Random DIY mixing and More

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I'm not doing better. I'm still on a wild tangent to try new stuff. Now do I really need Zen Garden????
This might sound crazy but when reading reviews about basil someone compared it to zen garden, in the earthy sense, but better. Idk though.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That is my favorite juice right now. I am loving it with the sweetness but just think the tart profile might be better served with less sweetener. It will probably need some and it is so easy to add a bit at a time to reach the perfect %. That is how I will mix the next batch. For you, so sweetener at all might be perfect. Funny though that you are thinking of reducing the lemonade and I was thinking of increasing it a bit. LOL Nice thing about DIY. ;)
    Lemonade is actually pretty sweet

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This might sound crazy but when reading reviews about basil someone compared it to zen garden, in the earthy since, but better. Idk though.
    Yes and I just got Basil so I think I' wait on the Zen Garden

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Yes and I just got Basil so I think I' wait on the Zen Garden

I am loving Basil, which surprised me. I am a really good cook, but just because I like something in food doesn't mean I will like it in a juice. That basil flavor is a winner though. I do think familiarity with how flavors blend and complement each other does make it easier for me to convert a food or cocktail recipe to a vape recipe. It just all makes sense to me.

tc1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Glad people still read and enjoy those old recipes. Though I rarely post these days I do "creep" around from time to time.

These days I mainly DIY straight flavors, as there are so many solid multi-flavored flavorings on the market.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Glad people still read and enjoy those old recipes. Though I rarely post these days I do "creep" around from time to time.

These days I mainly DIY straight flavors, as there are so many solid multi-flavored flavorings on the market.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Glad you chose to share your Scutch! That recipe, has helped no less than 5 of my friends, convert from smoking to vaping. You've done a good thing!!:thumbs::D

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Both Bull City reviews are calling this a basil concentrate...
    ECX has a few more, varying reviews, that some might find informative. :)

The Reddit review of Zen Garden says straight up basil. I have no idea how it compares, strength-wise, to FLV Basil though. The Reddit reviewer does mention some light floral notes, which I can do without. Florals in a vape don't appeal to me. I would love to single test both so maybe I will get some Zen Garden on the next sale.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    go real light with that flavor fran one drop to ten ml to test :)
    When I see these sort of comments it almost always has me jotting it down in my “to order” book:laugh: Not only do I like getting the most bang for my buck but I’ve found I usually like the ones which come with warnings:lol:

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    When I see these sort of comments it almost always has me jotting it down in my “to order” book:laugh: Not only do I like getting the most bang for my buck but I’ve found I usually like the ones which come with warnings:lol:
    Alpine strawberry is that way also and a few other. I use it 2 bottle drops to 30 ml mix good flavor also expensive. Worth every drop tho :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hmmm...one reviewer that mixed it with lavender. Sounds yummy
    I haven't had the nerve to try mixing with lavender yet. Too many memories of "old lady" perfume and body powder.:shock:

The one time I was fortunate enough to eat at a posh restaurant, where they used fresh lavender blossoms as an edible garnish, I did enjoy those. Maybe I need to put on my big-boy pants and give it a try.:D

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    It isn't the PEG itself it's that I would have to change wicks if switching from a max vg mix to a 80/20 PEG mix. Not having to change wicks so often is what finally got me into diy.
    I treat it more like VG than PG in that its thicker than PG but not quite as thick as VG. I do think I get better, more crisp top notes with it versus straight VG. Lot less steeping also. Wanna try something funny? Put it in your fridge.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I treat it more like VG than PG in that its thicker than PG but not quite as thick as VG. I do think I get better, more crisp top notes with it versus straight VG. Lot less steeping also. Wanna try something funny? Put it in your fridge.
    I’ll bite, whats it do:laugh:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't do much with strawberries, but strawberries go well with basil, so that will be my next concoction. Every tank I own (with the exception of ones I have put aside to sell or to give away,) are filled with test juices. I need to narrow my testing or buy more RTAs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread