Random DIY mixing and More

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I’m not sure why but I stopped getting notifications for this thread sometime yesterday. I just had 5 pages to catch up! Good stuff though. When I’m busy I jump off and on as I can only checking notifs. This evening it dawned on me that I haven’t received any. So I check and I’m still “watching this thread”. Is this odd or have others experienced?
ECF tutorial for the day (;)):
We only receive one notification per watched thread, until we clear it by reading through the current end. The exception to this is, if one of your previous posts is quoted or liked, or if you are tagged in someone else's post. For each of those occurrences; you receive individual notification.;)

As fast as posts are sometimes being made to this thread, I am guessing, that you were reading through the thread, while additional posts were being made, and you may have missed one or more of the most recent posts (updates while "in thread" are a bit sketchy from time to time; for me anyway). The system figures you have already been notified and doesn't issue another one.

I don't think I would be concerned, unless you don't get any further notification for this thread, at all. Then, I would first try "unwatching" the thread, the "watching" it again. If that doesn't fix things; then I would notify admin.:D

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Sparkler
    Cranberry (TFA) 3%
    Lemon Sicily (FA) 1%
    Lemonade (LA) 2%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) 1%
    Pink Champagne (FW) 2%
    Pomegranate (FA) 0.75%
    Pomegranate (TFA) 4%
    SugarDaddy Sweetener 1% (reduce or leave out for a more tart juice)
    WS-23 30% 0.5%

After vaping it all day today I would reduce or leave out the sweetener. If it needs a little, easy enough to add in a little at a time. I like sweet vapes, but think this is a bit too sweet for the tart profile. JMHO. LA Lemonade is already pretty sweet, TFA Cranberry is mildly sweet - that might be enough. I am going to try it without sweetener and if it is too tart, add sweetener in small increments until I get to the right spot.

I REALLY do like this one!

Thanks for the thoughts. I will leave out the sweetener. May reduce the lemonade to 1% and see how that goes:)

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    I’m not sure why but I stopped getting notifications for this thread sometime yesterday. I just had 5 pages to catch up! Good stuff though. When I’m busy I jump off and on as I can only checking notifs. This evening it dawned on me that I haven’t received any. So I check and I’m still “watching this thread”. Is this odd or have others experienced?
    I wanted to mention a mixer I came across on ELR a bit ago who goes by Smokey Blue. A few weeks ago I found a recipe I wanted to mix which called for Graham Cracker followed by Smokey Blue as if it was the brand. In the comments a couple mentioned how good it is. I searched and searched online but found nothing of Smokey Blue flavorings. So when I stumbled across SB today, I was elated! I’ve never seen recipes the way SB writes them! They’re between around 2-4% total flavoring using around 7-11 flavors, all under 1%. And all comments are as if SB’s mixes are the best ever! Maybe Smokey Blue &/or SB recipes aren’t new to you all here, but I find them rather intriguing and can’t wait to learn from them!
    Smokey has a profile here on ecf, I met her on fb about 1 year ago. She mixes only with flavorah and another lab. You can look her up on fb flvfan is the page. I have definitely learned a lot about mixing using ultra concentrates from her.

This is a great thread, have been following it some great tips going on here :)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    ECF tutorial for the day (;)):
    We only receive one notification per watched thread, until we clear it by reading through the current end. The exception to this is, if one of your previous posts is quoted or liked, or if you are tagged in someone else's post. For each of those occurrences; you receive individual notification.;)

As fast as posts are sometimes being made to this thread, I am guessing, that you were reading through the thread, while additional posts were being made, and you may have missed one or more of the most recent posts (updates while "in thread" are a bit sketchy from time to time; for me anyway). The system figures you have already been notified and doesn't issue another one.

I don't think I would be concerned, unless you don't get any further notification for this thread, at all. Then, I would first try "unwatching" the thread, the "watching" it again. If that doesn't fix things; then I would notify admin.:D
    Thanks Joel! Once again, you always seem to have my answers:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for the thoughts. I will leave out the sweetener. May reduce the lemonade to 1% and see how that goes:)
    My lemon berry spritz is nice and refreshing but feels like its missing something. After seeing this I’m thinking move on instead of tweaking it, as this looks like a much much tastier version:p

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Smokey has a profile here on ecf, I met her on fb about 1 year ago. She mixes only with flavorah and another lab. You can look her up on fb flvfan is the page. I have definitely learned a lot about mixing using ultra concentrates from her.

Good to see you here,Joey:)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN

I have plenty of flavors but after viewing her recipes, I need quite a few she mixes with. More than a couple times I clicked on “you are missing flavors” and they ALL highlighted:laugh: Any of her recipes you’ve liked more than others? I’m betting they can be used more than a couple ways. Thanks for sharing this!

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Did just read a review on Avocado and Avocado Cream flavors. Both are described as being weak flavors. Guess I can skip that one:lol:
    I hope they aren’t all too weak. I love avocados about as much as I do fresh berries! I often eat whole ones for breakfast, lunch or snack, sliced and topped with a bit of salt:p

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope they aren’t all too weak. I love avocados about as much as I do fresh berries! I often eat whole ones for breakfast, lunch or snack, sliced and topped with a bit of salt:p
    I'll keep fingers crossed:)

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    I have plenty of flavors but after viewing her recipes, I need quite a few she mixes with. More than a couple times I clicked on “you are missing flavors” and they ALL highlighted:laugh: Any of her recipes you’ve liked more than others? I’m betting they can be used more than a couple ways. Thanks for sharing this!
    Yep there are a few I like, I will post them later when I am on a computer. I hate doing some things on my cell lol. I have a few of my own also I can post also.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    I'm really hoping to see more recipes. Once in awhile I'll mix one as is. More often it gives me a good idea to tweak to my liking. I can't vape the sweet stuff but lots of folks love it.
    They are not heavy on sweet but that is me lol I hardly use sweeteners now, depends on the recipe :)

Users who are viewing this thread