hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I did a tester on pudding base @3% and just tasted it(drop on finger) and its pretty good. Now all it needs is some type of cream or custard or vanilla or chocolate or fruit type of flavor or all of the above. LOL

:)

I’ve been using it at 4% for a while now with pomegranate.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The spices are what I think they mean, but it is just an educated guess on my part. I have been looking for reviews but have not found any yet. Looked in AU and UK, nada. So unless someone actually says those spices are there, it is just my guess.
    It's most likely you're right.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I only did a tester so when other ingredients are added it may need an increase in %. What % are you using the Pom at?

I like it at 6% on the Pom. You can shake and vape but I like it better after a week or two.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I still had most of my flavors from my last order in bags so put all of the new ones in my new case and it half filled the new case. If I order everything on my wishlist it’s going to fill it almost the rest of the way. That is with one bottle in each slot. I guess I could fit at least a couple in each if I had to.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @stols001 Anna are you all ready for work tomorrow?

Pretty much! I just got done mixing 100 mls of my all time favorite juices like it was no big deal whatsoever. Of course, I had base. But yeah, I have my bag all packed after yoga I am going to the dollar store to get maybe like a lunch bag and arrange some beverage options and whatnot. I have my clothes for the week, I bought a new phone, a watch, some old lady glasses for traveling and even new underwear. Etc.

So "ready."

Mentally ready? Oh my goodness. I keep telling myself "It's just a day." Even though it's been monsooning on and off I have no idea what it will be like up there, but I checked the weather even so I have a coat and an umbrella (it's like in the 50's there, that is totally coat weather for AZ" so I guess I'm "ready" whatever that means. I gotta gas up my car, buy some snus, that should be about it.

Somehow because of this commute, I feel like I'm needing to be all Everesty about it, like, as if something could happen and I need a base camp and progressive camps, like, because it's so far away.

Oh man, that reminds me I gotta get the "Jesus Cross" tool from the husband so I can change a tire if I need to. I actually have a feeling tomorrow will probably be super boring I mean most "HR stuff days" are.

But yep, more or less. Been doing it in stages today. I still haven't put all my worksheets in little folders, but man, you know, I imagine like any place I will have down time, that sounds like a fine work project to me, not a super awesome thing to do on your last day of Not Work. So, eh.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Pretty much! I just got done mixing 100 mls of my all time favorite juices like it was no big deal whatsoever. Of course, I had base. But yeah, I have my bag all packed after yoga I am going to the dollar store to get maybe like a lunch bag and arrange some beverage options and whatnot. I have my clothes for the week, I bought a new phone, a watch, some old lady glasses for traveling and even new underwear. Etc.

So "ready."

Mentally ready? Oh my goodness. I keep telling myself "It's just a day." Even though it's been monsooning on and off I have no idea what it will be like up there, but I checked the weather even so I have a coat and an umbrella (it's like in the 50's there, that is totally coat weather for AZ" so I guess I'm "ready" whatever that means. I gotta gas up my car, buy some snus, that should be about it.

Somehow because of this commute, I feel like I'm needing to be all Everesty about it, like, as if something could happen and I need a base camp and progressive camps, like, because it's so far away.

Oh man, that reminds me I gotta get the "Jesus Cross" tool from the husband so I can change a tire if I need to. I actually have a feeling tomorrow will probably be super boring I mean most "HR stuff days" are.

But yep, more or less. Been doing it in stages today. I still haven't put all my worksheets in little folders, but man, you know, I imagine like any place I will have down time, that sounds like a fine work project to me, not a super awesome thing to do on your last day of Not Work. So, eh.

Anna
    It 's never a bad idea to be prepared:) I'm sure you'll do fine. If you're not too beat when you get home you can let us know how your day went.:)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Better to have and not need, than need and not have :thumb:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Wonder what Christmas pudding tastes like??Christmas Pudding-VT

I asked on the Chefs Flavours page and two of my favorite mixers responded almost immediately. They both describe it as a heavy brown steamed fruitcake with a strong raisin/currants/sultana taste and a healthy dose of brandy. Not much, if any, spice.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    The spices are what I think they mean, but it is just an educated guess on my part. I have been looking for reviews but have not found any yet. Looked in AU and UK, nada. So unless someone actually says those spices are there, it is just my guess.
    Does this help? It was easier than copying a recipe:”Despite the name "plum pudding," the pudding contains no actual plums due to the pre-Victorian use of the word "plums" as a term for raisins.[3] The pudding is composed of many dried fruits held together by egg and suet, sometimes moistened by treacle or molasses and flavoured with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and other spices.”

EDIT: as usual, read before you respond,Mel :rolleyes:. Oops

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Pictures look like plum pudding to me. Can’t find any descriptions

I think that Plum Pudding and Christmas Pudding are pretty much the same things. The two guys who responded had both just tasted it in sfts and both said not much spice. Plum Pudding is usually lightly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves but the emphasis is on the raisins/sultanas/currants and the brandy. I guess one of us will have to take one for the team and try VTA's Christmas Pudding. :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @FranC I will try, LOL if this keeps up maybe I will. Just did yoga and everything is done. I did what would normally take me 3 days in two hours. My fridge is fully defrosted so everything but my mixes are back in there, I have ALL I could possibly need except the one vital thing I have forgotten, (I am quite sure.) Also cleaned the kitchen made the coffee it is DOUBLE PLUS plugged in this time, that is a CATASTROPHIC fail (which I made this morning, so good) when it comes to getting out of the house on time. I cleaned the kitchen, organized everything and made the husband show me how to use my new alarm on my phone as a backup.

I just realized he didn't show me how to turn it off, so that may be exciting, but I will probably just figure it out before 4:45 a.m. tomorrow no need to be mean to the husband.

He was all like, "OMG you did so much."
    I was like, "You know how I am with structure."
    "I feel guilty."
    "You should, you were off skating on frozen lakes and throwing apples at girls, my family was like, moving countries non stop so I was like, learning new tongues in my spare time and my mom was AT ME for like the violin to be a virtuoso, not to mention TENNIS LESSONS."

To be fair, I really do function better that way, I have ADHD so a "To do" list of "Whenever" is not very motivating,. LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I asked on the Chefs Flavours page and two of my favorite mixers responded almost immediately. They both describe it as a heavy brown steamed fruitcake with a strong raisin/currants/sultana taste and a healthy dose of brandy. Not much, if any, spice.
    Thank you:) That's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread