Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Everything 25% off at Nom Nomz till (or possibly through) Sunday. No coupon required.

Thanks for sharing! I have to admit, every time I see the words Nom Nomz I think of raiding the refrigerator.

I am hangry (anger derived from hunger) today so I am going to lay back from the forum. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday while I suffer...

I also hope everyone has a fried fish, cheese grits with collard greens... and banana pudding for dessert weekend.

Take care, vanilla shakes..

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
The Inw wild strawberry was what I was tasting at first and the lime was amplifying what I’d call almost a bitter taste. It’s much better with lemon. I had never used that strawberry before so wasn’t sure what I was tasting it from at first. I don’t know if bitter is the right word or not but I get it mostly on the exhale.
It should settle down. Did you use sweetener?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
IMO the base is yummy as is. I’m going to adjust my fruits. Yes, the base is a tad sweet but most of you like more sweet than me and I can deal with it.

Please mix and tell me what you think.
I pulled the recipe. I’ll do one plain. Second with fruit tbd…. Just need to add a cone for that one?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
FE Green Tea - SFT

"A true green tea should be grassy, vegetal, nutty, or herbaceous, but never bitter. Mild with undercurrents of lemon citrus and a slight earthy taste. Freshens the olfactory senses."

My results:

0.3% (2 drops / 10mls):

It's a pleasant, but delicate, green tea, mild with a slight earthiness. Herbaceous but no sickly grassy taste. It totally freshens the olfactory senses. It has a light lingering flavor of green tea just as there is when drinking a decent green tea. There is a very light lemon citrus undercurrent (very delicate). FE Green Tea has no bitterness or off flavors.

@Katya, knowing you vape mainly flavorless 0.3% would be a good starting point. I really do think you will like this green tea. It's good!

0.6% (3 drops / 10mls):

I doubled the percentage to push the green tea flavor a bit further. I was going for a bolder green tea. My results are the same as 0.3%. There is more green tea flavor at 0.6%. It is still a delicate green tea and very pleasing.

I tested this MTL 12w - 22w. 18w -20w is where I got the best flavor.

I prepared myself for this with some Twinings London green tea. I made certain I had no lingering tea flavor on my palate before vaping the FE Green Tea. In my opinion FE did an excellent job of creating a true green tea flavor. I do like this as a single flavor. It's tasty.

A fruit will add another dimension and boost the overall complexity. Green teas are 'delicate' by nature. With that in mind going with a lighter tasting fruit, and using it with a pretty light touch, the green tea will hold it's own.

So, what would I recommend for %'s?

- Start with 0.3% (2 drops/10mls - 6 drops/30mls). At 0.3% you will get a very pleasing green tea flavor. Delicate.

- For a slightly bolder green tea go with 0.6% (3 drops/10mls - 9 drops/30mls). You will get the same pleasing green tea flavor simply kicked up a notch.

I am confident it could be pushed to 0.9% (4 drops/10mls) or even 1.2% (5 drops/10mls) without losing what a green tea is supposed to be. The green tea will be bolder and those percents may prove to be best with certain fruits. At some point in the future I'll likely push it to see how far it can go before it changes from a green tea to something "other".

Note: At the percents I used this does not require more than a day steep time. I gave it about 18 hours to blend with my nic base. IMO, at these percents it is truly a shake n vape flavor.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
FE Green Tea - SFT

"A true green tea should be grassy, vegetal, nutty, or herbaceous, but never bitter. Mild with undercurrents of lemon citrus and a slight earthy taste. Freshens the olfactory senses."

My results:

0.3% (2 drops / 10mls):

It's a pleasant, but delicate, green tea, mild with a slight earthiness. Herbaceous but no sickly grassy taste. It totally freshens the olfactory senses. It has a light lingering flavor of green tea just as there is when drinking a decent green tea. There is a very light lemon citrus undercurrent (very delicate). FE Green Tea has no bitterness or off flavors.

@Katya, knowing you vape mainly flavorless 0.3% would be a good starting point. I really do think you will like this green tea. It's good!

0.6% (3 drops / 10mls):

I doubled the percentage to push the green tea flavor a bit further. I was going for a bolder green tea. My results are the same as 0.3%. There is more green tea flavor at 0.6%. It is still a delicate green tea and very pleasing.

I tested this MTL 12w - 22w. 18w -20w is where I got the best flavor.

I prepared myself for this with some Twinings London green tea. I made certain I had no lingering tea flavor on my palate before vaping the FE Green Tea. In my opinion FE did an excellent job of creating a true green tea flavor. I do like this as a single flavor. It's tasty.

A fruit will add another dimension and boost the overall complexity. Green teas are 'delicate' by nature. With that in mind going with a lighter tasting fruit, and using it with a pretty light touch, the green tea will hold it's own.

So, what would I recommend for %'s?

- Start with 0.3% (2 drops/10mls - 6 drops/30mls). At 0.3% you will get a very pleasing green tea flavor. Delicate.

- For a slightly bolder green tea go with 0.6% (3 drops/10mls - 9 drops/30mls). You will get the same pleasing green tea flavor simply kicked up a notch.

