Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good morning mixologists!

My first weekend I can remember where I am either not insanely busy, and/or sick. I have a huge FT package with THREE new atomizers to try. LOL. I gotta mix some base. I also want to mix. We shall see what happens....

I'm sort of pleased, honestly.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Good morning mixologists!

My first weekend I can remember where I am either not insanely busy, and/or sick. I have a huge FT package with THREE new atomizers to try. LOL. I gotta mix some base. I also want to mix. We shall see what happens....

I'm sort of pleased, honestly.

Anna

Good morning Anna! That’s great that you can relax and enjoy your weekend for a change!!
Which atties did you get?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have a question. I recently won an hcigar Akso (pod), that's a lot like a Juul. I really only do tobaccos, and have tried a number of non-tobacco flavors that I just didn't care for. But this thing came with a pod of Ice Mint, and I really like it for a change of pace. Good TH but cool and refreshing. I'm guessing it has menthol, mint, and maybe even a hint of tobacco, I can't tell. If it does, it's in the background, and really only adds a little TH and mouth feel more than flavor. Anyway, does anyone have a good menthol/mint recipe, or favorite flavoring that might be close? Never really cared for menthol by itself (but of course would smoke one if I was out!).

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have a question. I recently won an HCigar Akso (pod), that's a lot like a Juul. I really only do tobaccos, and have tried a number of non-tobacco flavors that I just didn't care for. But this thing came with a pod of Ice Mint, and I really like it for a change of pace. Good TH but cool and refreshing. I'm guessing it has menthol, mint, and maybe even a hint of tobacco, I can't tell. If it does, it's in the background, and really only adds a little TH and mouth feel more than flavor. Anyway, does anyone have a good menthol/mint recipe, or favorite flavoring that might be close? Never really cared for menthol by itself (but of course would smoke one if I was out!).

I understand where you’re coming from. I grabbed a couple Njoy ace pod starter kits when they were running the promotion for .99 for a starter kit. I like their mint but have no idea how to duplicate it. It is obviously a salt nic. It kind of reminds me of the mint that ruyan direct used to sell before they became heaven gifts. It kind of reminds me of a light peppermint flavor. I’m not sure if yours is the same.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    We got a pretty good snow storm but temperatures are staying right above freezing so it’s a wet and heavy snow. I should probably be mixing something but decided to try out some new Bluetooth headphones and get some exercise instead.

The cereal bar is much better in my ammit mtl rta than my juggerknot mini. It’s muted in the mini.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    We got a pretty good snow storm but temperatures are staying right above freezing so it’s a wet and heavy snow. I should probably be mixing something but decided to try out some new Bluetooth headphones and get some exercise instead.

The cereal bar is much better in my ammit mtl rta than my juggerknot mini. It’s muted in the mini.
    That’s strange that it’s muted in the jk mini.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My legs on the OG JK mini is 4.5mm & 4mm on my clone.

Ill try it lower next time. I’m rather impressed with the ammit mtl rta. I’ll have to watch for a sale to pick up another one.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I have a question. I recently won an HCigar Akso (pod), that's a lot like a Juul. I really only do tobaccos, and have tried a number of non-tobacco flavors that I just didn't care for. But this thing came with a pod of Ice Mint, and I really like it for a change of pace. Good TH but cool and refreshing. I'm guessing it has menthol, mint, and maybe even a hint of tobacco, I can't tell. If it does, it's in the background, and really only adds a little TH and mouth feel more than flavor. Anyway, does anyone have a good menthol/mint recipe, or favorite flavoring that might be close? Never really cared for menthol by itself (but of course would smoke one if I was out!).
    I was mostly a mint vaper; when I first quit smoking. Tobacco vapes made me jones for the real thing; and candy, fruits, and custards just didn't do it for me. So... mint e-liquids, became my ticket to freedom.

When I started DIYing; I learned there is a lot of variety, in all the mint offerings. There are the usual candy/gum type of mints (spearmint, peppermint, and wintergreen). And then there are the "real," more natural, mint "leaf" types of mints (like one might use for cooking, or cocktails).

For the candy mints; TFA, and CAP, both do good concentrates. For the "real" mint; INW is my go-to vendor (there are several offerings).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I was mostly a mint vaper; when I first quit smoking. Tobacco vapes made me jones for the real thing; and candy, fruits, and custards just didn't do it for me. So... mint e-liquids, became my ticket to freedom.

