Random DIY mixing and More

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I would have to say the FLV Bourbon is a yummy flavor to me. I think it would be quite versatile to mix with flavors other than tobaccos. I'll have to give that a try. Maybe a Bourbon Cheesecake mix.

I have the following FLV Bourbon recipes if you're interested:

Bourbon Glazed Pecans by xGRANITEx on Reddit
Caramelized Peach Upside Down Cake
Drunken Coconut Cream Pie
Bourbon Cream Cake
Castle Long Reserve by Ckemist on ELR
Bourbon Pecan Cookies
Bourbon Ginger Cake

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

Bourbon Cream Cake
Castle Long Reserve by Ckemist on ELR
Bourbon Pecan Cookies
Bourbon Ginger Cake
Those all sound good. You’ve tried them?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Those all sound good. You’ve tried them?

Yes I've mixed them all up and they're all good. :)

For some reason I have 1048 recipes at ELR. The few I have public are my originals and of course I have more that are still private.

I have 48 recipes that have Cereal 27 in them, if you're ever interested. ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The more I try new flavors the more I end up vaping unflavored juice. I have about 75 various flavors and I haven't discovered many that are an ADV, other than a few tobacco flavors. Maybe one day I'll find a few keepers in the fruit and candy line. Those are the ones that I use lightly for flavor modification in my tobaccos.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Yes I've mixed them all up and they're all good. :)

For some reason I have 1048 recipes at ELR. The few I have public are my originals and of course I have more that are still private.

I have 48 recipes that have Cereal 27 in them, if you're ever interested. ;)
I have a feeling I’ll need them :rolleyes:. Right now I’m focused on a couple solid mixes with the pecan. Are those all over on ELR? I have Ckemist’s castle long printed out, bought all the flavors, and have yet to make it. I think tomorrow will be a pecan and/or bourbon day, Tuesday the cookies all arrive (fingers crossed) and I can tackle a couple cookies. I’m thinking Franc’s strawberry cookie and your bourbon pecan cookie for starters :p

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The more I try new flavors the more I end up vaping unflavored juice. I have about 75 various flavors and I haven't discovered many that are an ADV, other than a few tobacco flavors. Maybe one day I'll find a few keepers in the fruit and candy line. Those are the ones that I use lightly for flavor modification in my tobaccos.
@FranC has several tobacco flavors/recipes she really likes. Maybe she can help you find one or two to fit into your ADV.???

:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I like unflavored too. Found it out by “mistake” when I had to go off nic for a couple months for surgery. Zero nic flavors taste flat to me, except menthol. Zero unflavored was fine. Now I just use my nic base. It’s a nice break from stronger mixes

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I have a feeling I’ll need them :rolleyes:. Right now I’m focused on a couple solid mixes with the pecan. Are those all over on ELR?

I'm not sure if they all are. Bourbon Cream Cake and Bourbon Ginger Cake are original recipes of mine and the Drunken Coconut Cream Pie and Bourbon Pecan Cookies are both adaptations of somebody else's recipe.

Bourbon Pecan Cookies

FLV Bourbon 1%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
INW Biscuit 1%
FW Butter Pecan 2%
WF Butter Pecan Pie 4%
FW Butterscotch Ripple 1.5%
CAP Super Sweet 0.3%

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Anyone have any pointers for a fresh pineapple freeze kind of recipe? I'm thinking of a pineapple and cream with the pineapple forward, and I like the idea of a frozen whip type of thing. I have PUR Golden Pineapple but that is not what I'm looking for, needs more pineapple acidity or something. I used it at 3 and 6% in a couple recipes, too much of a cooked pineapple flavor.
I did come across a recipe I think I'll try called Dole Whip CAP golden pineapple at 8% and juicy orange at 1% with a couple creams.
Any other suggestions for a fresh slice of pineapple flavor?

My pineapple flavor notes:

CAPELLA
  • Golden Pineapple
    Tested at 7.5%. Sweet canned pineapple flavor. There is a touch of tartness but just a touch. It is mostly a sweet, not very authentic fresh pineapple flavor. PERFECT for a Piña Colada! It isn’t juicy or fresh – more of a cooked pineapple flavor. Use at 1 to 3% for mixing, as high as 7.5% for a single flavor. Thin.
FLAVORAH
  • Pineapple

Tested at 3%. FLV is the strongest of the pineapples tested. 2% to 3% will be equal in strength to 5-6% of INW or VTA Sugarloaf. It is bright and juicy – a bit less bright than INW or VTA but bright and fresh. Oh, and juicy which is a major plus. Nice mouthfeel and adds body to the mix. It is just a bit tart. Less authentic than INW or VTA but adds juice and texture to a mix. It reminds me of Dole canned pineapple, which is not a bad thing at all. 1% with 3% INW will give a tart and real pineapple flavor. I added 1% to my Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz and it was immediately improved – maybe it is the texture, mouthfeel, and juiciness that FLV brings. I like this a lot.
INAWERA
  • Pineapple
  • Tested at 5%. This is a fresh, juicy, authentic fresh pineapple flavor. It is juicy and sweet, like a fresh pineapple. It is weak for Inawera but a very good pineapple flavor. Use as high as 5% and maybe as high as 6 to 7%, even in a mix. This flavor is in a virtual tie with Vape Train’s Sugarloaf Pineapple for best pineapple flavor available. Thin.

