7% cranberry
    1% cactus
    1% lemon

And on the last mix I added

3% pomegranate
    2% Fuji
    2% two apples

This time I did
    1% pomegranate in two bottles and 1% juicy raspberry in two others. I did 2% each of two apples and Fuji in one each of the Pom and raspberry and 4% Fuji in one each of the Pom and raspberry. I just hadn’t decided if I liked it better with just the Fuji or the combination of it and two apples. I hope that’s not too confusing.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Mixed up 30ml of this today... :D Inspiration for the chocolate combination from a recipe by MECH_MOD_RN on ELR... :)

Cheesecake Wheel Slice 4 - Chocolate Hazelnut (WIP)
    New York Cheesecake (PUR) 6%
    Chocolate Mousse (VTA) 2%
    Italian Cream (Hangsen) 1.5%
    Hazelnut (FW) 1.25%
    Biscuit (INW) 0.75%
    Chocolate Chunks (WF) 0.5%
    Australian Chocolate (Hangsen) 0.5%
    Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5%

I strayed a bit from my typical cheesecake base on this one, so I'm a little concerned about the crust element. Would have liked to use a different flavoring for that but... :cool: One step at a time... lol.
    Thanks. Making note of that,:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The base is

7% cranberry
    1% cactus
    1% lemon

And on the last mix I added

3% pomegranate
    2% Fuji
    2% two apples

This time I did
    1% pomegranate in two bottles and 1% juicy raspberry in two others. I did 2% each of two apples and Fuji in one each of the Pom and raspberry and 4% Fuji in one each of the Pom and raspberry. I just hadn’t decided if I liked it better with just the Fuji or the combination of it and two apples. I hope that’s not too confusing.

It isn't confusing at all. I played around with Cran-Apple quite a bit and settled on:

Apple, Fuji (FA) 2% (I might have used JF Fuji since I have both)
    Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 7%
    Lemon (FE) .25%
    Shape Up Pear (Molinberry) .5%
    Two Apples (INAWERA) 2%
    WS-23 30% .75%

The WS-23 because I like my Cran-Apple well chilled. :) The EM might be unnecessary since TFA Cranberry has a fair amount of body to it. To me, this tastes great so I think I am finished playing with it. I haven't vaped any since I got on the gin kick but am going to vape it today to see if steeping changed anything. If you are looking for more tart in the mix, VTA Green Apple is reported to be tart. If you are interested, I can post the flavor notes on that one written by Liam Davey.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    It isn't confusing at all. I played around with Cran-Apple quite a bit and settled on:

Apple, Fuji (FA) 2% (I might have used JF Fuji since I have both)
    Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 7%
    Lemon (FE) .25%
    Shape Up Pear (Molinberry) .5%
    Two Apples (INAWERA) 2%
    WS-23 30% .75%

The WS-23 because I like my Cran-Apple well chilled. :) The EM might be unnecessary since TFA Cranberry has a fair amount of body to it. To me, this tastes great so I think I am finished playing with it. I haven't vaped any since I got on the gin kick but am going to vape it today to see if steeping changed anything. If you are looking for more tart in the mix, VTA Green Apple is reported to be tart. If you are interested, I can post the flavor notes on that one written by Liam Davey.

I’m interested in any notes! Thanks!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    As we roll closer to the next holiday,I have a whole 6 flavors on my BCF wishlist.

I need to mix up more of my older flavors before I buy anything that's not just a replacement for an empty. Now that I've said that some gotta have flavors will come along and I'll buy more. ;)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I got my new Stixx Mixx flavors so they are definitely on the agenda.
    I am interested to hear your impressions on the Stixx. I am on my third round of testing (just shy of three weeks), and I gotta say; I'm still not impressed.:unsure:

I don't know if it is my expectations, my flavor choices, my hardware, my taste buds, or any combination thereof. But, even though I mixed at max mfg. recommended percentage; I find them to be mostly just plain sweet, with little to no flavor or character. It is difficult to tell which is pipe, which is cigar, and which is plain tobacco. So far, the only one that has a discernible profile, is the Turner's Tea.

At this point, I prefer my synthetic HS, SC, and INW concentrates much better.:(

I guess, looking on the bright side; those are all significantly cheaper. And, if the results remain the same, I will be saving myself a bit of money.;):D

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I’m interested in any notes! Thanks!

If you join the Chefs Flavours-The Kitchen FB page, there is SO much info there on VTA flavors, among others. Liam uploaded a file that contains tasting note on almost all of the Vape Train flavors. I believe the files are only accessible if you join the page but it pays off with member's only discounts and flash sales. Chefs is a fun company!

VTA Flavour Notes By Liam Davey
    *This flavour was provided to me by Chefs Flavours for the purposes of testing
    This is only what I taste, as taste is subjective your experience and usage may differ.

Green Apple
    Tested @ 2% Diluted in 70/30 0 Nicotine
    Tested on a RX200s with a Bonza 0.14 ohm dual coil Flaptons @ 130w.

Manufacturers description “A slightly sour green apple with a fresh crisp taste, which can be used in many recipes from candy to fruit blended e-liquid recipes. Ideal mixer and standalone flavour.”

SnV
    Slightly juicy fresh apple with a light tartness and an earthy note at the end of the vape.
    The tartness at the end gives this concentrate a light candy like taste

7 Day steep
    No change.

12 Day steep
    The tartness has increased, this is now a tart juicy apple with a little peel like note at the end of the vape fairly authentic to a Tart green apple, as the wicks dry off it gains a slight cider like taste.

19 Day Steep
    No change

Suggested Usage
    I’d use as a main note at 3%-5%, Background 2%-3%, Accent 0.5%-2% and standalone at 5%-9% Use with other apples, fruits, candies, Lemonades, Gin, Bakery, Cereal.

VTA recommend in a mix: 4%-8% and Standalone 6%-12%.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am interested to hear your impressions on the Stixx. I am on my third round of testing (just shy of three weeks), and I gotta say; I'm still not impressed.:unsure:

I don't know if it is my expectations, my flavor choices, my hardware, my taste buds, or any combination thereof. But, even though I mixed at max mfg. recommended percentage; I find them to be mostly just plain sweet, with little to no flavor or character. It is difficult to tell which is pipe, which is cigar, and which is plain tobacco. So far, the only one that has a discernible profile, is the Turner's Tea.

At this point, I prefer my synthetic HS, SC, and INW concentrates much better.:(

I guess, looking on the bright side; those are all significantly cheaper. And, if the results remain the same, I will be saving myself a bit of money.;):D
    So far I feel the same.As I've said I have had several NET's over the years and none of them clear.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you join the Chefs Flavours-The Kitchen FB page, there is SO much info there on VTA flavors, among others. Liam uploaded a file that contains tasting note on almost all of the Vape Train flavors. I believe the files are only accessible if you join the page but it pays off with member's only discounts and flash sales. Chefs is a fun company!

VTA Flavour Notes By Liam Davey
    *This flavour was provided to me by Chefs Flavours for the purposes of testing
    This is only what I taste, as taste is subjective your experience and usage may differ.

Green Apple
    Tested @ 2% Diluted in 70/30 0 Nicotine
    Tested on a RX200s with a Bonza 0.14 ohm dual coil Flaptons @ 130w.

Manufacturers description “A slightly sour green apple with a fresh crisp taste, which can be used in many recipes from candy to fruit blended e-liquid recipes. Ideal mixer and standalone flavour.”

SnV
    Slightly juicy fresh apple with a light tartness and an earthy note at the end of the vape.
    The tartness at the end gives this concentrate a light candy like taste

7 Day steep
    No change.

12 Day steep
    The tartness has increased, this is now a tart juicy apple with a little peel like note at the end of the vape fairly authentic to a Tart green apple, as the wicks dry off it gains a slight cider like taste.

19 Day Steep
    No change

Suggested Usage
    I’d use as a main note at 3%-5%, Background 2%-3%, Accent 0.5%-2% and standalone at 5%-9% Use with other apples, fruits, candies, Lemonades, Gin, Bakery, Cereal.

VTA recommend in a mix: 4%-8% and Standalone 6%-12%.
    Makes me wish I could taste apple.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA

I'll be mixing much lower than you did - I'll be trying all of mine at 5% and see what happens.

As previously mentioned, I've been using the A+ Blend at 5% to 6% but going forward I'll be dialing it back to 3% to 4%.

Going to mix tomorrow: Butter Rum Cavendish, Canadian Virginian and Whiskey Cavendish.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @hittman - are you steeping your Cran-Apple mix at all? I would have thought it was a S&V but the cranberry becomes more tart and prominent, for me, with a steep. The mix I am vaping today is perfect for my tastes and has been steeping for a bit over two weeks. I do think that made a difference. I still taste the apple, but the cranberry is much more THERE!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I'll be mixing much lower than you did - I'll be trying all of mine at 5% and see what happens.

As previously mentioned, I've been using the A+ Blend at 5% to 6% but going forward I'll be dialing it back to 3% to 4%.
    That is one of my considerations. Did I mix too much? I am familiar with over-flavoring to the point of flavor loss; but I have not experienced it with tobacco flavors. Maybe, I will draw a bit off and dilute it down, and see if that offers any help.

At least I shouldn't have to wait for any additional aging.:rolleyes::D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    May not have looked at wireless routers recently? Most - from the last few years - will go at least 100, plenty fast for streaming vid :)

Best wireless routers 2018: the best routers for your home network | TechRadar

My Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 router streams wireless full speed (at 104.3 mbps) in 5G mode on a 100mbps cable connection through an Arris (Motorola) SB6183 modem. Not bragging, just listing a good performing combo that works at rated speed for reference.

It's in the list of top routers at the bottom of the linked page that DavidOck posted. Recommended.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread