd try! YAY for that.
    I'll be looking for your gin recipes when I get my flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @NolaMel how are the baby and parents doing?
    I haven't decided which berries I'll use with the wc yet. Might just do 2 or 3 different 7ml test mixes.
    I like mixing with White Chocolate but I've been thinking lately I should try mixing a bit more with the dark chocolates as well.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel how are the baby and parents doing?
    I haven't decided which berries I'll use with the wc yet. Might just do 2 or 3 different 7ml test mixes.
    The princess had complications and went back in the hospital 5 days after the baby came. She was released yesterday, but is on “rest” for the time being. I’m playing chef/housekeeper/baby fetcher for a few days, then will hand off the baton to my youngest for a week.
    I’ve only done raspberry with the white chocolate for fruits, and sweet rice/ smoked butterscotch for the other trial. I’m not getting much out of white chocolate, even at the higher end of recommended %. It’s a nice support for the sweet rice though. Needs something else with it, but I don’t have biscuit, or graham. Put it on the “list” until someone (hint hint) with a finer palate than me figures it out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The princess had complications and went back in the hospital 5 days after the baby came. She was released yesterday, but is on “rest” for the time being. I’m playing chef/housekeeper/baby fetcher for a few days, then will hand off the baton to my youngest for a week.
    I’ve only done raspberry with the white chocolate for fruits, and sweet rice/ smoked butterscotch for the other trial. I’m not getting much out of white chocolate, even at the higher end of recommended %. It’s a nice support for the sweet rice though. Needs something else with it, but I don’t have biscuit, or graham. Put it on the “list” until someone (hint hint) with a finer palate than me figures it out.
    INW Biscuit,FA Cookie,TFA Graham Cracker Clear..............

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I wonder how vape juice manufacturers manage to keep the lemon flavor from fading like our DIY juice. Anyone know?

I think magic bill said something before about using citric acid to lock in flavors. I wonder if that’s it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I couldn’t find the chocolate mousse at bcf.
    They were having some site issues earlier. Try again tomorrow. Read they were trying to get more of the VTA line in. Just what we need, more flavors. :D

:facepalm:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Give your daughter our wishes for a speedy recovery Mel.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Hey @NolaMel

Heading your way soon.

Any shop recommended shops?
    Smokecignals uptown (first choice by a wide mile), or around the corner is Calhoun vapor, vaping tiger in Metairie, custom vaporz in kenner... first ones that come to mind. Depends on where in the city you’ll be. Haven’t been to any in downtown. The city is covered up with vape shops, plenty of which I wouldn’t recommend. If I needed batteries or build stuff, I’d go to Smokecignals. House line juice is good, gear is top notch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread