Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers, and happy Saturday :)

Nice temps continue, still no rain (still mumbling about "maybe" "scattered" "light" showers. That usually means heavy dew.

Endless yard work :)

2347663.gif

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m still in coffee and tv mode. I bought a new tv for our bedroom that I need to do a wall mount for. Other than that I need to do some grocery shopping. My wife is still down with nerve pain so hasn’t been able to do the shopping.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    FYI :

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    FYI :

Yeah, they delayed the Artemis I launch again due to that thing. They can't catch a break I guess.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yeah, they delayed the Artemis I launch again due to that thing. They can't catch a break I guess.

Per the NASA channel, On the launchpad SLS can withstand wind gusts up to 137 kilometers (85 miles) per hour. If weather conditions improve a no roll-back preserves a launch opportunity before October 5. If they do a rollback the next launch window runs from October 17 to 31, with one possibility of take-off per day, except from Oct 24-26 and 28.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    White squirrel visit, looked out front and he/she was right there...
    View attachment 981376
    Very cool!!! Nice photo, thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

FWIW...

"White squirrels are very rare, comprising “much less than one per cent” of the North American squirrel population."

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    This one has been around for a few years. Pretty sure it is not albino (I read that there are strains of black and white with a mutation that is not albinism).
    View attachment 981378
    Two of my neighbors dubbed it Blanco.
    Blanco is awesome.

I love critters. At my home back in the city there is a chipmunk I was feeding daily. He/she got to be very trusting. It would come to about two feet away from me. They're so cute.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    My old neighbor didn’t like squirrels because they dug a hole and got in his attic. He used to call them tree rats.
    Haha, my Dad called them that as well, though he did like squirrels. He could mimic a part of their barking sounds and would usually get a reaction.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    A young couple a few houses down from me in the city sit on their porch very early in the mornings and feed about 6-8 squirrels. Their squirrels get pretty close too. They set out water bowls for them with fresh water daily. Lol, I call them the squirrel whisperers. :greengrin:

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    They're not overly bad.
    The destructive things that seem to be on the rise right now are their bigger cousins, the groundhogs/woodchucks. Holy cats can they dig, and undermine structures.
    We have at least one groundhog out back, but it stays near the woods/weeds. Actually just saw it and the white squirrel out there a few minutes ago.
    The 'hog does spook much easier than the squirrels do.

Users who are viewing this thread