Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I made a simple Vanilla Wafer Cookie mix that is decent, but needs some adjusting. By simple, I mean just two flavors: 4% WF Crispy Wafer and 1% WF Vanilla Cream Extra. I'm thinking that the Crispy Wafer is too high in the mix. I would like to lower it and maybe compliment it with another bakery flavor. I'm thinking SSA Crispy Waffle would compliment it nicely, but I don't have that one yet.

I'm also considering about adding some FA Meringue to it. I've never really used it much, but thought it might add a bit to the mix.

If any of you awesome and talented mixers have advice to send my way, I shall forever be in your debt.
I've never used wafer or waffle over 0.5%. In one mix I found waffle at 0.5% to be too strong. Both are stronger flavors IMO. In my ice cream mix I used wafer at ~0.25%. I have WF Vanilla Cream Extra but haven't used it yet. FA Meringue will totally sweeten your mix and add a slight caramel flavor. I would start at 0.5% and adjust from there. Wouldn't go over 2% as it starts to taste, eggy, like rotten egg.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Has anyone tried the WF Bubble gum flavor?

I've never needed to buy any WF Bubblegum...because LorAnn's has been very good for shaved ice flavoring, and TFA Bubblegum (not the Bubblegum Fruity verison) has been "spot on" as far as the tasting like Bazooka Bubblegum in eliquids.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I've never used wafer or waffle over 0.5%. In one mix I found waffle at 0.5% to be too strong. Both are stronger flavors IMO. In my ice cream mix I used wafer at ~0.25%. I have WF Vanilla Cream Extra but haven't used it yet. FA Meringue will totally sweeten your mix and add a slight caramel flavor. I would start at 0.5% and adjust from there. Wouldn't go over 2% as it starts to taste, eggy, like rotten egg.
I was trying to replicate those layered wafer cookies, which is why I originally had the wafer so high. Perhaps lowering it to 2% and adding something like INW Biscuit at .5 to 1% would still keep the crispy wafer main note that I was going for.

Oddly enough, I have 4% Crispy Wafer in a Strawberry Wafer mix, and don't find it overpowering.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Good morning :)

There are still a fair number of the older family owned grocery stores, butchers and bakeries around here. It is really nice to go into a store where they know you by name and you run into other folks you know. Fun to chit-chat and catch up. :D

So miss the "Family Stores" - however they are never to return even with the call to shop locally. Especially with all the major stores and food market chains mass producing what we purchase and eat today. Just look at the meat products we get from the major sluterhouses, quality is so lacking there is not a bit of flavor unless you smoother it in "spices" or cook it to death. The same can be said about mass produced fresh produce and even "fish". And to get anything that even hints at freshness cost over double what might be considered the average price. No wonder we are all so malnourished and deficient in nutrients that we have to take subliments to substitute for our daily needs.

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:lol: figured i'd share this here so ya'll can laugh

autocorrect is fun :pervy:

upload_2021-4-11_11-17-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-11_11-16-44.png
    upload_2021-4-11_11-16-44.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 4

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just look at the meat products we get from the major sluterhouses, quality is so lacking there is not a bit of flavor unless you smoother it in "spices" or cook it to death. The same can be said about mass produced fresh produce and even "fish".

Sad, but true. Conversely, we get most of our meat from a local butcher, and produce from "farmers' markets" in season. Yeah, rest of the time, cardboard strawberries. :-x

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I live right on the border of Centerton and Bentonville in Arkansas. Bentonville is considered the town Walmart built, so the Walmarts are very nice and much different than the ones I suffered through in Florida. It's a shame they can't all be this nice, Walmart's reputation would be much different.

We have a couple of Farmer's markets in the area that we go to often and now that Spring is taking hold, we finally have access to really good produce.

It seems strange admitting I actually like Walmart now. The ones in Florida were full on sensory overload in the worst way.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I made a simple Vanilla Wafer Cookie mix that is decent, but needs some adjusting. By simple, I mean just two flavors: 4% WF Crispy Wafer and 1% WF Vanilla Cream Extra. I'm thinking that the Crispy Wafer is too high in the mix. I would like to lower it and maybe compliment it with another bakery flavor. I'm thinking SSA Crispy Waffle would compliment it nicely, but I don't have that one yet.

I'm also considering about adding some FA Meringue to it. I've never really used it much, but thought it might add a bit to the mix.

If any of you awesome and talented mixers have advice to send my way, I shall forever be in your debt.
I need to mix a second tester of the crisp waffle. The first one with ic is overpoweringly waffle. It was only a week into steeping when I tried it, so maybe it’ll lay back a little. It’s also a lingerer in the tank.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Sad, but true. Conversely, we get most of our meat from a local butcher, and produce from "farmers' markets" in season. Yeah, rest of the time, cardboard strawberries. :-x

Yea - I hear you, just no "local" butcher or farmers markets in my area and this is Florida . . . Only once in a blue moon a very small and limited farmers market (if you can call it that) "pops-up" in a major Hospital parking lot . . . And as for a "Butcher" & "Fish" markets - they are any where from a half hour to an hour away and so over priced not really affordable - NOT NICE ! ! ! :-x

Funny thing is - within a 3-4 mile area there are a total of 20 "Markets": 7 Publixs (2 across the street from each other and 1 in the same shopping center as Target's ), 3 Winn-Dixie, 1 Trader Joe's, 2 Whole Foods, 2 Fresh Markets, 2 Aldis, 2 Walmarts, 1 Target . . . And - thats not counting all the "Food Markets" within every CVS/Walgreens too . . . . :rolleyes:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I’d definitely drop the crispy wafer down to 2-3%. Not sure about the vanilla. I’ve never really liked straight vanilla flavors.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m trying my new blueberry cookie recipe. It’s really weird after one week steeped. The blueberry comes through almost sour. I figured the sugar cookie and Flv cookie would make a good base but so far not really. It definitely needs to be sweeter.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m trying my new blueberry cookie recipe. It’s really weird after one week steeped. The blueberry comes through almost sour. I figured the sugar cookie and Flv cookie would make a good base but so far not really. It definitely needs to be sweeter.
    That is weird.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    So miss the "Family Stores" - however they are never to return even with the call to shop locally. Especially with all the major stores and food market chains mass producing what we purchase and eat today. Just look at the meat products we get from the major sluterhouses, quality is so lacking there is not a bit of flavor unless you smoother it in "spices" or cook it to death. The same can be said about mass produced fresh produce and even "fish". And to get anything that even hints at freshness cost over double what might be considered the average price. No wonder we are all so malnourished and deficient in nutrients that we have to take subliments to substitute for our daily needs.

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

We’re extra lucky here in NOLA then. Most of our groceries are still family owned. I have 2 within walking distance. There may be more, but off the top of my head, I can list 5 different ones that have multiple locations.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I’d definitely drop the crispy wafer down to 2-3%. Not sure about the vanilla. I’ve never really liked straight vanilla flavors.
    I think I've settled on 2% Crispy Wafer plus 1% Biscuit. I'll keep the vanilla as is, and maybe add a very small amount of meringue.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Odd. You would think the sugar cookie would add quite a bit of sweetness to the mix. I don't know anything about FLV Cookie though.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    TOC’s Sweet Almond Milk is just too low in flavor at 6.5%. I guess I can’t taste anything with low flavor percentages. It’s vapeable, but just not enough flavor.

We are headed to Mom’s for Sunday dinner and then to pick up groceries. After that the rest of my vacation will be spent cleaning house and moseying around. I need to clean my closet and get my work clothes organized.

Users who are viewing this thread