Random DIY mixing and More

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Yes. Target had very little selection on vitamins so she was able to get them at Walmart.
Target is awesome. I shop from them all the time. Walmart is, well, much less awesome. Except the Neighborhood Markets are pretty decent.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I put my new flavors in elr. I need to take them downstairs and put them away. I think I’ll have my hot tea first. Hope everyone has a great day.
I had a friend send me some fancy Chai Tea the other day. I think I will make a cup today. He said it is really good tea.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
We went to Target the other day and could find nothing we were looking for and the prices are higher than Walmart. I wasn’t impressed. I also like to buy things in larger quantities so we go to Walmart when I need a big load of groceries. We have a local grocery store we go to in between Walmart runs. My son and I can self scan like nobody’s business. We are a good team. I bag he scans.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I had a friend send me some fancy Chai Tea the other day. I think I will make a cup today. He said it is really good tea.
Since I don’t do caffeine I typically get herbal teas that are caffeine free. I love my teas and I currently have way too much. I have an entire tea cabinet full plus a large cookie jar full. Lots of variety. My latest obsession is different coffee creamers for my tea. Back in the day I wouldn’t touch that stuff for health but now I can’t go without it. When I veer to the creamers my son starts rolling his eyes. I have six different kinds right now. :rolleyes:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Since I don’t do caffeine I typically get herbal teas that are caffeine free. I love my teas and I currently have way too much. I have an entire tea cabinet full plus a large cookie jar full. Lots of variety. My latest obsession is different coffee creamers for my tea. Back in the day I wouldn’t touch that stuff for health but now I can’t go without it. When I veer to the creamers my son starts rolling his eyes. I have six different kinds right now. :rolleyes:
I remember you mentioning awhile back about your tea collection. It really is amazing how many different types of tea there is. I went to a local herbal/health store a couple years ago with a friend. I was shocked at how many different teas there were.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
We went to Target the other day and could find nothing we were looking for and the prices are higher than Walmart. I wasn’t impressed. I also like to buy things in larger quantities so we go to Walmart when I need a big load of groceries. We have a local grocery store we go to in between Walmart runs. My son and I can self scan like nobody’s business. We are a good team. I bag he scans.
I've never done my grocery shopping at a Target. They wouldn't measure up to Walmart it that category most likely. But I do much more prefer Target for shopping for other items. It could just be my location, but shopping at Target seems much less hectic than Walmart.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I remember you mentioning awhile back about your tea collection. It really is amazing how many different types of tea there is. I went to a local herbal/health store a couple years ago with a friend. I was shocked at how many different teas there were.
Twinings is my favorite and I like that they are individually wrapped so I can put them in my cookie jar. My two favs are lemon ginger and pure peppermint. But I also have a lot of tea from the Republic of Tea and Bigelow and Celestial Seasonings.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I've never done my grocery shopping at a Target. They wouldn't measure up to Walmart it that category most likely. But I do much more prefer Target for shopping for other items. It could just be my location, but shopping at Target seems much less hectic than Walmart.
Definitely less hectic but I just ignore everyone in Walmart.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Twinings is my favorite and I like that they are individually wrapped so I can put them in my cookie jar. My two favs are lemon ginger and pure peppermint. But I also have a lot of tea from the Republic of Tea and Bigelow and Celestial Seasonings.
I have one from Celestial Seasonings called Sleepytime Tea. I'm not sure it actually helps me sleep, but it is nice to relax with a book and drink the tea.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Happy Sunday, gang.

Another cool(ish) day here, may hit 50. But heat is coming, the current guess is to hit 70 by next Friday, and no more rain in sight. We'll see.

2086225.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Target is awesome. I shop from them all the time. Walmart is, well, much less awesome. Except the Neighborhood Markets are pretty decent.

Yes, we much prefer target. For some reason the one we went to didn’t have much as far as vitamins. There are three fairly close but Walmart was on the way home so she just wanted to stop there instead of going across town to one of the other target stores.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Good morning :)

My lawn is in need of cutting already. It is early for that in these parts.

There are still a fair number of the older family owned grocery stores, butchers and bakeries around here. It is really nice to go into a store where they know you by name and you run into other folks you know. Fun to chit-chat and catch up. :D

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Yes, we don’t grocery shop at Target but the one we went to is a Super Target so they do have a grocery section like Walmart.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I made a simple Vanilla Wafer Cookie mix that is decent, but needs some adjusting. By simple, I mean just two flavors: 4% WF Crispy Wafer and 1% WF Vanilla Cream Extra. I'm thinking that the Crispy Wafer is too high in the mix. I would like to lower it and maybe compliment it with another bakery flavor. I'm thinking SSA Crispy Waffle would compliment it nicely, but I don't have that one yet.

I'm also considering about adding some FA Meringue to it. I've never really used it much, but thought it might add a bit to the mix.

If any of you awesome and talented mixers have advice to send my way, I shall forever be in your debt.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I made a simple Vanilla Wafer Cookie mix that is decent, but needs some adjusting. By simple, I mean just two flavors: 4% WF Crispy Wafer and 1% WF Vanilla Cream Extra. I'm thinking that the Crispy Wafer is too high in the mix. I would like to lower it and maybe compliment it with another bakery flavor. I'm thinking SSA Crispy Waffle would compliment it nicely, but I don't have that one yet.

I'm also considering about adding some FA Meringue to it. I've never really used it much, but thought it might add a bit to the mix.

If any of you awesome and talented mixers have advice to send my way, I shall forever be in your debt.
    I would suggest you drop the Crispy Wafer to no more than 2%. As to Crispy Waffle it is said not to go over tiny amounts. I find meringue to be too sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread