hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    @hittman - are you steeping your Cran-Apple mix at all? I would have thought it was a S&V but the cranberry becomes more tart and prominent, for me, with a steep. The mix I am vaping today is perfect for my tastes and has been steeping for a bit over two weeks. I do think that made a difference. I still taste the apple, but the cranberry is much more THERE!

Some trials have steeped for a week or two. The one I’m using now is about a week old. I’m going to try to let the current four bottles steep for a week or two. I have a couple 10ml testers that are useable to last me until the new ones steep.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s patience learned by ordering more flavors than I can try in a reasonable amount of time. My NR order is supposed to hit tomorrow and I’ve still got over 20 on my wishlist.
    LOL. Only 5-6 flavors on mine.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    That is one of my considerations. Did I mix too much? I am familiar with over-flavoring to the point of flavor loss; but I have not experienced it with tobacco flavors. Maybe, I will draw a bit off and dilute it down, and see if that offers any help.

At least I shouldn't have to wait for any additional aging.:rolleyes::D

I'll be giving my testers a good 3 week age before I try them but I will get back to you. :)

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Patience, what is this thing? I'm amazed at how long some steep a recipe before tasting it. Some I give 2-3 days, others may get a week depending on how many are in my stash and if I have a hankering for a new flavor (I'm looking at you PomPudding). If I think I'll like the flavor profile, I make a 30ml tester and then keep going back to it over time to see how it ages and figure out the point in time I like it best. I tend to like most mixes at 2-4 weeks more than 6-8wks.

Also sad to report - no G&T in my mailbox today..

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Patience, what is this thing? I'm amazed at how long some steep a recipe before tasting it. Some I give 2-3 days, others may get a week depending on how many are in my stash and if I have a hankering for a new flavor (I'm looking at you PomPudding). If I think I'll like the flavor profile, I make a 30ml tester and then keep going back to it over time to see how it ages and figure out the point in time I like it best. I tend to like most mixes at 2-4 weeks more than 6-8wks.

Also sad to report - no G&T in my mailbox today..
    Sorry bout no pkg.:(

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I need to mix up more of my older flavors before I buy anything that's not just a replacement for an empty. Now that I've said that some gotta have flavors will come along and I'll buy more. ;)
    I've just about quit saying I have enough, which I do. Hoping I at least don't replace the meh ones just because of a great sale. Sales and threads like this one are my undoing.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've just about quit saying I have enough, which I do. Hoping I at least don't replace the meh ones just because of a great sale. Sales and threads like this one are my undoing.
    Well I at least don't replace the meh ones....LOL:lol: There is actually little I need or want so far. Still 5-6 flavors on my wishlist.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    So what's in your medley of melons? I've got at least 10 melon flavors here and I'm feeling melon-y today :D

The Watermelon Medley is
    VG 80%
    Watermelon INW 1%
    Watermelon Candy TFA 3%
    Pineapple TFA 2%
    Blueberry SC RF 1%
    Bahraini Apple Gold INW 1%
    Wintergreen TFA 1%
    Lemon TFA .5%
    Sour TFA .5%
    DW 10%

Next time I'll drop watermelon candy 1%. Maybe increase blueberry. I'm amazed nothing else is coming through.

Watermelon Salad
    VG 80%
    Watermelon INW 2%
    Honeydew TFA 3%
    Pomegranate FA 2%
    Jalapeno TFA 2%
    Lemon JF 1%
    DW 10%

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    The Watermelon Medley is
    VG 80%
    Watermelon INW 1%
    Watermelon Candy TFA 3%
    Pineapple TFA 2%
    Blueberry SC RF 1%
    Bahraini Apple Gold INW 1%
    Wintergreen TFA 1%
    Lemon TFA .5%
    Sour TFA .5%
    DW 10%

Next time I'll drop watermelon candy 1%. Maybe increase blueberry. I'm amazed nothing else is coming through.

Watermelon Salad
    VG 80%
    Watermelon INW 2%
    Honeydew TFA 3%
    Pomegranate FA 2%
    Jalapeno TFA 2%
    Lemon JF 1%
    DW 10%

Jalapeno TFA 2% :eek: Nope, I don't have that!

Reactions: FranC

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    That is one of my considerations. Did I mix too much? I am familiar with over-flavoring to the point of flavor loss; but I have not experienced it with tobacco flavors. Maybe, I will draw a bit off and dilute it down, and see if that offers any help.

At least I shouldn't have to wait for any additional aging.:rolleyes::D
    A quick follow-up...

I did just that; 1mL of the original (SM American Virginian mixed at 10%), and diluted it with 1mL of of my unflavored ADV blend, leaving me with a diluted 5% mix. The mfg. recommended range, for that particular flavor, is 4-10%.

Sadly, there is no significant difference. If anything, what little flavor there was, is slightly more diminished. It is beginning to look like Stixx, and I, may just not be destined to be friends.

I will keep the original samples, and let them continue to age, as there was a little improvement over the last two weeks. However, I am not very optimistic.:oops:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A quick follow-up...

I did just that; 1mL of the original (SM American Virginian mixed at 10%), and diluted it with 1mL of of my unflavored ADV blend, leaving me with a diluted 5% mix. The mfg. recommended range, for that particular flavor, is 4-10%.

Sadly, there is no significant difference. If anything, what little flavor there was, is slightly more diminished. It is beginning to look like Stixx, and I, may just not be destined to be friends.

I will keep the original samples, and let them continue to age, as there was a little improvement over the last two weeks. However, I am not very optimistic.:oops:
    Hey,it was worth a shot...........

Users who are viewing this thread