I am confident it could be pushed to 0.9% (4 drops/10mls) or even 1.2% (5 drops/10mls) without losing what a green tea is supposed to be. The green tea will be bolder and those percents may prove to be best with certain fruits. At some point in the future I'll likely push it to see how far it can go before it changes from a green tea to something "other".

Note: At the percents I used this does not require more than a day steep time. I gave it about 18 hours to blend with my nic base. IMO, at these percents it is truly a shake n vape flavor.
In RL green tea will go bitter if the waters too hot. Mustn't ever be boiling. Drinking it right now....I have around three cups a day..in the afternoon.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I am the only one here today so I guess that makes me the boss. :rolleyes: My morning meeting was cancelled...:thumbs: I called my doctor's office to reschedule my checkup appointment today to an earlier time so I get to leave extra early today...:thumb: I've been working like a dang dog lately and I've gotten most of my work done for the day that I wanted to do so it's a good day so far!

Tomorrow Dad is coming over and we are all going to cut down the tree that fell on my fence and burn everything including all the sticks and stuff in the yard. And old corncobs from me feeding the squirrels...:lol: Son will be doing the heavy lifting...:sneaky:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Total
Cereal - Baked Honey Oats (OOO)
Cheesecake (HA)
Corn Flakes (CNV)
Creamy Yogurt Cheesecake (OOO)
French Vanilla Ice Cream (HA
Miss Cream (IW)
White Tea (FW)

I have maybe 40 of HA FVIC, but since I was there, went ahead and got more. I have the toffee (I think). I really like FW yogurt, so no need to search more. What do you think of the vanilla pudding? I’m more of an eggy custard gal. Pudding makes me think of those Snak-pak lunchbox plastic pudding cups :lol:
I bought the OOO Creamy Yogurt Cheesecake too. I don't have the OOO Vanilla Pudding yet. Just ordered it last night.

With a pudding base I am trying to avoid the snak-pak pudding taste. :D My hope is that the OOO will help in making a decent pudding base. The VT Pudding Base is, IMO, just basic pudding ingredients requiring the help of other flavors in order to make a decent pudding.

In my last pudding base I used FA Custard Premium. It added a light but pleasing custard note. That base is being reworked atm.

They have so many flavors that I must have missed the OOO Cereal Baked Honey Oats. Have you tried it or the CNV Corn Flakes?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Kind of like mustard gas??
I don't know what mustard gas is like.

Google says... "Mustard gas is deployed as a brownish-yellow vapor with an odor similar to that of garlic, horseradish, or mustard. Mustard gas causes severe chemical burns, painful blisters, and difficulty breathing."

That sounds very horrible and hostile to me. So then, yes, that flavor as I experienced it could very well be mustard gas. :D

Reactions: FranC

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Really? And not to sweet? I like single flavors. I have pretty much given up on chocolate. Everything I tried tasted pretty much like tootsie rolls. I'd rather eat my chocolate.
I like VTA Chocolate Mousse. It's a smooth chocolate flavor. When used 2% or less I don't get anything like a tootsie roll flavor. IMO, it leans more towards a darker chocolate but it is not at all a true dark chocolate.

If you like dark chocolate I would suggest VTA Dark Chocolate. It is a true dark chocolate (again 2% or less). Very good and flavorful.

I think VTA (Vape Train Australia) has the best chocolate flavors. They have quite a few. BCF carries VTA flavors. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The new plan is to grocery shop today, leaving Sunday open for apple picking. Some things are needed at the store anyway for the birthday party tomorrow. (One of my older gd’s).

So much for getting out of apple picking. I like picking apples right out of the bin at the grocery store. Preferably Honey Crisp.

It should settle down. Did you use sweetener?

I didn't use the sweetener. Maybe I should have. I only made 15ml this time to see if I liked it. Maybe I'll mix another bottle and ad the sweetener this time.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I like VTA Chocolate Mousse. It's a smooth chocolate flavor. When used 2% or less I don't get anything like a tootsie roll flavor. IMO, it leans more towards a darker chocolate but it is not at all a true dark chocolate.

If you like dark chocolate I would suggest VTA Dark Chocolate. It is a true dark chocolate (again 2% or less). Very good and flavorful.

I think VTA (Vape Train Australia) has the best chocolate flavors. They have quite a few. BCF carries VTA flavors. :)
    Thanks J. I agree it's not a true dark choc but definitely reminds me of dark rather than milk. I'm using it at 1.5%. it's my first foray into the chocolate world so no experience.

I do like dark chocolate in real life but would probably add cream in a vape to make it more milky. Have you tried the VTA dark with FA milk?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    So much for getting out of apple picking. I like picking apples right out of the bin at the grocery store. Preferably Honey Crisp.

I didn't use the sweetener. Maybe I should have. I only made 15ml this time to see if I liked it. Maybe I'll mix another bottle and ad the sweetener this time.
    Yes sometimes sweetener blends the fruits together.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes sometimes sweetener blends the fruits together.

I'll definitely add it on the next mix. I'm bound to get this one right eventually although I'm liking the current mix I think it might be better with the sweetener. I forgot, how much did you use? I usually use super sweet if that's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread