The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't experimented with coffees. I've loved pre-made sample sizes that I bought a long time ago. But, for DIY, I just use Tiramisu. Once I tried it and liked it, I just never bothered to move on. I'm a little nervous about experimenting with coffees because they tend to gunk pretty bad. Tiramisu does not gunk!
    I'm not much of a Berry person. So, it turns out well that my sister is (since I mix her juice for her). It gives me a chance to use up berry-types that I've accumulated. She seems to really prefer Raspberry over Strawberry. What is Raspberry like compared to Strawberry? I've never had a raspberry.
    I recently acquired VT Avocado Cream. I would love any recipes for how to use it.
    I would love to mimic the flavor of Sesame Sticks. I'll never forget the first time I tried them. It was an epiphany. ;) BCF has 3 sesame flavors: Sesame Candy-SC-WF, Sesame Dough-SC-WF, and Sesame Sweets-INW. I think the Sesame Dough sounds most promising, maybe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I would try this but drop the peach for lime. I only keep one white peach in case I need a pop for an orange and raspberry yogurt/cheesecake.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    looking at the bottle of Horchata flavoring...

• Like Like x 4
  4. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    @DebbieNY - About the Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte from OSDIY having the * notation...I wouldn't worry about it. It's most likely only trace amounts of the AP and/or Acetoin. I've been using those together as an ADV for 2+ years now, and Kimberly (owner of OSDIY) did, too, for 3-4 years. Neither of us has had any problems with them. In fact, I've never heard of anyone that has, no matter what flavoring they're in.

Also, when you order from OSDIY, they have on-going coupon codes which are ECF and JFK. Either one will give you 11% off anytime, and when they have a sale it'll give you even more off your total order.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Since many of you seem to be on a "fruity" kick lately...I thought you might like to try this Hawaiian POG clone recipe another ECF member came up with. He makes it for himself and several people at his workplace, too. I personally haven't tried it though, because I don't care for Guava.

He didn't use orange in it, because he said tangerine worked better, in his opinion. He also has a sweet tooth, so you may want to reduce the % of the sweeter flavorings and the sweetener.

Hawaiian POG Clone

CAP Sweet Guava - 7%
    CAP Sweet Tangerine - 4%
    TFA Passion Fruit - 2%
    CAP Dragonfruit - 1%
    CAP Super Sweet - 1%

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nate5700

Nate5700 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2014
    Jenks, OK, USA
    Just switched to my tobacco mix (the one with RY4D and dark chocolate). 2 weeks old now. Unfortunately had to dilute it to 24 mg, but I think it still has plenty of flavor. This is really, really good now. The chocolate is coming on strong, almost had a hot cocoa flavor to it which surprised me because the chocolate is only 1%. But the other flavors are still coming through too and they're playing well together. Need to mix some more today, I don't suspect this will last long.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Of course it depends on the size of the dropper but 5 drops is usually around or a bit over .1 gram.

I don’t like the minty mouth feel of koolada in my milkshakes etc unless it contains a minty flavor. Though it’s another layer in the cold ones which do. You know you’re likes. So it sounds like you might not need another cooling agent. It seems to me that WS-23 suggests more of a cool feel but Idk if it’s just more noticeable without the minty feel. I just like having options myself.

I think you’re right in that ours won’t really be too similar. I don’t yet have your FW fruits. So that alone makes it a completely different mix. Being that you enjoyed yours so much I wanted to mix your way but... I might need to up the lemon a bit considering it’s in the name but wanted to keep it lower. If I like as is no matter how well the lemon is present I’ll just change the name. I haven’t tried mine yet, as I just mixed this morning, but this is what I did. @FranC here ya go...

Lemon Berry Spritz

3.5% Blackberry (LA)
    .75% Lemon (FE)
    2% Pink Champagne (FW)
    6% Raspberry (Purilum)
    .25% WS-23 30%

PG/VG-ratio: 35/65
    Flavor total: 12.51%

• Like Like x 6
  8. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you! I saw Cookies and cream by TFW on your invoice and thought who is that! Then it came to me that it has to be Wizard Labs flavors. I haven’t yet tried theirs. I assume you like or have you tried many?

Yes, it really does sound divine!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That one looks good:)

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm not much for peach anymore myself.

• Like Like x 3
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What is it?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I don't like peach but some oranges are overwhelmed by mango so needed an alternative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. classwife

Supporting member
    First time to buy it :)

It's like a rice pudding drink :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. classwife

Supporting member
    So, I mixed up some Horchata at 2% (.6ml for a 30ml bottle)
    Fresh made it comes out like a fantastic vanilla custard.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good to know:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well,WooHoo for your 100% good luck so far:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    OSDITS succulent strawberry is pretty good. Going to pull a few mls off and add FE sweet rice and a touch of cream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  18. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Coffee flavors tend to gunk and tiramisu doesn’t and worked for your coffee mix... Noted. After getting these little tips here and there, I’ll eventually find the right mix. Thanks for sharing!

:shock:What!? Other than both being reddish colored (assumed) berries, strawberry and raspberry are nothing alike though its not so easy to explain. Strawberries are usually sweeter. Though they both need that balance of sweet and citric flavor. Red raspberries are sweeter and not really citric. Regular raspberries have more of that sweet tangy balance and are my favorite. They’re so juicy and delicious! You might could compare them to a cross between red and green grapes but not exactly. Strawberries are also tasty and though their flavor can be overpowering, IMO they are mildly weaker than a raspberry. Though this is all suggestive really as we all taste differently. I highly suggest trying raspberries unless you don’t like fruit much. The health benefits of both strawberries and raspberries are almost phenomenal. Also, neither are actually berries but belong to the group of aggregate fruit.

I’ve recently required FE avocado but haven’t yet tried. Should you find any great recipes, I’d also be interested!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Wayne has a POG remix on E L R that is spot on but Im like you, thats to much guava for me

• Like Like x 4
  20. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I have a couple of lemon sorbets and a lemon granita I have been working on. I will try adding a little basil to each and report back, with recipes, if either works well. Currently, I am loving basil with pineapple and mint. I plan to test the Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz I mixed a few days ago today. *fingers crossed*

• Love Love x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1