ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A simple vanilla recipe, if you like vanilla:
    Fresh cream-jf-1%
    Vanilla ice cream-lb-6%
    Vanilla swirl-tfa-2%
    I’m guessing that my Ice Cream Base could be thought of as a vanilla recipe.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm glad you got some extra rest. Now you have enough energy to write 5 or 6 reviews today.

None today. Two yesterday was plenty. I’ve only got one more left until more stuff arrives.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got the feeling yesterday evening that I should leave Strawberry alone for awhile. I’m definitely going to go very light with it. Instead of firing up another strawberry last night I got my Chocolate Croissant mix instead.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I would be interested in the Dreamsicle recipe.
    This one is a winner. I really like it. @Zazie, hi, could you please put this in your blog? Ty

SMT's Creamy Dreamsicle

FA Royal Orange 2.5%
    FA Blood Orange 2%
    INW Shisha Orange 1.5%
    FA Vanilla Classic (Madagascar) 2.5%
    INW Vanilla Cream 1%
    FA Whipped Cream 0.75%
    FLV Cream 0.75%

Steep time = 3-4 weeks. If making 10mls 2 weeks will work. I tested it in an rda and RTA's (MTL and RDL).

It's a creamy bright orange Dreamsicle. Bold and very tasty.

My previous recipes only had the two FA oranges, was good, but I always felt something was missing orange-wise. Tried the recipe with several other oranges, meh. Finally tried it with INW Shisha Orange. That was the additional orange I was after. It brought the FA oranges to life, in a big way. Much like going from SD to HD video.

The creams and vanilla are a combo I've used in other recipes. It's a delightful base on it's own for adding other flavors.

The recipe is also a good platform for adding one or two other fruits. Like any of the following: apricot, pineapple, mango, lemon, coconut, raspberry, grapefruit, strawberry, banana, lime, guava... you get the picture, many fruits work well with oranges.

This can be taken in many different directions. If looking to add a base: any of the cakes, cookies, yogurt, croissant base or ice cream (with alterations). For a creamy orange tea add a little FA Black Tea.

I've used the same oranges and percents in the IC base (minus the creams). Also very tasty. The oranges paired with an IC base becomes a Creamsicle.

:)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I’m usually more cream than vanilla but still would like to see the recipes.
    Sure. These mix combinations were mainly for me to test some new-to-me flavors. Each was made with a flavor I know very well, FA Vanilla Classic (Madagascar).

#1 Testing the SSA and WF

FA Vanilla Classic 3%
    SSA Madagascar 2%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1%

#2 Testing both SSA's

FA Vanilla Classic 3%
    SSA Borneo Vanilla 2%
    SSA Whipped Cream 1%

#3 Is a variation on one of my many vanilla bases (I have a lot of those). This one was mainly to test the FA Custard Extra 1 (a light custard).

FA Vanilla Classic 3.5%
    INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
    FA Custard Extra 1 1%
    FLV Cream 0.75%
    FA Vienna Cream 0.5%

Each mix was excellent and tasty. Since my testing I've paired them with some other flavors, for further testing.

I am very impressed with the SSA Madagascar and Borneo Vanilla. Each presented a very different vanilla note. I love my vanillas and have most of them. I'm able to easily detect differences between vanillas.

WF Vanilla Cream Extra and SSA Whipped Cream are excellent.

SSA WC is one of the better whipped creams. It's different than FA Whipped Cream or FLV Whipped Cream, two of my favorites. Each of the three WC's are unique in flavor. The WF VCE is a rich cream, smooth and pleasant. The SSA and WF creams both brought a nice full mouthfeel.

FA Custard Extra 1 is a fine custard. Compared to FA Custard Premium it's a light custard. Very useful. I like custards but for me they cannot be front and center in a mix. Mid to back note is best for me, still brings solid custard flavor to a mix.

ETA: @Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Perhaps as Vanilla Bases? Ty. Fran's post, below, gave me the idea. :) Thanks Zaz!!!

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    SMT's Creamy Dreamsicle

FA Royal Orange 2.5%
    FA Blood Orange 2%
    INW Shisha Orange 1.5%
    FA Vanilla Classic (Madagascar) 2.5%
    INW Vanilla Cream 1%
    FA Whipped Cream 0.75%
    FLV Cream 0.75%
    I think it is pretty inconsiderate of you to keep making recipes with some flavors that I don't have.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I got the feeling yesterday evening that I should leave Strawberry alone for awhile. I’m definitely going to go very light with it. Instead of firing up another strawberry last night I got my Chocolate Croissant mix instead.
    I don't like to go over 4% with any strawberry or combination of strawberries. For me, less is more.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Hey @DLKnives, I want to be sure to wish you a happy National Video Games Day!

special-memorial-day-video-game-event.jpg

Thank you my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread