Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
So I signed up to be notified when BCF gets 30ml size of Fizzy Sherbert while I was still in the process of placing my order. I completed my order and an hour later I get an email saying quantities are limited and sold on a first come first serve basis so I immediately order 30mls. Dead silence…..no shipping notice. Then it occurred to me Monday is a holiday so no mail service which means the earliest I could possibly get my order is maybe Tuesday. I decided to make a tank of Fizzy Lemon Sherbert. Between this and Heart of Andes it is two out of the three flavors for the lemon honey cough drop sort of. I can taste both so I might be on my way to recovery.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I got the eucalyptus mixed tonight and have it loaded into a mtl tank. So far I like it. I’m going to use it more tomorrow before I decide to mix more.

It does get even better after a steep of 3 or more weeks.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
My missing marshmallow is still awol, but when I went to put the new pack of 30 ml bottles in the closet, the vanished partial pack had mysteriously reappeared. I’m afraid I have a black hole in my vape closet lol. I’m taking the return of the bottles as a sign that tomorrow I must mix. Got to use some of those suckers up. And finally use the granola I couldn’t wait for.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't know if anyone else runs into this but when I was making the eucalyptus recipe it called for .25% of honey. Even with a 1ml syringe it's really hard to see that on the syringe. I ended up just adding five drops. I know some of you measure by weight. It's been a big move for me to just measure with syringes instead of counting drops and don't really see myself moving to a scale.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I don't know if anyone else runs into this but when I was making the eucalyptus recipe it called for .25% of honey. Even with a 1ml syringe it's really hard to see that on the syringe. I ended up just adding five drops. I know some of you measure by weight. It's been a big move for me to just measure with syringes instead of counting drops and don't really see myself moving to a scale.
    I sometimes do the same Hitt, there is no reason not to sometimes. Gotta do what ya gotta do. LOL

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    To me this recipe tastes just like a lemon cough drop. I'm really liking it. I normally use a menthol tobacco at work because it has a good throat hit and has virtually no smell and I have to stealth vape at work. I'm not really picking up on a scent from this one so I may be able to slip it into a rotation at work.

I still have a few flavors left from my last order that I need to make sft for and haven't put my last two orders into cases yet.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    To me this recipe tastes just like a lemon cough drop. I'm really liking it. I normally use a menthol tobacco at work because it has a good throat hit and has virtually no smell and I have to stealth vape at work. I'm not really picking up on a scent from this one so I may be able to slip it into a rotation at work.

I still have a few flavors left from my last order that I need to make sft for and haven't put my last two orders into cases yet.
    I have managed to put my newest flavoring away, just have not mixed anything for a while. Still trying out the ones I do have already mixed. Some are ok, most are not. :(

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm still not real crazy about the ones I've mixed with cereal27. It just might not be a flavor for me. The rhubarb bar recipe has changed quite a bit since I put it in a tank even though it was steeped for almost a month.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm still not real crazy about the ones I've mixed with cereal27. It just might not be a flavor for me. The rhubarb bar recipe has changed quite a bit since I put it in a tank even though it was steeped for almost a month.
    I am not enjoying the cranberry and fig combo I mixed either. It is the reg fig, not the sweet one(haven't tried that one yet). IMO they do not go together at all.....but will give it some more time and wait and see.
    These are both FLV flavors.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Are you enjoying the Rhubarb recipe?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My vape cabinet needs a serious reorganization. I need to put away some mods and tanks I’m not using to make room for mixing stuff.
    That’s what I’ve been doing instead of mixing all week, bit by bit. It’s been time consuming, but I have a ton more room. Next week, I’ll tackle reorganizing my mixing supplies and steeping/storage. I’m beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! It was hard to admit I didn’t NEED every mod and tank right at my fingertips. But I’ve gotten the stash down to just stuff I would absolutely use, PIFed the nots and maybes

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Are you enjoying the Rhubarb recipe?
    To me the rhubarb is a little weak but I'm having a hard time getting past the cereal27 flavor. This was the cheesy rhubarb bar. I don't have a lot of base flavors like cereal but was trying to think of something else to use besides the cereal. I did get granola on my last order. I haven't tried it yet but do have a sft steeping.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I make a 10% solution of honey, then move the decimal point over and use 2.5% of that instead of trying to measure .25% of honey.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I make a 10% solution of honey, then move the decimal point over and use 2.5% of that instead of trying to measure .25% of honey.

That's not a bad idea. I would probably do that if I was making a large amount.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    That's not a bad idea. I would probably do that if I was making a large amount.

I usually just mix up 10mls and tuck into my sweetener section. It will last forever. I have been toying with the idea of adding some FA Brandy to the mix. FA Whiskey or VTA Bourbon are also possibilities.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    To me the rhubarb is a little weak but I'm having a hard time getting past the cereal27 flavor. This was the cheesy rhubarb bar. I don't have a lot of base flavors like cereal but was trying to think of something else to use besides the cereal. I did get granola on my last order. I haven't tried it yet but do have a sft steeping.
    The Cheesy Rhubarb bar doesn’t use the cereal 27. I’m confused :D

Users who are viewing this thread