Random DIY mixing and More

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yep I've done that to be fair but thank you Fred. I think I'm going to get some phosphorus.....can't think of anything natural to use. Any ideas??
It was a runner from a huge old one so I wouldn't expect it to take this long.... maybe....I don't know :rolleyes:
Soil in general don't have a lack of P (it's actually in abundance)...compost and bone meal for instance contains loads of P.
I didn't even ask the question mate...is it in a pot, or in the ground?
I still say the right prune regime is how you encourage it to flower. I have 3 in pots that i helped flowering by pruning. Remember next years flowers buds are made this summer. Don't cut them off...i've done that :(

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Not to bring the thread down. I had that exact experience on the morning of May 2, 2018. It was the worst day of my life.
RIP my Love. :wub:

18-181112_sad-emoji-transparent-background-sad-smiley-face.png

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
Soil in general don't have a lack of P (it's actually in abundance)...compost and bone meal for instance contains loads of P.
I still say the right prune regime is how you encourage it to flower. I have 3 in pots that i helped flowering by pruning. Remember next years flowers buds are made this summer. Don't cut them off...i've done that :(
If potassium is a problem bury some banana peels around the base of the plant then water with a mild molasses water. Careful though on the molasses it is very easy to over do. 3 tablespoons in a gallon of water is plenty.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
When I first started vaping, 8and1/2 years ago, all I wanted was tobacco flavored vapes. Now the opposite is true.
When I started vaping I hated tobacco....wanted anything but it. For years I tried to convince myself to vape other flavors...to no avail. I almost went back to smoking because I couldn't find anything I can vape....until I discovered natural extracted tobacco. Now i'll die a happy man...with a tobacco vape in my hand :p

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    From day one I wanted a menthol tobacco that tasted like my cigarettes. It's not to be found. Nothing is going to taste like burning tobacco. Anyway, I settled on a menthol tobacco liquid until my supplier closed down. Then turned to DIY. I came up with an acceptable replacement I can mix myself and use that first each morning. Never thought I'd like bakery or anything but really do.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was all tobacco when I started but that didn’t last very long, I had a friend in DIY and she got me into it early. The tobacco didn’t last long after that. I still vape a NET once in awhile but mostly other stuff. Never thought then that I’d be mixing bakery stuff.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Mines in the ground.....it's a big old thing....winds up along our terrace. Its roots are very close to our compost heap. I'm thinking that maybe where the nitrogen overload maybe coming from!! And it has to put up with the really hot summers.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Mines in the ground.....it's a big old thing....winds up along our terrace. Its roots are very close to our compost heap. I'm thinking that maybe where the nitrogen overload maybe coming from!! And it has to put up with the really hot summers.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I'm an oddball, but totally know that, embrace it, and milk it for all it's worth. :lol: When I started vaping the last thing I wanted to vape was anything that reminded me of tobacco. I've never had the urge to vape any tobacco flavors or NET's. Just about any other flavors, game on!

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah to much N available and it'll send all its stored energy into those runners...happy life and no need to make flowers. Cutting it, causes stress and that triggers it to reproduce....starting the flower/seed cycle.
    The right pruning at the right times is the best way to get it to flower mate.

Users who are viewing this thread