When I started DIYing; I learned there is a lot of variety, in all the mint offerings. There are the usual candy/gum type of mints (spearmint, peppermint, and wintergreen). And then there are the "real," more natural, mint "leaf" types of mints (like one might use for cooking, or cocktails).

For the candy mints; TFA, and CAP, both do good concentrates. For the "real" mint; INW is my go-to vendor (there are several offerings).
    Thanks, Joel - this may be of help. I have no interest in candy flavors, and it's not what I get from the Akso. The most mentioned menthol I've seen is Koolada (TFA I think), so maybe I'll give that a shot, with some INW mint.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    The most mentioned menthol I've seen is Koolada (TFA I think), so maybe I'll give that a shot,
    To me, only menthol is "menthol." It has that distinct "Vicks" aroma, and menthol cough-drop flavor to it. I am not a personal fan, so I detect it easily.

Koolada (a.k.a. WS-3) is far less offensive to me. Though, there does seem to be a minority(?), that tastes a distinct flavor to it which can be unpleasant.

WS-23, is the new(er?) coolant to the DIY scene. It is not as potent as menthol or Koolada (gram for gram). But, it can be suspended at higher concentrations (30% is quite common; compared to 20, 10, even 5% of menthol or Koolada), so fewer mL are required. WS-23 also seems (from what I have read) to have the fewest comments of having any sort of distinct/identifiable flavor... it is just plain "cooling sensation."

As you experiment; if one coolant doesn't do it for you, try another. You may even find, it takes a combination of two of them, to get the effect you are wanting. :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Man, sounds like a lot of work. I'm just a simple, single flavor diy'er. I do like it though, and might have to try. I'll probably fail in duplicating it, of course, but maybe find something good in the process anyway.

Sure would be easier if someone would just point me to an Akso Ice Mint flavoring concentrate! :)

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I've been into donuts and cookies for two days now. Sft's of Zeppola, FA Cookie, Burlone. All good, but Burlone, a cannoli cookie one shot, could use some support. It does have something that has some similarities to that sharp odd flavor I get from WF Shortbread Cookie, It could be the cannoli cream with a little tang that does it. Recommended by manufacturer at 6% so that's where I tried it, steeped 11 days. I still have about 5mls that will age longer.
    @FranC at one point you said about FA Cookie that I needed to get it, and you were totally right, that one will be kept around.
    The Zeppola was a pretty nice flavor solo at 4% and had a nice bright kind of fried donut flavor, light on the fry (I've had some that tasted like grease and salt...) maybe with a granulated sugar dusting, not overly sweet but a little to work with the dough. I think but I could be imagining a hint of lemon or similar in it...
    I'm now vaping a mix with the Zeppola that I found on ELR, 12 day steep it's good, the donut flavor was stronger when first mixed but I intend to let most of this bottle steep longer. I subbed wf caramel butter for a caramel the original called for.

Brooklyn Style Donut -
    1% Biscuit INW
    0.5 Caramel Butter WF
    2 New York Cheesecake CAP
    1 Vanilla Custard V1 CAP
    4 Zeppola FA
    0.25 Acetyl Pyrazine 5% TPA

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Hello everyone. Hope your weekends going well.

I finally got some energy & motivation today to do some mixing. I mixed up 500 mls of nic base, topped off all the small flavor concentrate bottles, finished off the Cheesecake and Custard stones & mixed 7 juices- 4 of which are new to me. Most are SNVs too and as I mentioned earlier I kept it to recipes mostly under 4 flavors.

I still had some energy left (must be my new meds finally kicking in!) I broke down almost all my atties, built some coils and rebuilt/rewicked them.

I’m exhausted now lol!!

Still have to make up some more custard and cheesecake stones but I’ll do it tomorrow. I think
    :thumb: !

What did you all mix up or do vape wise?

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Thanks, Joel - this may be of help. I have no interest in candy flavors, and it's not what I get from the Akso. The most mentioned menthol I've seen is Koolada (TFA I think), so maybe I'll give that a shot, with some INW mint.
    koolada is not menthol, its a cooling agent just like ws23 but basically has no taste. It could be FA polar blast or FW extreme ice

Users who are viewing this thread