PURILUM
  • Golden Pineapple
    Tested at 7.5%. Lightly sweetened, cooked, canned pineapple. Like all pineapple flavors, it is weak. It is very similar to CAP’s Golden Pineapple but I pick up a bit of harshness (which will probably steep out) in the Purilum and the Purilum is a bit more juicy than CAP Golden but the flavor is very, very similar. It is juicy and not acidic. People have reported flavor fading after steeping. In a fresh mix, you could use 3% if using other pineapples, as high as 8% if this is used without backup pineapple flavors. It wouldn’t be my go to pineapple but I can see subbing it for CAP’s I if run low. It should be a fairly even trade-off unless the flavor does fade with a steep.
TFA
  • Pineapple
    Tested at 5%. This is a sweet pineapple juice flavor. It is strong for TFA and can overpower your mix. It is a bit acidic. Keep it low. .5 to 1% can give a candied pineapple flavor to your mix. Even as high as 2% can be harsh and overpowering but it has it place for adding the sweet, candied pineapple to a mix. It is twice as strong as INW and not even close to natural pineapple.
VAPE TRAIN
  • Sugarloaf Pineapple
    Tested at 5%. Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge to INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Rather thin on mouthfeel. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. Definitely a winner!
For a mix that is pineapple only, I like a mixture of 1% FLV, 3% INW, and 3% VTA. A little lime makes it pop for me - .5% FA Cold Pressed, .25 FA Distilled. 2% FW Pink Champagne will give you a bit of fizz and I like that. I haven't added any creams to my pineapple mixes but if I did, I would probably go with 4% TFA Vanilla Swirl, 1% FLV Cream, 2% FA Cream Fresh, and 1% TFA Whipped Cream. Add .5% to 1% WS-23 for the frostiness.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio

My pineapple flavor notes:

CAPELLA
  • Golden Pineapple
    Tested at 7.5%. Sweet canned pineapple flavor. There is a touch of tartness but just a touch. It is mostly a sweet, not very authentic fresh pineapple flavor. PERFECT for a Piña Colada! It isn’t juicy or fresh – more of a cooked pineapple flavor. Use at 1 to 3% for mixing, as high as 7.5% for a single flavor. Thin.
FLAVORAH
  • Pineapple

Tested at 3%. FLV is the strongest of the pineapples tested. 2% to 3% will be equal in strength to 5-6% of INW or VTA Sugarloaf. It is bright and juicy – a bit less bright than INW or VTA but bright and fresh. Oh, and juicy which is a major plus. Nice mouthfeel and adds body to the mix. It is just a bit tart. Less authentic than INW or VTA but adds juice and texture to a mix. It reminds me of Dole canned pineapple, which is not a bad thing at all. 1% with 3% INW will give a tart and real pineapple flavor. I added 1% to my Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz and it was immediately improved – maybe it is the texture, mouthfeel, and juiciness that FLV brings. I like this a lot.
INAWERA
  • Pineapple
  • Tested at 5%. This is a fresh, juicy, authentic fresh pineapple flavor. It is juicy and sweet, like a fresh pineapple. It is weak for Inawera but a very good pineapple flavor. Use as high as 5% and maybe as high as 6 to 7%, even in a mix. This flavor is in a virtual tie with Vape Train’s Sugarloaf Pineapple for best pineapple flavor available. Thin.

PURILUM
  • Golden Pineapple
    Tested at 7.5%. Lightly sweetened, cooked, canned pineapple. Like all pineapple flavors, it is weak. It is very similar to CAP’s Golden Pineapple but I pick up a bit of harshness (which will probably steep out) in the Purilum and the Purilum is a bit more juicy than CAP Golden but the flavor is very, very similar. It is juicy and not acidic. People have reported flavor fading after steeping. In a fresh mix, you could use 3% if using other pineapples, as high as 8% if this is used without backup pineapple flavors. It wouldn’t be my go to pineapple but I can see subbing it for CAP’s I if run low. It should be a fairly even trade-off unless the flavor does fade with a steep.
TFA
  • Pineapple
    Tested at 5%. This is a sweet pineapple juice flavor. It is strong for TFA and can overpower your mix. It is a bit acidic. Keep it low. .5 to 1% can give a candied pineapple flavor to your mix. Even as high as 2% can be harsh and overpowering but it has it place for adding the sweet, candied pineapple to a mix. It is twice as strong as INW and not even close to natural pineapple.
VAPE TRAIN
  • Sugarloaf Pineapple
    Tested at 5%. Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge to INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Rather thin on mouthfeel. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. Definitely a winner!
For a mix that is pineapple only, I like a mixture of 1% FLV, 3% INW, and 3% VTA. A little lime makes it pop for me - .5% FA Cold Pressed, .25 FA Distilled. 2% FW Pink Champagne will give you a bit of fizz and I like that. I haven't added any creams to my pineapple mixes but if I did, I would probably go with 4% TFA Vanilla Swirl, 1% FLV Cream, 2% FA Cream Fresh, and 1% TFA Whipped Cream. Add .5% to 1% WS-23 for the frostiness.
That's a huge help. Unfortunately (or not) at least two more flavors made it onto the list I just shortened, FLV pineapple and VT sugarloaf.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I'm not sure if they all are. Bourbon Cream Cake and Bourbon Ginger Cake are original recipes of mine and the Drunken Coconut Cream Pie and Bourbon Pecan Cookies are both adaptations of somebody else's recipe.

Bourbon Pecan Cookies

FLV Bourbon 1%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
INW Biscuit 1%
FW Butter Pecan 2%
WF Butter Pecan Pie 4%
FW Butterscotch Ripple 1.5%
CAP Super Sweet 0.3%
Soooo close :(, I have everything but the butter pecan pie

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
That's a huge help. Unfortunately (or not) at least two more flavors made it onto the list I just shortened, FLV pineapple and VT sugarloaf.

LOL - if you like pineapple, you won't be sorry.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Late birthday lunch with my 2 girls and free dessert from the restaurant I'll have to catch up later.

45953580_10209812351704807_6334643163176632320_n.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire